Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Shadow Magic Advice for Myth

AuthorMessage
Delver
May 12, 2012
Hi,

I'm a wizard about halfway done with Azteca, and I was wondering if I could have some shadow magic advice from a myth wizard's perspective of it, since that time will be coming soon. I would enjoy the tips to go along with ALL my research (which is about 2 hours worth )

Thank you

~ Ali

Survivor
Nov 27, 2009
Being a 110 wizard myself I guess I could answer this.

Myth is the damage hitter for the spirit schools. They get the shadow shrike transformation (50 pierce. 25 bonus damage. 25 reduced heal). And the dark fiend (shadow damage to all)
As to your question. It all depends on your play style. If your running life secondary. You can buy shadow seraph and boost heals. Otherwise you could go high resistance and get the tank shadow. So whichever is your play style. That's what your going to have to go off of. Damage. Healer. Tank.

Personally I don't even use shadow shrike or shadow fiend. Having 25 pierce myself I don't find a use for it. If I need the bonus pierce I'll run infallible to up it to 40. Which is what most mobs have so hey resist nothing when I hit. Bosses bring prisms like usual.

But of course. That's only my opinion and play style. Your free to choose whatever you want. The choices are almost endless.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I have 4 wizards () and NONE of them use shadow magic. I always get the free spells, but I've never bothered with them. I've found the setup and backlash make them pointless for PvE for the most part (for my play style)

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
dayerider on Jan 6, 2016 wrote:
I have 4 wizards () and NONE of them use shadow magic. I always get the free spells, but I've never bothered with them. I've found the setup and backlash make them pointless for PvE for the most part (for my play style)
Agreed. I find the supplemental Shadow spells to be more of a novelty than anything else. The only time I even load them is when I'm farming lower level areas or helping in early worlds through the Team-up kiosk. The Shadow-assisted spells however are a different story. They can be devastating! My suggestion would be to wait a while before you use any training points on Shadow spells (unless you have a surplus of them) and maybe try some out the next time there's a test realm. Some will be freebies but others will cost a point.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
TucsonWizard on Jan 6, 2016 wrote:
Agreed. I find the supplemental Shadow spells to be more of a novelty than anything else. The only time I even load them is when I'm farming lower level areas or helping in early worlds through the Team-up kiosk. The Shadow-assisted spells however are a different story. They can be devastating! My suggestion would be to wait a while before you use any training points on Shadow spells (unless you have a surplus of them) and maybe try some out the next time there's a test realm. Some will be freebies but others will cost a point.
Yeah, those L100 spells are just beasts; they're my bread and butter. All I stock now is Mystic Colossus on my Myth when going with my quest buddy. I think even if I was soloing that would be all I carried. I will concur with Tuscon and say unless you have a plethora of training points, or it fits into your strategy, get the free ones and dont waste your time with the others

Delver
May 12, 2012
Thanks everyone, the feedback is helping from what my view of it is.

~ Ali