Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Shadow Magic

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 23, 2009
Hi, I'm Scarlet Dragonflame level 99. I have the new shadow sentinel and I love it. I just don't understand its power or how to use it to my benefit. I also want to know if we get more shadow pips and other shadow magic powers or cards.

If anyone has an answer please let me know. Thanks

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
You can train Shadow Shrike and Shadow Seraph from Sophia Darkside in the Eclipse Tower, Moon Cliffs. You also get Dark Shepherd at some point in Khrysalis part 2 from Elana Darksun I think, and you can also train Dark Fiend and Dark Nova from her.

Shadow Sentinel is best used when you have friends with you because of the intercept which lets you take 25% of the damage for your friends. You get another Shadow Pip slot when you get your Shadow Creature spell(Dark Shepherd/Fiend/Nova).

Hero
May 02, 2009
Shadow Sentinel's job is to block and reduce the damage taken by your allies from your opponents various offensive spells, such as Wild Bolt and the like for example. The Shadow Sentinel spell raises 3 shadow walls of sorts in front of your allies that block 25% of the damage taken from spells, and whatever damage is left over after that gets redirected to you instead of them, which in turn also decreases your backlash damage in the process as well. This also means that attacking the enemy team while in Shadow Sentinel form will only serve to anger it in the process as well, thereby increasing the amount of the backlash damage that you take when it's all over in the process there as well, so there's that at least.

And as for your other question yes, we do get more shadow spells in part 2 of Khrysalis as well along with an additional shadow pip to go along with it as well, so there's that at least.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Scarlet7771 on Oct 1, 2014 wrote:
Hi, I'm Scarlet Dragonflame level 99. I have the new shadow sentinel and I love it. I just don't understand its power or how to use it to my benefit. I also want to know if we get more shadow pips and other shadow magic powers or cards.

If anyone has an answer please let me know. Thanks
There are a few guides on Central that explain Shadow Magic that may help you. Most don't under stand the use/benefit of it, at least the ones I have met with it.

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?388737-Lashing-Out-a-Guide-to-Backlash&p=4702754#post4702754

Mary

Survivor
Mar 23, 2009
Thanks for the answers to my questions. Much appreciated.

Scarlet