Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Shadow-Forged Wands Went Top Far

AuthorMessage
Champion
May 10, 2013
483
Whenever I battle an Exalted in PVP, I kind of get worried because they usually have a "Shadow-Forged"
wand.
If you don't know what Shadow-Forged weapons are, its a new system where Wands have "May-Casts."

The real deal is life.

Rebirth May Cast.
Literally is IMPOSSIBLE to go through, because If I remove the spirit armor, there goes another Rebirth.

I remember it said "How come pets get to have all the fun?"
Well, how come Level 96+ get to have all the fun?
Maybe, because the Shadow-Forged went to far in the first place.
Anyone agree?
Sean HawkHunter!

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
403
These aren't even used by most players because the stats are so bad. It isn't a problem or an issue at all.

Champion
Jun 19, 2010
466
Dakota Death is right on the money with this one.

I think its awesome weapons can auto-cast spells, but without better stats; I won't use in pvp.

Now if KI is awesome and creates or allows players to craft shadow-forged equipment with auto-casting spells with amazing stats too; then I'll rub my hands together and say "Moo hah hah" (Evil cow laugh).

Until then, I'll keep my pretty shadow wands up on my castle walls!

Hero
Sep 19, 2013
770
PlayHard101 on Jun 10, 2014 wrote:
Whenever I battle an Exalted in PVP, I kind of get worried because they usually have a "Shadow-Forged"
wand.
If you don't know what Shadow-Forged weapons are, its a new system where Wands have "May-Casts."

The real deal is life.

Rebirth May Cast.
Literally is IMPOSSIBLE to go through, because If I remove the spirit armor, there goes another Rebirth.

I remember it said "How come pets get to have all the fun?"
Well, how come Level 96+ get to have all the fun?
Maybe, because the Shadow-Forged went to far in the first place.
Anyone agree?
Sean HawkHunter!
200 absorb is too hard for you? Just hit right through it.
I hear that there's a glitch with those and they only cast if you use their item cards. I wouldn't use them even if I could, they have terrible stats and I can just see a Skeletal Pirate crashing into all of my tactically placed traps and spoiling the lot of them.

Explorer
Mar 26, 2011
83
Really these wands aren't even worth using in pvp people usually only use them for stitching.

Champion
May 10, 2013
483
Robobot1747 on Jun 10, 2014 wrote:
200 absorb is too hard for you? Just hit right through it.
I hear that there's a glitch with those and they only cast if you use their item cards. I wouldn't use them even if I could, they have terrible stats and I can just see a Skeletal Pirate crashing into all of my tactically placed traps and spoiling the lot of them.
No, that isn't the point.

The point is, every turn, the life would stack Spirit Armor.

In 55 turns in a fight, the Spirit Armor Stack is over 30k damage.

+ The Rebirth, = 40k.

And what about storm.

The storm gets really glitchy. Every time my opponent passes, A Stormzilla pops up, criticals, and for some mysterious reason, with 350 block for storm, I don't block it.

He passed for around 7 turns, that's stack 600 a round. Thats 4200. For another Storm Wizard, I'm dead.

Champion
May 10, 2013
483
@ Everyone except the Roborobo guy:

That's the point. Since my rank is down all the way to the Negatives, they go "easy."

It has horrible stats, but plus the gear boost, and stacked up attacks, probably like 1-10 rounds, gg.

Even if it has good stats, it is still OU in PVP.

I've seen more than 50 Exalted Wizards using a Shadow-Forged Wand.
I checked their stats. Not stitched.

Even outside, I port to my friend in the Last Wood.

I see more than 70 people using a life shadow forged, a myth shadow forged, or a balance shadow-forged.

Face it, just because it has horrible stats, doesn't mean its horrible in general.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
3831
You clearly don't understand how the wands work. They don't ever just cast when your opponent passes, like you claim. They only have a CHANCE of casting when you use one of the 2 cards on the wand. The attack spells it's a small trap spell, this targets and triggers the spell, IF it casts. For the rebirth it's casting one of the two included Blinding Light 30% blades. You cannot just keep casting it every round. What are you talking about with this 600 per round Spirit Armor? Spirit Armor is only 400 and it's 3 pips so it CANNOT be cast every round and it also doesn't stack.

Hero
Sep 19, 2013
770
PlayHard101 on Jun 20, 2014 wrote:
No, that isn't the point.

The point is, every turn, the life would stack Spirit Armor.

In 55 turns in a fight, the Spirit Armor Stack is over 30k damage.

+ The Rebirth, = 40k.

And what about storm.

The storm gets really glitchy. Every time my opponent passes, A Stormzilla pops up, criticals, and for some mysterious reason, with 350 block for storm, I don't block it.

He passed for around 7 turns, that's stack 600 a round. Thats 4200. For another Storm Wizard, I'm dead.
Um... lolwut?
So he's casting Spirit Armor EVERY turn AND his wand casts Rebirth EVERY SINGLE TIME? The legit-o-meter is just soaring right now.
Spirit Armor is 3 pips, so he can't cast it every turn, he'll run out of pips.
Even if your hypothetical and nonexistent life wizard actually did this, you would only have to contend with about 600 absorb every hit, each Spirit Armor and MC'd Rebirth are considered to be the same as any other Spirit Armor/Rebirth, so your absorbs wouldn't be affected all at once.
By the way, nice use of an arbitrarily large number of turns and assuming he can cast a 3 pip spell every round + his wand always triggers to get a huge number for absorbs to call us all to action. Oh, and I know your numbers are wrong without even having to calculate them, the Spirit Armor stack should be twice the value of the Rebirth stack.
Must be embarrassing to get called out for not only making things up, but getting your math wrong when multiplying said made up things.

Survivor
Feb 02, 2013
47
PlayHard101 on Jun 20, 2014 wrote:
No, that isn't the point.

The point is, every turn, the life would stack Spirit Armor.

In 55 turns in a fight, the Spirit Armor Stack is over 30k damage.

+ The Rebirth, = 40k.

And what about storm.

The storm gets really glitchy. Every time my opponent passes, A Stormzilla pops up, criticals, and for some mysterious reason, with 350 block for storm, I don't block it.

He passed for around 7 turns, that's stack 600 a round. Thats 4200. For another Storm Wizard, I'm dead.
How are you not blocking a critical may cast? When I went and tested them out with my friend, he wasn't able to critical on them with critical in excess of 100%. I see no possible way for you to keep getting hit with a critical stormzilla if these spells obviously aren't able to hit critical in the first place.

Survivor
Apr 06, 2014
35
Um, I don't know where your census was taken, because no one at level 100 uses those wands. Your scenarios are irrational, as the may cast rate is infinitesimally small.

Hero
Sep 19, 2013
770
rinkworks on Jun 21, 2014 wrote:
How are you not blocking a critical may cast? When I went and tested them out with my friend, he wasn't able to critical on them with critical in excess of 100%. I see no possible way for you to keep getting hit with a critical stormzilla if these spells obviously aren't able to hit critical in the first place.
Maybe because the OP is clearly making things up?

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
3831
2019amisany on Jun 22, 2014 wrote:
Um, I don't know where your census was taken, because no one at level 100 uses those wands. Your scenarios are irrational, as the may cast rate is infinitesimally small.
No it isn't. It's actually pretty high. It's not a May Cast like pets though. They have only one trigger and that is casting the item card that comes on the wand. So you are limited to 2 casts and there's a chance it won't cast. It does cast about 75-80% of the time I'd say.

@ PlayHard101, may cast spells do not critical