Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

seven schools for only six wizards

1
AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 06, 2010
1
why is it that we can only create six wizards when there are seven schools?

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
1205
amazinly KI seems to support players making multiple accounts for playing purposes... I know tons of people who have more than one account cause they have that many characters

Survivor
Oct 09, 2009
10
I completely agree with the idea that KI did this on purpose so you pay for more than one account. I find many online games use this tactic. Although i personally do not like the tactic, I understand it from a business perspective. The thing that bothers me about this game is that it is geared towards kids (at least thats how I feel) and I feel that parents should only have to pay for one account for their children to have access to all the components of W101. I feel like an 'something censored' when I use a wizard slot on my fiances account to create a myth character. Trust me when I say that many other players and parents feel the same as you.

Survivor
Jan 09, 2009
37
So i'll never be able to try and make a life grand. this is why i hate how they don't allow seven characters. i don't have the money for two accounts.

Delver
Aug 12, 2009
261
I would enjoy and play the 7th if it was available, but I'm not too distraught about it. It makes you choose carefully, take your classes seriously and promotes grouping with others.

Devin Darksong – Grandmaster Necromancer – lvl 50 Death
Digby Darksong – Grandmaster Theurgist – lvl 50 Life
Duncan Darksong – Grandmaster Sorcerer – lvl 50 Balance
Dylan Darksong – Grandmaster Diviner – lvl 50 Storm
Dustan Darksong – Grandmaster Conjurer – lvl 50 Myth
Dolan Darksong – Master Thaumaturge - 50 Ice



Survivor
Feb 15, 2009
23
re11ding wrote:
So i'll never be able to try and make a life grand. this is why i hate how they don't allow seven characters. i don't have the money for two accounts.


You do realize you can still play Wizard101 without paying? You dont need subscriptions to have fun on Wizard101! You can just play in Wizard city and Triton Avenue! You dont need crowns either to enjoy it!

Jasmine Frostbreaker
Adept Thautmaturge
Level 20

Mastermind
Jul 04, 2010
303
trickster201 wrote:
re11ding wrote:
So i'll never be able to try and make a life grand. this is why i hate how they don't allow seven characters. i don't have the money for two accounts.


You do realize you can still play Wizard101 without paying? You dont need subscriptions to have fun on Wizard101! You can just play in Wizard city and Triton Avenue! You dont need crowns either to enjoy it!


yeah, but, how long would it take to get a grand master with just those areas? plus you wouldn't be able to share items between your extra wizard and your main account wizards.

Survivor
Jun 06, 2009
43
True, I am a Grandmaster Thaumaturge and i have a death, myth,balance,life,and a storm. I really don't think that we should even be allowed to have six wizards. Whats the fun of doing the same quests over and over again. Ya, I do have six wizards but I probobly was bored and just made them. Yes, two wizards would be okay, but the same quests six times! Really, who wants to do that! The fun is to make your own wizard and do the quests and not get used to them. Like defeating 10 ice weavers that would be fun at first but then if you do it six times, it will seem boring.Ya some of you must enjoy having six Grandmasters, but alot of us don't its too weird and hard. :? So, I think W101 should not let you have seven wizards. That's my point! :P P.S. Also, having a subscription gets you to all the areas and it is only $9.95 for a MONTH. That's good. And you couldn't get to grand with just fighting in unicorn way. If you did by the time your grand three new worlds will probobly be out! And if you don't have a subsciption you can't even go to Triton Avenue! Fact :P

Nathan Bluesinger Grandmaster Thaumaturge Level 52
Dustin Nightblade Adept Necromancer Level 22
David Thunderblade Novice Diviner Level 5
Taylor Trollcaster Novice Conjurer Level 7
Jessica BalanceCaster Novice Sorcerer Level 1
Wolf Lifeblade Novice Thurgeist Level 7

Survivor
Jul 16, 2009
6
I know I am bumping an old thread, but I too want a seventh slot.

I already have 6 wizards created, 2 are Legendary already, 1 is nearly done in Celestia, and the other 3 are all in DS.

So some people DO like doing the quests again, becuase to me, every school makes the game different. Trust me, life me struggled through in a way fire be never did! Because the spells make the game.

I chose to not do ice up to this point, as so many ice spells, from the outside, reminded me of fire. But when all the other "me's" are through in CL, what then?


Squire
Aug 12, 2009
594
tamlfra wrote:
I know I am bumping an old thread, but I too want a seventh slot.

I already have 6 wizards created, 2 are Legendary already, 1 is nearly done in Celestia, and the other 3 are all in DS.

So some people DO like doing the quests again, becuase to me, every school makes the game different. Trust me, life me struggled through in a way fire be never did! Because the spells make the game.

I chose to not do ice up to this point, as so many ice spells, from the outside, reminded me of fire. But when all the other "me's" are through in CL, what then?

Doubtful that's ever going to happen. Would you prefer to waste the bandwidth on an Additional Wizard slot, or would you perhaps prefer to have a Larger friend's list? I personally would go with the Larger list since I have so many friends and I don't have room for all their wizards. Also, you have to think about Account Backup storage, and how much data KI has to hold onto. KI holds onto all deleted characters over Level 10 for 30 days.

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
940
Johnist wrote:
Doubtful that's ever going to happen. Would you prefer to waste the bandwidth on an Additional Wizard slot, or would you perhaps prefer to have a Larger friend's list? I personally would go with the Larger list since I have so many friends and I don't have room for all their wizards. Also, you have to think about Account Backup storage, and how much data KI has to hold onto. KI holds onto all deleted characters over Level 10 for 30 days.


First off, there is no additional bandwidth requirement or usage for having more than 1 wizard, since you cannot play more than one wizard at any given time. The only exception to this is at the opening character selection screen (afterall, you have to display an extra wizard) and the difference is negligible, since all it has to do is show you a sitting and a standing version of your wizard.

Secondly, the hard drive storage requiments for another wizard is also negligible. While I admit, I do not know what formatting structure the data is stored in, in reality it shouldn't be anything more difficult than a text file, or perhaps a spreadsheet. In other words, each account file's, regardless of how many wizards are made, shouldn't take more than 5mb of file space (and that is taking into consideration someone who has 6 wizards, 3 homes apiece and all filled up).

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
594
Preacher7719 wrote:
Johnist wrote:
Doubtful that's ever going to happen. Would you prefer to waste the bandwidth on an Additional Wizard slot, or would you perhaps prefer to have a Larger friend's list? I personally would go with the Larger list since I have so many friends and I don't have room for all their wizards. Also, you have to think about Account Backup storage, and how much data KI has to hold onto. KI holds onto all deleted characters over Level 10 for 30 days.


First off, there is no additional bandwidth requirement or usage for having more than 1 wizard, since you cannot play more than one wizard at any given time. The only exception to this is at the opening character selection screen (afterall, you have to display an extra wizard) and the difference is negligible, since all it has to do is show you a sitting and a standing version of your wizard.

Secondly, the hard drive storage requiments for another wizard is also negligible. While I admit, I do not know what formatting structure the data is stored in, in reality it shouldn't be anything more difficult than a text file, or perhaps a spreadsheet. In other words, each account file's, regardless of how many wizards are made, shouldn't take more than 5mb of file space (and that is taking into consideration someone who has 6 wizards, 3 homes apiece and all filled up).

Actually, yes, there is extra bandwidth used by accounts with more than one wizard. Every time you change an area, realm, etc. It's also the reason why we are limited to 100 Friends instead of the Unlimited it launched as. ( https://www.wizard101.com/game/community/updatenotes/october2008 ) . Also 5 mb * 10,000,000+ = 50,000,000+ mb = ~50+ Terra Bytes. They also have to have back ups for Test Realms and Wizard Restorations. And how do you know your Account only takes up 5 MB of server space when you have 6 Wizards with 18 Houses? The reason why GARDENING + HOUSING Count = Max Housing Count is ALSO for bandwidth concerns.

Defender
Aug 13, 2010
182
Kind of a shame, but it's survivable, really.

Out of Seven types of Wizard, I'm sure you can exclude just one. For me it will be one of the Elementals, probably Fire or Storm, since they are similar enough in my mind.

Mastermind
Feb 25, 2010
300
I have four wizards and only one Legendary. She's my favorite. So much so that the only reason I don't delete the others is because of the houses that I like so much. Sad, huh?

Survivor
May 31, 2010
26
I agree with a lot of the posts in this thread regarding the need to add a seat to the classroom for all seven wizards. It is sad to me that I will not be able to make a fire wizard along with my other wizards. I do not want to open another account for only one wizard.

Please KI add another seat to my classroom. Thank you in advance for considering my plea. :)

Mastermind
Feb 25, 2010
300
And I just thought of something. There are what, 10 million of us playing? And let's say each of them has six wizards. That's 60 million wizards. Let's say each of them has three houses for each wizard. That's 180 million houses plus dorms, so that's 240 million homes of various types to keep track of. There's no telling how many items each house can have; each one is different. And don't forget the stuff in our packs, banks, shared banks, and attics. No wonder they put the limits on the players. That's a whole lot of stuff to keep track of.

Defender
Aug 08, 2010
134
If this involved an extra cost, than they could limit the extra slot to paying members only. It could be a perk to encourage people to subscribe/purchase areas with crowns.

It really makes more sense to me anyway that free players be limited to only one or two wizards anyway. That would cut down on the amount of resources currently being used.

Survivor
Apr 24, 2010
2
I agree. I would love to have 7 wizards. I mean if it were 4 wizards per account and if you got another account you could fill 3 of the 4 slots (however I am glad its not 4 haha), that would be one thing.. it would make it worth the extra cost... but to open a new account for one wizard... that's a little much for me.

I am at a crossroads right now, as I have all but my death wizard and my myth wizard... I cannot decide which I would like to make.. there are just pros and cons to both and I just haven't gotten anywhere with it, because I DON'T KNOW WHICH TO CHOSE! lol.

I would even be willing to pay a dollar or two more for my subscription monthly, if I could just have this extra slot to complete all schools! Even if you charged an extra couple dollars to people who decide to chose this option or charge crowns to buy your seventh wizard maybe? It wouldn't have to be for every person with a subscription.. I just wish it was an option!

Each one is a different experience and I feel like I am missing out either choice I make. PLEASE consider giving us an extra slot!

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
716
oceanman123 wrote:
True, I am a Grandmaster Thaumaturge and i have a death, myth,balance,life,and a storm. I really don't think that we should even be allowed to have six wizards. Whats the fun of doing the same quests over and over again. Ya, I do have six wizards but I probobly was bored and just made them. Yes, two wizards would be okay, but the same quests six times! Really, who wants to do that! The fun is to make your own wizard and do the quests and not get used to them. Like defeating 10 ice weavers that would be fun at first but then if you do it six times, it will seem boring.Ya some of you must enjoy having six Grandmasters, but alot of us don't its too weird and hard. :? So, I think W101 should not let you have seven wizards. That's my point! :P P.S. Also, having a subscription gets you to all the areas and it is only $9.95 for a MONTH. That's good. And you couldn't get to grand with just fighting in unicorn way. If you did by the time your grand three new worlds will probobly be out! And if you don't have a subsciption you can't even go to Triton Avenue! Fact :P

Nathan Bluesinger Grandmaster Thaumaturge Level 52
Dustin Nightblade Adept Necromancer Level 22
David Thunderblade Novice Diviner Level 5
Taylor Trollcaster Novice Conjurer Level 7
Jessica BalanceCaster Novice Sorcerer Level 1
Wolf Lifeblade Novice Thurgeist Level 7


This brings back an issue I have in this game that I had since the very beginning. I posted it in the commons and probably in the dormitory years ago.

Why are the quests the only way to level and progress in the game? The reason so many people hate being pulled into random encounters is because random encounters are not worth squat.

We fight random encounters on purpose if there is an item we seek.

KingIsle, make random encounters and fights worth a lot more EXP. Make the encounters and fights worth more than a waste of time. Am I the only one that really hates doing nothing but quests?

Survivor
Mar 03, 2009
1
I know that I am definitely bringing up an old topic; and that i am not even an owner of a veteran account.. but i have leveled up my Storm obsession to level 52. I am already thinking of a family of legendary wizards; but if i don't have the option to sample what every school has to offer- it just doesn't seem as fun. I would definitely be agreeable to purchase a permanent seat for another wizard for some crowns. I don't think that I have ever went to the character screens and all six wizards be sitting down (i started making a new wizard for each school to be able to go ahead and name them when i found this conundrum) Anyhow.. One of them is always standing up. Why not give us the option to have another one and have both rows full?

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
564
I see why people think that it's cause KingsIsle wants to make more money, but I don't think that's why. I think it's because so on the selection there could be an even amount of wizards on both sides of the classroom. I hope this helps.

Mastermind
Jul 04, 2010
303
Rihanna12 wrote:
I see why people think that it's cause KingsIsle wants to make more money, but I don't think that's why. I think it's because so on the selection there could be an even amount of wizards on both sides of the classroom. I hope this helps.


All they would have to do is always have one wizard standing up like there is now :)

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
1708
The amount of money they will make with a second account isn't all that great:

1 account monthly: $9.95
2 accounts, monthly, family: 2 x 6.95 = 13.90

or for only $3.95/mo you can have 12 wizards, one for each school plus five extra.

As minimum wage is $8, that is just 30 mins of work a month at the lowest pay rate. (note, you can also recommend yourself..so you also get the crowns bounty).

Note: One account is $1.66 per character per month.
. . . . . Two accounts is $1.16 per character per month.
. . . . . . Yearly account ($60 with special) is $0.83 per character per month. So with two yearly you are paying the same as one monthly account.

Survivor
Aug 24, 2010
20
If this involved an extra cost, than they could limit the extra slot to paying members only. It could be a perk to encourage people to subscribe/purchase areas with crowns.

It really makes more sense to me anyway that free players be limited to only one or two wizards anyway. That would cut down on the amount of resources currently being used.


One, Not all people are available to pay an extra cost of crowns or anything for an extra seat for a seventh wizard, I am one who would love to have a seventh wizard, But i can't afford crowns at all. So that would leave me and probably plenty others who would love a seventh wizard out of that choice.

Two, it shouldn't be limited to crown buying people, or subscribers. I think even the free players should be able to get a seventh player also. I am a subscriber but i don't buy my subscription online. I buy it with gift cards, I can only afford one $20 gift card every two months cause i have children to take care of and bills to be paid. So limiting to people who buy with crowns or even buy their subs online is unfair to the others who can't do that. KI is already trying to make this game as fair as possible. Just give them a break. You never know, Maybe in the future they will add a seventh player. And I hope if they do that they will make it available to ALL Players not just some. We all want that xp to have seven wizards. It shouldn't be limited to just some.

Squire
Apr 30, 2010
522
I actually have nine wizards. Six on one account and three on another. The only school I didn't have was ice and now I have it. My ice is on my free account and I can't get out of KT but it's ok.

1