Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Seriously KI, Just Revamp the Entire 2nd arch

2
AuthorMessage
Defender
Jan 25, 2009
173
SoupWizard64 on Aug 1, 2013 wrote:
Whining does t help, especially if its only like 6 people. There are over a million players out there who are having downright fun with it all, and if you hate the 2nd arc so much, why play it? As I said, whining doesn't help.
There are many, many people who dislike the 2nd arc beyond the forums, and half of them quit before even being able to share their own stories on the forums if they wanted to. Yes, maybe still there's a bigger majority that still like 2nd arc compared to those who don't, but the fact that there's quite a lot of dislike in the first place, says something. KI needs to make an adjustment that'll make ALL of their players happy. Take the word "all" with a grain of salt because you can never truly please everyone in a game, let alone the world itself, but KI can at least make an effort to please the people who joined this game because it was a fresh, non frustrating experience with immersive storyline and lots of promises.

Defender
Jan 21, 2011
194
I agree that the second Arch was a complete failure and is collapsing the entire Wizard community. You go back and forth, back and forth, going from one place to the other, only having to go back to the last place and say "Oh come on!" And all of this reckless nonsense the story spits out at you ends up leaving your brain in a huddled mess. Celestia was simply hard to keep up with the story-line, and ended up being frustrating with the constant deaths by stunning and criticals. Zafaria was a pain because of it's constant going from one place, back to the same place to talk to the person that sent you there, only having to say something like "Oh, I forgot, you also need this, which over there, in that dungeon with bosses with 7,000 health vs. you with you're 850 Damage spells that take 8 pips!" Then there's Avalon, probably one of the best worlds of the second arc. It's story-line seemed to be easily followed (I forgot it while being wrapped up in Azteca) until about half way when you face weird bosses. Then there's Jabberwock, the four-round-4,000-damage-meteor-breathing-dragon. Which is not only impossible to beat without help, but also has a minion (yay!). Then there's Azteca (Oh beans..) with it's constant annoyance. The minions are harder than most Avalon bosses and it's bosses are impossible to defeat without the level 88 spell. Ever since the start of Azteca, I've needed help with nearly every boss. It's the same with Zafaria, you go to one place, only to come back and realize you have to go back again. Not only that, but it's story-line is horrible. Trying to come up with an answer for what it's story-line is takes, is so long that you might as well start back at the beginning of it and write down everything they say. So in other words, the second arc is annoying, difficult, time-consuming, costly, and should be totally redone.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
2422
SoupWizard64 on Aug 1, 2013 wrote:
Whining does t help, especially if its only like 6 people. There are over a million players out there who are having downright fun with it all, and if you hate the 2nd arc so much, why play it? As I said, whining doesn't help.
Ever hear of Feedback? If you think it is only like 6 people, then you might want to look at other fansites as well.

I have been through the second arc up to Floating Mountains on one wizard and the second is in Avalon with a 3 more in CL/WT.

The second arc is no where near full of wizards in any realm. I have done a lot of solo through the second arc and from the time my first wizard entered CL, the population in the second arc has gone downhill. The only time any of the worlds of the second arc were busy is right after they are first released. Within a couple of months after release, most of those worlds became virtual ghost worlds.

There are posts all the time of players needing help with instances or dungeons in those worlds. Some have even tried switching realms to find others needing the same quests completed but not having any luck finding others in the game so they go to the message boards and post hoping enough players are willing to go through with them.

The second arc is extremely tedious with all the back and forth Defeat and collects. It is worse in the second arc because we can't stack those mobs like we did in the first arc. Another thing that added to the tediousness is not being able to pick up side quests as we go but instead we have to wait for an NPC to send us to another NPC to pick up those side quests which also amount to more back and forth to the same mobs we have already been fighting.

There are numerous things that can be tweaked in the second arc to make it more enjoyable. The second arc is no where near as much fun as the first. Some of us with multiple wizards and accounts have pushed one wizard through, but don't have the incentive to push more through and especially through Azteca. MB used to be the one world I disliked the most, but Azteca quickly took top in my books. I will finish with my main life and maybe my Pyro on second account, but at this point not pushing any others past Avalon if even that far.

Certainly not looking forward to the last world in this arc. Even some sideworlds in the second arc would have been helpful to break up the tediousness, Or even a side world off Mooshu would have been nice.

Defender
Jan 25, 2009
173
TheAwesomeMyth on Aug 6, 2013 wrote:
I agree that the second Arch was a complete failure and is collapsing the entire Wizard community. You go back and forth, back and forth, going from one place to the other, only having to go back to the last place and say "Oh come on!" And all of this reckless nonsense the story spits out at you ends up leaving your brain in a huddled mess. Celestia was simply hard to keep up with the story-line, and ended up being frustrating with the constant deaths by stunning and criticals. Zafaria was a pain because of it's constant going from one place, back to the same place to talk to the person that sent you there, only having to say something like "Oh, I forgot, you also need this, which over there, in that dungeon with bosses with 7,000 health vs. you with you're 850 Damage spells that take 8 pips!" Then there's Avalon, probably one of the best worlds of the second arc. It's story-line seemed to be easily followed (I forgot it while being wrapped up in Azteca) until about half way when you face weird bosses. Then there's Jabberwock, the four-round-4,000-damage-meteor-breathing-dragon. Which is not only impossible to beat without help, but also has a minion (yay!). Then there's Azteca (Oh beans..) with it's constant annoyance. The minions are harder than most Avalon bosses and it's bosses are impossible to defeat without the level 88 spell. Ever since the start of Azteca, I've needed help with nearly every boss. It's the same with Zafaria, you go to one place, only to come back and realize you have to go back again. Not only that, but it's story-line is horrible. Trying to come up with an answer for what it's story-line is takes, is so long that you might as well start back at the beginning of it and write down everything they say. So in other words, the second arc is annoying, difficult, time-consuming, costly, and should be totally redone.
Very, VERY well said!!! You've said everything I feel about the second arc.

Survivor
Mar 04, 2012
30
Please don't change anything Kingsisle! Azteca wasn't hard at all for me. I've talked with some of my friends and we've enjoyed the Morganthe Arc the same, if not more, than the Malistaire Arc. Nobody is forcing you to play this game so if you don't like it, don't play it.

Luke Skywalker

Survivor
Oct 31, 2008
26
Long story made short.

Loved the first arc. It was very engaging, fun to follow, fun to play. Easy to remember and cherish.
That was fun! Got 6 wizards to max, now what? second account start over...

Second arc. Who? What? Why? Woah, trying to figure it out, storyline hard to follow as I struggle through mobs and bosses that are suddenly frustratingly difficult. By the time I get through the arduous battle I have forgotten why I was there in the first place. Struggle onward, it cant get worse can it?

Insert Azteca.....
OMG its worse.

Cancel second account.

Play one Wizard instead of 7, and even then dread new content because its too hard to maintain interest in a storyline that's less than engaging.

KI sold a product to us... sold it to us through example, and we loved it, loved the formula.
Then, like "new coke" (boy did that fail) they give us this "new formula" a second arc that leaves a lot to be desired. Just wish there was another game like KI's used to be for me to throw my money at now.

Happy Wizarding.

Defender
Jan 21, 2011
194
I made a few errors, I meant it's the same as Zafaria at that roaming around part and I also said "it takes, is", I meant to take out the last is and the comma, sorry just fixing my grammar mishaps

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
403
KorekuEternal on Jul 13, 2013 wrote:
Hey, KI? Yeah, I think it's time to fix your game.

Ice's immunity, time draining mobs/bosses,the equipment, the confusing and dull storyline... (am I missing something?)

What is a revamp? A revamp is a complete overhaul/reconstruction/enhancing of something. That being said, I feel that KI should take some extra time to completely revamp the mobs, equipment stats, THE STORYLINE, etc. a new UI would be fine touch as well. The entire 2nd arch is just so sloppy, I think if KI went along with this, we won't continue to lose our players!
Sadly, when I look back at everything I have to say that I was more interested in the first arc, I was somewhat excited about the story in Avalon and Zafaria, but Azteca... I find myself knowing what is going to happen. "We need one of these things to fix the doohickey, you go defeat and collect this, you go defeat and collect that.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
2634
Magus Zeppers on Aug 7, 2013 wrote:
Long story made short.

Loved the first arc. It was very engaging, fun to follow, fun to play. Easy to remember and cherish.
That was fun! Got 6 wizards to max, now what? second account start over...

Second arc. Who? What? Why? Woah, trying to figure it out, storyline hard to follow as I struggle through mobs and bosses that are suddenly frustratingly difficult. By the time I get through the arduous battle I have forgotten why I was there in the first place. Struggle onward, it cant get worse can it?

Insert Azteca.....
OMG its worse.

Cancel second account.

Play one Wizard instead of 7, and even then dread new content because its too hard to maintain interest in a storyline that's less than engaging.

KI sold a product to us... sold it to us through example, and we loved it, loved the formula.
Then, like "new coke" (boy did that fail) they give us this "new formula" a second arc that leaves a lot to be desired. Just wish there was another game like KI's used to be for me to throw my money at now.

Happy Wizarding.
You sum it all up pretty well. I like your post.

Mary StarGem

2