Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Seriously KI, Just Revamp the Entire 2nd arch

1
AuthorMessage
Defender
Jan 25, 2009
173
Hey, KI? Yeah, I think it's time to fix your game.

Ice's immunity, time draining mobs/bosses,the equipment, the confusing and dull storyline... (am I missing something?)

What is a revamp? A revamp is a complete overhaul/reconstruction/enhancing of something. That being said, I feel that KI should take some extra time to completely revamp the mobs, equipment stats, THE STORYLINE, etc. a new UI would be fine touch as well. The entire 2nd arch is just so sloppy, I think if KI went along with this, we won't continue to lose our players!

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
4952
KorekuEternal on Jul 13, 2013 wrote:
Hey, KI? Yeah, I think it's time to fix your game.

Ice's immunity, time draining mobs/bosses,the equipment, the confusing and dull storyline... (am I missing something?)

What is a revamp? A revamp is a complete overhaul/reconstruction/enhancing of something. That being said, I feel that KI should take some extra time to completely revamp the mobs, equipment stats, THE STORYLINE, etc. a new UI would be fine touch as well. The entire 2nd arch is just so sloppy, I think if KI went along with this, we won't continue to lose our players!
Aside from the whine about Ice, I agree that the entire 2nd arc is a mess. I don't see them doing anything though...and am not sure how it would be done with tons of users already through it to date. I wish there was a way to just skip it altogether. It's not fun, it's boring and frustrating and I just don't have any interest in continuing past Dragonspyre. sad, because I love this game.

Defender
Sep 10, 2011
191
Seriously one of the most ridiculous post I have ever seen, did you even think of the magnitude of cost it entails if they grant your wish? You can also ask KI to close up shop and pack their bags and go home while you are at it. Because you don't like it doesn't mean everyone else does.

Historian
May 06, 2009
633
KorekuEternal on Jul 13, 2013 wrote:
Hey, KI? Yeah, I think it's time to fix your game.

Ice's immunity, time draining mobs/bosses,the equipment, the confusing and dull storyline... (am I missing something?)

What is a revamp? A revamp is a complete overhaul/reconstruction/enhancing of something. That being said, I feel that KI should take some extra time to completely revamp the mobs, equipment stats, THE STORYLINE, etc. a new UI would be fine touch as well. The entire 2nd arch is just so sloppy, I think if KI went along with this, we won't continue to lose our players!
There is a story to be told in the story line. For this one though (actually like any really), you have to want to know what happens in the story and follow along. I've followed the story pretty clearing through out this arc and it all makes sense to me (I'm debating whether or not to post cliff-notes on the second arc worlds. If anyone can give me some feed back as to whether I should, please give me a reply)

As for everything else, I can agree with you on. I never really minded the long battles as they weren't boring or frustrating for me. But a few fixs and revamps on gear and the Ice schools to power would be lovely. (But don't trash any of the worlds!)

However, (and I hate to think buisness wise, but I must) if Kingsisle does do this revamp, that's a complete lose of time and money spent on this arc. All the quests would need to be redone, gear (of course they did do a gear revamp one time) would need to be changed, recipes reworked. That's a lot! Not only that, but there's no guarantee they'll see they're money back by doing a revamp on the 2nd Arc (it's not even finished yet)...

I'm not against some things being reworked, but I'd rather prefer they do one last world, and then a major revamp or rework the 2nd Arc piece by piece, NOT in one full sweep (that's much).

As for as story line goes, what would be the point of redoing it, if I'm level 90 and can't see all those quests in Celestia, Zafaria, Avalon, and half of Azteca again? Or I get demoted 40 levels to start the Arc all over again?

Again, I think a piece by piece fix on the second arc is more ethical then a full 2nd Arc sweep fix.

Defender
Jul 09, 2011
113
Oh I agree 100% at the idea of this 2nd arc revamp (or at the very least, redo Celestia, Zafaria and Azteca.) If KingsIsle took the time to:

Revamp most (or all) of the Morganthe storyline

Balance out equipment and add another, higher leveled equivalent of the Waterworks (with better equipment to earn)

Stop the repletion with the defeat-and-collect quests (add in some puzzles or something to mix it up a bit)

Limit cheating bosses,meaning, don't add cheating bosses to every other boss fight (I'm looking at you Azteca)

And stopped with the random storyline quests that don't follow the storyline at all (like asking Queen Aryanah to release Lail in Stone Town, and then she goes off about the noise in the street)

then, as the original poster said, KingsIsle would most likely have a larger amount of happier players, would stop losing players, and probably have higher profits.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
2422
KorekuEternal on Jul 13, 2013 wrote:
Hey, KI? Yeah, I think it's time to fix your game.

Ice's immunity, time draining mobs/bosses,the equipment, the confusing and dull storyline... (am I missing something?)

What is a revamp? A revamp is a complete overhaul/reconstruction/enhancing of something. That being said, I feel that KI should take some extra time to completely revamp the mobs, equipment stats, THE STORYLINE, etc. a new UI would be fine touch as well. The entire 2nd arch is just so sloppy, I think if KI went along with this, we won't continue to lose our players!
Revamping the entire second arc really isn't all that necessary. KI has already done some tweaking in CL and Zf, and what those are, I really could not say at the moment but I do have on wizard in CL, (currently not running) that when I have the time, I will look to see what was done. This same wizard will also be taking a look at Zf in due time. But I will agree that from Zf forward, there does need to be some major GEAR and PIP changes. Instead of our wizards continuing to grow in wisdom and strenght, they are being severely dummied.

The storyline has, unfortunately fallen apart from Zf forward, with the worst breakdown of it happening in Az. The biggest reason this has happened is the fact that since Zf, we have not been able to do side quests on our own as we go. Those are now set to be picked up after being sent to the NPC that gives them whether they are part of the main storyline NPCs or not. I have found just this last week 2 side quests in Tierra de Brea, that I could pick up with out another NPC sending me there. LOL Why on earth is Miss Wilder in Tierra de Brea?

Anyway, back to the topic. ZF is so compact and tight once you start moving into the Drum Jungle, that it is almost as bad as running in Marleybone. The mobs at this point really start increasing in HP. Compared to the mobs in CL some in ZF seem to more than double their HP. Also, incase you had not noticed, mob and boss pip increases had already started. Not major and could be overcome.

Avalon mobs although with the fairly same HP, seem to be a little easier to battle. Again, pips have increased with mob/bosses. More challenge, not impossible to do.

Azteca mobs have gone through the roof. Hp wise wasn't a major jump at all from Av, BUT, now these mobs have at least double or more our pips and more resist and block is playing into the game from the mobs and, our wizards have gained nothing in wisdom or power now over the last 3 worlds. In fact, our wizards are being NERFED by now and severely.

Cheating Bosses from CL forward, CL not enough to present a serious problem, Zf the same, Av added more Cheating bosses and unless you know all their cheats before hand, attempting to solo would not be advisable. But still for the most part some Bosses in Av can be soloed. The spell quests in Av were still very doable. You just want to be sure you checked the guides first.

Now we come to Az, Over, Under, Sideways, this world has tipped itself upside down and backwards. Everything from gear, drops, quests, mobs, and bosses has fell of the proverbial cliff. Mobs/bosses way overpowered compared to our wizards. More Cheating bosses than you can shake a stick at or stir with a log. Crafting is out of bounds for many. Spell quests are insane, side quests are now put in a way you don't dare refuse it. Enough said I think for this post.

Explorer
Jun 20, 2013
60
I find the game storyline fine, but as far as pvp, jade gear,Ice being op, and complaining and stuff go, thats kinda annoying and they need to fix that :/

Defender
Feb 27, 2009
137
Do you guys really think they have the time and money to do it? It would take years to do and we want the last world! If you guys don't want that world and ruin Wiz, that's fine with me! You guys don't care if you lose Wizard101 because of a revamp. Just deal with it. Gear could be fixed and bosses but no way the storyline will be changed. But Side Quests don't even need to be there but it's for fun so if you don't like them; don't do them!

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
923
The storyline is boring.

Each separate world should have its own unique thing going, that you help out with - an overarching plot tightly binding everything into "shadow this" and "webs that" is lame.

At the end of the day you have:

First arc - an aggrieved master of death magic goes off the deep end when his wife dies suddenly and unexpectedly. He becomes the single biggest threat to the universe since entropy. You chase him down across many scattered worlds until you corner him in the lap of the titan he has enslaved himself to.

Second arc - Random mentally unstable disgraced former student somehow replaces several worlds' leadership with giant ugly-as-sin bug things. She's mostly bent out of shape about being kicked out of Ravenwood, so most of her efforts should logically be directed against Ambrose, but they aren't. There's such a thin plot connection between Xibalba and Ambrose that you really are left scratching your head and wondering why you bothered mashing your wizard through that gauntlet. Oh, and gratuitous Zombie Malistaire Immune to All Magic makes a final appearance.

Take away the Morganthe mess overlying all the second arc worlds and they have almost ZERO plot themes of their own.

--CL is torn by civil war. The fish don't like the crabs, and they don't like the moonmen, and nobody likes the Marleybonians. Reconcile and restore. But wait, that all had to be stirred up by SHADOW WEBS.

--ZF had a great subplot in the making - Belloq the arms dealer, shifting around in the background, making deals and stirring up trouble. Why? Because he's an ARMS DEALER. He profits when zebras and lions and apes and heffalumps are all killing each other. Peace? Schmeace. You calm things down and chase him off.

--AV is almost a standalone experience. It's here you learn the canon values of knighthood, through battle and through good deeds. But no, the once and future king is messed up not by hubris, but by GIANT BUGS.

to be continued -

Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
323
To be honest I have forgotten what the storyline is at this point. I am in AZ, and now just lumber along from quest to quest.
When I pick up a quest, I have a slight idea on what is going on. Hours later when the defeat and collect is finished (which as an adult, I have to do over multiple days) I just know it is done and I can move on to the next one. And then when I have to revisit the same mobs for yet another defeat and collect I just sigh.

True story: My wife is in AZ with me, but a few quests behind. I was helping her catch up, and we got to this storm boss. I was confused as to why she had to fight it, and even went to central wiki to see how she got off of the main storyline and onto a side quest. It turns out that she was on the storyline quest, and was only 2 quests behind me. I had no memory of even fighting this boss, and it was not long ago that I must have fought it.

To me, the memories of each world are getting fewer and fewer as the worlds move along. My memory of Avalon was Jabberwok, ZF mirror lake, CL not much really.
But the first arc I can think of numerous parts of each world.
I think for me, it is because I get mentally ground down and end up just plowing ahead and hope that in the next world that I can get some gear recipe, pet update, etc that allows me to look forward to things. As it is I spend most of my time moving through my deck, wondering if I discarded the second Reshuffle and trying to find a blade/hit spell among all my enchantments and worthless cards from my crafted gear.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
923
And just in case you thought it was safe to take a sip of your morning coffee and thank Providence my rant was over...sorry.

AZ is the most gratuitously messed up part of the second arc. It has a GREAT pre-existing archvillain with a strong motive right at the beginning - disgruntled Acampi Reedfist - and another strong potential tormenting you with wild goose chases in Saltmeadow Swamp. How about using your wizard talents to help Ponce and Axaya coexist rather than being at odds? Or helping Axaya win his predecessor's trust and thereby setting the angry ghost at peace?

There's also lots of mileage in "Triple Alliance falling apart: birds, ceratopsians, and raptors are on the outs". You could even throw in the comet as the reason why you, the young wizard from outside, must unite the Alliance and get them to help you divert it.

But no, none of these things is an option. They are all dwarfed by the "giant bugs from space and zombie Malistaire" gimmick.

It's boring, repetitive, unnecessary, and frankly patronising.

Are we to believe that cultures modeled after Imperial Rome, Polynesians, East Africa, late Roman Britain and Ireland, and the Mesoamerican kingdoms are totally incapable of creating (or solving) world problems? No, they are depicted as petty savages, mere wallpaper, and the real plotline is all about YOU and Ravenwood vs. the EVIL BUGS and zombie Mally and Her Arachnidness.

Taking deus ex machina and making it the entire plotline over four worlds = meh.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
2422
crunkatog on Jul 15, 2013 wrote:
And just in case you thought it was safe to take a sip of your morning coffee and thank Providence my rant was over...sorry.

AZ is the most gratuitously messed up part of the second arc. It has a GREAT pre-existing archvillain with a strong motive right at the beginning - disgruntled Acampi Reedfist - and another strong potential tormenting you with wild goose chases in Saltmeadow Swamp. How about using your wizard talents to help Ponce and Axaya coexist rather than being at odds? Or helping Axaya win his predecessor's trust and thereby setting the angry ghost at peace?

There's also lots of mileage in "Triple Alliance falling apart: birds, ceratopsians, and raptors are on the outs". You could even throw in the comet as the reason why you, the young wizard from outside, must unite the Alliance and get them to help you divert it.

But no, none of these things is an option. They are all dwarfed by the "giant bugs from space and zombie Malistaire" gimmick.

It's boring, repetitive, unnecessary, and frankly patronising.

Are we to believe that cultures modeled after Imperial Rome, Polynesians, East Africa, late Roman Britain and Ireland, and the Mesoamerican kingdoms are totally incapable of creating (or solving) world problems? No, they are depicted as petty savages, mere wallpaper, and the real plotline is all about YOU and Ravenwood vs. the EVIL BUGS and zombie Mally and Her Arachnidness.

Taking deus ex machina and making it the entire plotline over four worlds = meh.
LOL Crunkatog. that is on the money. I have never seen anyone put the second arc in that light. You have nailed it.

The storyline is boring and broken beyond repair at this point.

Maybe I need to go take a look at the guide for Az quests. I do have a copy of it on my computer, but in the process of trying to get through Az, it seems there are as many side quests as there are main story quests. Unfortunately, the only way to fix this in Az especially would be a re-vamp and really not possible. There are some tweaks though that could be done and at least half way salvage this world.

I can live with Cl, for the most part. ZF was tedious beyond boredom.

AV, I rather enjoyed but there was just a bit too much back and forth.

Now. Az, has been out for 8 months, and I just can't make myself run there every day to try and finish it. I have already taken one 3 month break from Az, and only run a couple of hours here and there.

I am currently at Cipactli, but another cheating boss just is not that much fun. Az is loaded with them and it is battle after battle. There is litereally no fun left and the magic was gone a long time ago. The last really fun and magical was WinterTusk.

Defender
Jun 22, 2011
108
Just finish the last world, KI, then redo Azteca. Completely.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
923
Just in case KI continues to use the "family themes directed at an audience that includes ages 8-14" let's be honest here.

When I was 8, I was a voracious reader. Books like the Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys series showed episode after episode where the amateur sleuths would be called on to help with other people's unsolved problems. Each setting, each proponent was fairly original and in full agency of his or her actions, as far as could be expected from a children's mystery novel series.

Encyclopedia Brown - same thing. It wasn't just one person behind MOST or ALL the trouble. Each new client brought his own worldview and his own microcosm of friends, enemies, witnesses, and adventures.

Sometimes a particularly crafty villain would be featured in two or more episodes, because if you work a detective desk in a small town you will occasionally have to deal with a bad actor again in the future.

Even the crew of the USS Enterprise found themselves dealing not with a single super-adversary, but with new worlds and new problems unique to each, and unconnected with either the Klingons or the Borg. And it was written and launched during perhaps the bitterest part of the Cold War, when the mindset of the times was definitely on a single super-adversary.

I could understand these when I was 8. I think today's kids can understand it too. Which is why it's a sore spot in an otherwise high-adventure game with new worlds to explore.

I also agree there are TOO MANY minibosses. They tend to blur together. I have accidentally fought the same boss over again on some occasions, just because they are all pretty much "yet another [insert school here] boss." The only thing that makes them relevant is "you have to fight this guy to get X and this other guy to get Y, and then mix the X and the Y together to get Z which you bring back to an NPC."

Contrast that with Big Ben or Katz's Lab - one password holder, then The Boss and a secret stovepipe.

Historian
May 06, 2009
633
Redo Azteca's story? Really? Even from level 90's who have finished Azteca and won't be able to go back through it immediately?

I really don't want KI do to anything on the story. The major point of Azteca is to stop Morganthe from finding the nine Lords of Night, spirits who know the Song of Creation, in each of the four pyramids and reach Xibalba to complete her ritual. You're faced with a collapsing alliance between the Aztecosaurs, Avians, and Jaguars on the edge of mass destruction in your way of stopping Morganthe, who again is meddling with each of the kingdoms in some way. In the end, her ploys with Azteca lead it to it's own demise.

The pattern of Azteca's plot line is "in order to do this you must to that." I keep that in mind as well as what is the world goal and overall goal of a quest line which makes Azteca's story for me really simple. Like to fight Cipactli you have to do a war challenge, or to aid Axaya you need to get the Badge of Leadership then clense it. Many areas in Azteca are really only there to get to place of more importance. For example, the only point of the Cenote is to reach the pyramid in Three Winds, Mangrove Marsh is to Saltmeadow Swamp, Tierra de Brea is to get to Pitch Black Lake.

Unfortunately, with the hieght of difficulty in Azteca (low collect rates, many powerful bosses & mobs, sub standard gear etc.), and the mix of cramping so much into Azteca, I can see why so many got lost right after talking to Pacal. However, I can't accept tediousness as an excuse for this as I got through that and still understood the story pretty well.

I get that most really just hate Azteca (many aren't fond of MB), but because you don't understand it and some can, to me, isn't a strong enough reason for KI to spend possible twice as much on Azteca to redo so many. I think lowering the difficulty, increasing rewards, and changing just a few quests to make it more straight forward would help Azteca.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
923
I agree with you that level difficulty and convolution shouldn't be used as the only yardstick by which a storyline is judged.

MS was hard, MB was hard, but the storylines were pretty discrete and understandable. Even with the horrible sidewalks, MB had a decent storyline.

What people are probably complaining about here is "deus ex machina" that is heavily laid on, starting with CL and ending with AZ.

With Mally it was understood a little better, because right from the start KI took great pains to develop his character both directly and indirectly. He's an archvillain whose motives, however tormented, are relevant and sympathetic.

His workings and machinations make sense - gathering knowledge about life and death, compelling powerful entities and masters of life and death to aid him, and finally destroying everything in his path on one last desperate gambit.

Morganthe is a nobody, a nonperson out of nowhere (technically out of ZF) who just shows up in EVERY world in the second arc and gratuitously sets people against each other.

Okay, we can sort of follow that she wants something in ZF that's at the bottom of Mirror Lake. So let Inyanga Whitening Strips warn you about it - there's something in the water - but don't let it fill up the entire storyline.

She has zero, absolutely nothing, nada, to do with Avalon. Av is capable of standing on its own two feet with themes of loyalty, treachery, courage, mercy, persistence, and determination.

Get her out of AV and let Ghost AV be run primarily by Ganelon the betrayer. It's easier to build character for someone inside AV with an active and understandable grudge against Artorius than some random persona non grata from a magic academy on another plane.

AZ seems tacked-on. Let's set aside questions of difficulty and convoluted-ness and focus on character development. Again Morganthe is just a cardboard character, a comic book black magic woman, a brat. Nobody really cares!

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
860
I agree. The Malistare arc made you want to continue till DragonSpyre, but the Morganthe arc is boring and doesn't interest me. The words are long, boring and hard and the storyline is very dull. So I agree with this 100%.

Historian
May 06, 2009
633
crunkatog on Jul 17, 2013 wrote:
I agree with you that level difficulty and convolution shouldn't be used as the only yardstick by which a storyline is judged.

MS was hard, MB was hard, but the storylines were pretty discrete and understandable. Even with the horrible sidewalks, MB had a decent storyline.

What people are probably complaining about here is "deus ex machina" that is heavily laid on, starting with CL and ending with AZ.

With Mally it was understood a little better, because right from the start KI took great pains to develop his character both directly and indirectly. He's an archvillain whose motives, however tormented, are relevant and sympathetic.

His workings and machinations make sense - gathering knowledge about life and death, compelling powerful entities and masters of life and death to aid him, and finally destroying everything in his path on one last desperate gambit.

Morganthe is a nobody, a nonperson out of nowhere (technically out of ZF) who just shows up in EVERY world in the second arc and gratuitously sets people against each other.

Okay, we can sort of follow that she wants something in ZF that's at the bottom of Mirror Lake. So let Inyanga Whitening Strips warn you about it - there's something in the water - but don't let it fill up the entire storyline.

She has zero, absolutely nothing, nada, to do with Avalon. Av is capable of standing on its own two feet with themes of loyalty, treachery, courage, mercy, persistence, and determination.

Get her out of AV and let Ghost AV be run primarily by Ganelon the betrayer. It's easier to build character for someone inside AV with an active and understandable grudge against Artorius than some random persona non grata from a magic academy on another plane.

AZ seems tacked-on. Let's set aside questions of difficulty and convoluted-ness and focus on character development. Again Morganthe is just a cardboard character, a comic book black magic woman, a brat. Nobody really cares!
OK! OK! I get it! You don't like Morganthe! Stop attacking her! Geez...

I'm sorry, that you don't care and the whole community could really care less, but I'm tired of all this hate and attacking of her. There's no need to put all this and that into your point. So please, JUST STOP.

From what you've told me, you don't understand much about her. Yeah, she's not the most built and glamorous character compared to Malistaire, but there is backstory to her, that I feel you missed.

Celestia is where Morganthe slept for Centuries as the Storm Titan sank it. Celestia was meant to show her reawakening through all her Shadow Web minions while you learn Celestia's secrets and help the Spiral Geographic Society rebuild themselves (which has gotten into some trouble with the Crustaecean Empire)

First off, to set the record straight. Morganthe is from Avalon. No where in the story, did it say her birth place was Zafaria (Zafaria was her old kingdom to house her Shadow Web Empire). Zafaria is where Morganthe's powers where sealed away in Mirror Lake by Merle Ambrose and the Council of Light. It was her only goal. Each kingdom held a gold weapon, a key to opening these powers. But they had their hands tied with a war going on and we had to find some loose sheep...I mean Wizards.

Morganthe had everything to do with Avalon. Avalon = Gloria Krendall. Remeber Gloria from Wizard City? Right outside the Bazaar? Her quest line lead into some backstory behind Malistaire as you try to recieve her Sratchbook back. Avalon does just that. The only purpose Avalon holds is to learn about backstory of Merle Ambrose and Morganthe and why things ended up so strained between them (her family and brother (Sir Malory) caused the collasping of King Artorius's reign). Morganthe put the icing on the cake by turning King Artorius into the Pendragon which then lead to the froudlings taking over a Silver City. So yeah, she indirectly caused every problem in AV. To take her out, would just make her more of a "cardboard box" (but maybe you want that)

She was also a student of Merle before he started Ravenwood (she was probably Ravenwood's first student). There was some play with her in the Crystal Caverns around the gardens. Remember the statues? And one was of her? Yeah, it helped us gain more insight on her background (the only major point of Avalon).

Azteca is Krokotopia and Dragonspyre. It's where the plans kick off. Morganthe makes a muck of the 3 tribes there only to the 1 thing she needs. The nine Lords of Night who know the Song of Creation. She needs the Song of Creation to rewrite the Spiral (and to kick it off, why not blow up the world while your at it?)

There is something to be had out of the story, but the community's disinterest is really annoying me. You may not like Morganthe, but it's no reason to get rid of her. Hopefully, everything will make clear sense at the end of this story.

Survivor
May 21, 2013
43
RavenLady777 on Jul 13, 2013 wrote:
Aside from the whine about Ice, I agree that the entire 2nd arc is a mess. I don't see them doing anything though...and am not sure how it would be done with tons of users already through it to date. I wish there was a way to just skip it altogether. It's not fun, it's boring and frustrating and I just don't have any interest in continuing past Dragonspyre. sad, because I love this game.
he was just stating out his opinion you can't just say he is whining just because he said something about ice immunity is totally unfair just like ultimate heal boost and very high critical but he probably can deal with it or maybe he can well for sure i know i can. but just because he listed something about a school doesn't make it a "WHINE" so you should watch your mouth and read the entire thing then listen to what he has to say and i won't waste my time sending a comment back to you because i can tell if you see this comment you will send an insult. (Blaze moonmender promethean Blaze ravenmender level 64)

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
4952
usopp549 on Jul 31, 2013 wrote:
he was just stating out his opinion you can't just say he is whining just because he said something about ice immunity is totally unfair just like ultimate heal boost and very high critical but he probably can deal with it or maybe he can well for sure i know i can. but just because he listed something about a school doesn't make it a "WHINE" so you should watch your mouth and read the entire thing then listen to what he has to say and i won't waste my time sending a comment back to you because i can tell if you see this comment you will send an insult. (Blaze moonmender promethean Blaze ravenmender level 64)
Excuse me?
I did read it all and commented. Do not presume to judge me as I have seen these comments about Ice forages and it IS fair; read previous posts, and answers.
And I am not insulting you, simply pointing out that you coming here specifically to attack me for my opinion is not acceptable. Cute smiley face or not.

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
485
It all started in Dragonspyre.

I was losing to people, I couldn't stand rank 8's! Then I got the key to the lair...

After killing Malistaire, I went to CL. I had been there before, and seen the rank 9's. I made it through part of Celestia, not having a clue of what was going on. Morganthe... Blah blah sharks.... Blah... Dislike... Blah blah blah. I got power nova and plowed through Celestia. The entire place is messed up. It's just boring. Why are sharks mean? Who is Morganthe? I would ask myself constantly. How about the fishes leave? No more bullying! I am currently in Zafaria. I am doing good but half of the quests don't make sense. Talk to them. Talk the her. Collect my wand. If she has a wand then stop being lazy and start fighting! Wizards can fight without wands. So can gorillas/zebras/lions! And Avalon... I have heard so much about it. It is my favorite world because it' colorful. But defeat and collect, how tough they are. It gets so boring defeating... And collecting... And the cheating bosses. ALMOST EVERY BOSS cheats there. My friend was very happy when it was done. The worst world- Azteca. Defeat this 15,000 boss for me I can't do it! Defeat this guy who cheats like a manic you can do it! Most people dropped out by now because of how boring and hard it is. Then why did Morganthe drag you through a gauntlet? What's her motive? Defeat. Kill. Collect. Talk. Nowadays that's all to it. You can do better than that, KI. You already did on the first arc.

Survivor
May 21, 2013
43
RavenLady777 on Jul 31, 2013 wrote:
Excuse me?
I did read it all and commented. Do not presume to judge me as I have seen these comments about Ice forages and it IS fair; read previous posts, and answers.
And I am not insulting you, simply pointing out that you coming here specifically to attack me for my opinion is not acceptable. Cute smiley face or not.
woooah there just hear me out everyone gets yelled at and some people not i don't blame you that you are mad rofl i could tell but i am sorry i got a little carried away in my reply but i was just trying to say it didn't count as a whine (Blaze moonmeneder promethean Blaze ravenmender level 63)

Survivor
Feb 29, 2012
29
KorekuEternal on Jul 13, 2013 wrote:
Hey, KI? Yeah, I think it's time to fix your game.

Ice's immunity, time draining mobs/bosses,the equipment, the confusing and dull storyline... (am I missing something?)

What is a revamp? A revamp is a complete overhaul/reconstruction/enhancing of something. That being said, I feel that KI should take some extra time to completely revamp the mobs, equipment stats, THE STORYLINE, etc. a new UI would be fine touch as well. The entire 2nd arch is just so sloppy, I think if KI went along with this, we won't continue to lose our players!
I disagree.

My apologies, but I've always loved the 2nd arc. I never got why people complain over Ice's immunity and such because, well, what's the point in it? It's balanced out well, trust me. If Fire and Storm get their overkills, I at least would like my Ice to get some resistance. The school is mostly relying on defense. (Though their damage is killer sometimes.) -shrugs- Yea, they have an advantage, but unless you're one of those PvP players, you're not fighting any Ice wizards. Mobs, well, their resistance isn't as high, nor is their damage.

The storyline amused me and I've been playing up to Avalon. Morganthe interests me as a character- what's behind the grimness, arrogance and such? Is there something behind that? I feel something may have happened to her when she was young, so it led to her taking an interest in overthrowing the Spiral's leads. Before the mess in Avalon, I mean. What we can piece together of her past is that she's from Zafaria, she lived in Avalon for a while, got angry or something and took interests in the dark arts, and used her own powers to her advantage. -shrugs- I see a lot more than that. I hope that the next world pieces together her past, cause if it doesn't I WILL agree here.

Celestia was VERY DULL. I HATED that world and going through it. I wouldn't mind it if someone revamped that world, because bleh. Zafaria was better, Avalon was best, and Azteca is definitely a challenge. I hate it when people ask to have the game go their way and make things easier. -shrugs-

Ciao!

Mastermind
Jun 02, 2013
311
Whining does t help, especially if its only like 6 people. There are over a million players out there who are having downright fun with it all, and if you hate the 2nd arc so much, why play it? As I said, whining doesn't help.

Survivor
Jun 27, 2013
11
KI has done a lot for us already. Lets just grit our teeth and do it, for the feeling of accomplishment. Things in life won't be "just handed over to you". Yes the storyline isn't top notch but it was in the previous worlds so we need to be great full for that. I'm sorry it didn't meet your expectations.

1