Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

seconday school of magic

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 14, 2010
A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
Grimisto wrote:
for a balance wizard what would be a good secondary magic school

the dorm section of the message boards are for new ideas

this belongs in ravenwood commons

i say death, life, or myth so those spirit blades and traps arent wasted

death if ya want to trap and hurt them and then heal
myth if ya want to take off shields and such
life if ya want to heal and survive a long time and its boosts the balance spell helping hands once ya get the spell sancutary

if those arent to your liking save them till ya get to cl then ya can get all polymorphs and star spells and have a bunch of sun enchants ya can get, like gargantuan and unstoppable

hope this helped much

Delver
Apr 12, 2011
i have a balance wizard i dont play him that much he is legendary i have kinda a death ice mix ice to tower death to well wraith with death mastery amulet

Survivor
Sep 14, 2010
grvy123 wrote:
Grimisto wrote:
for a balance wizard what would be a good secondary magic school

the dorm section of the message boards are for new ideas

this belongs in ravenwood commons

i say death, life, or myth so those spirit blades and traps arent wasted

death if ya want to trap and hurt them and then heal
myth if ya want to take off shields and such
life if ya want to heal and survive a long time and its boosts the balance spell helping hands once ya get the spell sancutary

if those arent to your liking save them till ya get to cl then ya can get all polymorphs and star spells and have a bunch of sun enchants ya can get, like gargantuan and unstoppable

hope this helped much

Thank you for the help i should have made myself clearer as i meant as far as moon school sun and star,thank you for your help.
P.S. i stay strictly with balance it has worked fine i even soloed meowiarty with the judgement spell i feel unbeatable lol..unfortunate drawback is waiting for more pips though.

Explorer
Mar 27, 2011
As a balance, i found that it was pretty useless to spend points in life. First healing spell might be useful at the beginning, but not more than that, you will get heals soon. I went up to satyr and i think i used it less than 10 times in all. The other spells, even less than that.And i dont use spirit blades at all.

Myth school can provide you earthquake, good when you fight shielding or blading opponents; but it costs 6 pips, and unless you have a mastery amulet, it is rarely useful.

Death will provide you feint, but that is pretty much it. Remember you have little to no boosts in secondary school, so base damage will often remain.. basic if you use their attacks.

Ice is interesting because it offers both a low level AoE (blizzard) and shields; I took it as a third school, and honestly if i had those shields earlier on, money would have been easier to handle (bought them in bazaar, but quite expensive at low levels).
Also, if you use an ice amulet, you can make full use of polar swarm, the only DOT spell that balance could get without extra training (but needs to buy treasure transforms).

As of fire, i didnt really find any reason to train it, unless you do it to get phoenix (can you?) planning to also take thunderbird later on with storm. They have good attacks, but a non fire student just can't lear them (=efreet, for instance). Meteor is just not worth it, you will get sandstorm that is pretty much as good.

My favourite, although i didnt take it, is storm. Even with normal pips and no boosts, you can make a decent damage, and can blade up with elemental blades (that you can still use with your normal balance spells).
Storm provides that little power up that might make a difference in fights and lacks in balance.

Then again, i found the most useful schools to be sun and star. They make a really big difference at high levels.