Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

School only items

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 28, 2011
I am new to Wizard 101 and I have alot of new things but it says in red "School only"....what does this mean? I cannot use these items, is there something I'm supposed to do to get to use these items? Thanks,

Theresa

Explorer
Jun 04, 2009
School only items are items that you have to be that school in order to use.
For example, If I were Life I couldn't use a Ice only item. I suggest selling or trading that item.

Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
A fair amount of the gear in the Spiral is limited to specific Schools - and those are marked with the message you see.

So, if you are, say, a Thaumaturge, then you can only wear the Universal clothes or those for the Ice School (marked with a snowflake). You cannot wear the clothes for Balance (scales), Death (skull), Fire (flame), Life (leaf), Storm (lightning+cloud) or Myth (an eye in a triangle).

There's nothing you can do in order to wear those clothes; except for making a new wizard of the appropriate school and transferring the item to them (using the Shared Bank from your dorm).

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
Say I'm Life and have a School only item for Fire, this means only Fire students can use these items (so you can't put them on if you aren't of that School). Just sell the item at the Bazaar or at a shop in the shopping district.