Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Rofl and Shocking

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 20, 2009
Earlier today, my friend and i were doing a test to see how much we could do with low rank spells.

We chose to fight sergeant skullsplitter. Frist test. My friend's dark sprite hit like 8,000 and my firecat hit like 74,000 no critical on either.

Second test, my friend used Banshee which did like 76,000 and i used sunbird which did [ i swear] 1,000,000 damage and no critical either attacks.

My friend and i were like O. O and we both were totally shocked. Plus we had no balance wizard assist us.

Steven strongsword, archmage fire.

Anyone else do high damage with low rank spells?

Defender
May 17, 2011
jmiser420 wrote:
Earlier today, my friend and i were doing a test to see how much we could do with low rank spells.

We chose to fight sergeant skullsplitter. Frist test. My friend's dark sprite hit like 8,000 and my firecat hit like 74,000 no critical on either.

Second test, my friend used Banshee which did like 76,000 and i used sunbird which did [ i swear] 1,000,000 damage and no critical either attacks.

My friend and i were like O. O and we both were totally shocked. Plus we had no balance wizard assist us.

Steven strongsword, archmage fire.

Anyone else do high damage with low rank spells?

my life wizard saffron firehunter used a lepracaun on foulgaze and it did about 5,000 damage, no critical.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Hero
Sep 08, 2008
I don't bother with absurd amounts of damage numbers lol. By the time it takes to boost up that much damage, you'll have the fight over with... any fight.

But here is a more practical low rank damage result that might open some player's eyes. It did mine, for sure.

A storm wizard is known for it's incredible damage boost. I took my storm, now with 101% damage boost, and experimented a little.

I attempted to 'challenge' myself by fighting Belloq. And solo'ed him. I packed my deck with nothing but Wild bolts (can't do that with Insane Bolt), Thunder snakes, and Lightning Bats.

I also had both Gargantuan and Colossal, to the max. Making sure I'd always have a damage attack to use every turn.

A Lightning Bat spell, boosted with Colossal, with Storm's natural damage boost, will do a minimum of 1k damage. A GUARRANTEED 1k damage from a 2-pip spell. Lightning bats.

And for a 1 pip spell, the Thunder snake, you will do 800 or so damage. For a single pip (boosted with Colossal, of course).

Wild bolt, when it hits for a thousand, will naturally do 2,001 damage (with the same amount of damage boost as I have) and boosted with Colossal, you'll have a 2-pip spell hitting for around 2200, 2300 damage or so. That is CRAZY.

And that is WITHOUT any outside damage boosts with blades and/or traps.

I always find myself spamming Wild bolt, regardless, but I now carry around low level spells and look at other people's reactions when I hit as big as their high level spells with absolute minimal effort.