Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

respec of training points

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 02, 2009
i thought that the respec options for training points was on a timer where the cost would be reduced as time went by. My respec option is so expensive i have considered remaking my character. Then i realized that i have way to much invested on him that cannot be replaced if i do. Such as housing and other things. Is there a way to get this done or will my character have to limp along with a poor spec because of my ignorance or will i have to shelf this character due to the extreme cost. The cost now to respec is over 8k crowns. I cannot at the moment or in the near future see this happening and not sure i would pay that if and when i can. Can there please be another option put in place. I have been a loyal player of both this game and pirate 101. I started wizard 101 back when they were just hitting 10k players and were giving away crowns for that. I hope one of the Kings Isle team reads this and responds. Thanks for listening to my plea.

Administrator
This is a good example of Crowns vs Time.
You can either spend the Crowns to reset the Training Points you have spent on that character or you can spend the Time to make and level up a new character.

The first three training points can be purchased back for free.
After that, the more training points you have spent, the higher the cost for the respec.

community@wizard101.com
Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Yeah unfortunately you have to reset training points before you reach level 15 for it to be cheap crown wise.
I think my level 90's have to pay like 8000 crowns or something like that to reset.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
jaeren on Dec 7, 2012 wrote:
i thought that the respec options for training points was on a timer where the cost would be reduced as time went by. My respec option is so expensive i have considered remaking my character. Then i realized that i have way to much invested on him that cannot be replaced if i do. Such as housing and other things. Is there a way to get this done or will my character have to limp along with a poor spec because of my ignorance or will i have to shelf this character due to the extreme cost. The cost now to respec is over 8k crowns. I cannot at the moment or in the near future see this happening and not sure i would pay that if and when i can. Can there please be another option put in place. I have been a loyal player of both this game and pirate 101. I started wizard 101 back when they were just hitting 10k players and were giving away crowns for that. I hope one of the Kings Isle team reads this and responds. Thanks for listening to my plea.
I can relate - on my first wizard I thought it was the thing to do to buy other school spells the way it was introduced to me in the game, it made it sound like it was almost required. Now accept for the blades from Niles I don't buy any out of school spells till I get to those Sun ones on any of the other wizards, I consider them true to their school.

I did buy some balance spells for Sandstorm since at the time Forest Lord was not in game yet and Death to Feint. By mid Mooshu I started to realize how dumb that was when my pips could more benefit my schools spells only. I was not sorry I did the Feint because I was a one hit Life wizard and it was handy in boss fights but the Balance were a complete waste - I didn't spend any more points from then on and with doing all the side quests that give you training points I was able to get the Sun Spell though Colossus with a few to spare.

Altho I am considering wasting 5 on my Storm for the tower shield - I am soloing though Malastaire and I think it would be handy. With new spells introduced it's not longer best to get Life to Satyr, Death to Feint and Ice to Tower. With everyone getting a sprite now in the beginning of the game and other things in the game that can provide you with health (pets), damage has been added to gear which helps wash the need for a one pip Feint and that just leaves maybe Tower shield the only one handy - if you need to shield.

In the end I believe wizards should be told the cost of repairing this mistake if they go with out of school spells and don't buy the amulet to use power pips with them. I know Ambrose says spend them wisely but I didn't realize that till later one really.