Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Resistance

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 04, 2011
I'ce noticed (from lots of PVP matches) that sometimes there'll be a level fifteen wizard paired against me. This typically annoys me, as they only have 980 health or something along those lines, and it seems they'll go down in one hit. However, my level 31 character has been beaten many times by level 15's. The reason? Resistance. I have no idea how they do it, but each turn is attack them, they'd have no shields up and it still would only do half or less of the intended damage. At first I dismissed this as a crazy phenomenon. But I realized, after being defeated a second time by someone else similar, that this was repeating. I finally took the time to inspect the wizard and look at their stats. Their resistance to every single type of magic was 62. Yep. 62! I only have 6 resistance to every spell. Anyone know how they did it and how to gain more? Keep in mind I've already looked it up. I know that the keeper's lore pack (and others) can give you extremely high resistance jade armor. Yeah, if you're level 110. Does anyone know a way a lower level (like myself) can get some high resistance? It would really help me out. Especially since my strategy is kind of just tank. I let people beat on me and get my health low while I get pips. I cast a lot of traps and blades and then take them out in one swipe. This is hard, though, since I'm a storm. I get health slower than all the other schools. I'm trained in life, true, but it'd be much better to resist the hits in the first place than to heal after the damage is done. (Sorry kinda got carried away.) The point is resistance- I need some, and I can't find any gear or gems for my level that offer that. Ideas would be helpful, and sorry this is so long

Explorer
Oct 01, 2011
So what you are being paired against are people that play LOTS of PVP they will be often Warlord ranking and that gives them access to gear that is for PVP only. This gives incredibly high damage, pip chance, resist etc especially at low levels.

You an often tell as the gear looks a certain way and they will, for the most part, have a mega or ultra pet such as an enchanted armament or a certain school Beast with triple damage, double resist talents or a healing maycast in there somewhere

It is one of the reasons PVP is so hard to get into for a lot of people

Explorer
Oct 01, 2011
Oh and I forgot to mention.
On the same page you checked their stats, at the top, there are arrows. Click one of these until you see a character display with hat, robe, boots icons etc and hover over those with your mouse, this will allow you to see the name of the gear that they were using and the stats each piece was providing

Hope this helps