Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Remaining training points?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 15, 2017
I'm currently in storm school, level 32. My secondary school is life, and I've got that trained up to the Satyr spell.

Now, I own the life amulet (Where I'm able to use power pips for the life school as most already know) - though I have been told by most people that it's not worth wasting training points on the other remaining life spells.

As a result, I have 3 spare training points. I have not spent any of my training points on anything other than getting up to Satyr in life.

Any recommendations for what I could do with them? Maybe a tertiary school? Though I feel like that's a waste of training points since I won't be using much of the lower level spells. I've been recommended to go into ice until I get the tower shield, but again I don't think I want to waste my training points on the spells required to get before the Tower shield.

Is there any other better and more strategic investment I could make? I'm not aware of any of the future worlds that await me, and I'm not too sure what the whole moon, star and shadow pip spells are all about but apparently training points are useful as you futher advance into the game?

Anyway thank you!

Survivor
Jun 29, 2015
Deestinyer on Jun 27, 2017 wrote:
I'm currently in storm school, level 32. My secondary school is life, and I've got that trained up to the Satyr spell.

Now, I own the life amulet (Where I'm able to use power pips for the life school as most already know) - though I have been told by most people that it's not worth wasting training points on the other remaining life spells.

As a result, I have 3 spare training points. I have not spent any of my training points on anything other than getting up to Satyr in life.

Any recommendations for what I could do with them? Maybe a tertiary school? Though I feel like that's a waste of training points since I won't be using much of the lower level spells. I've been recommended to go into ice until I get the tower shield, but again I don't think I want to waste my training points on the spells required to get before the Tower shield.

Is there any other better and more strategic investment I could make? I'm not aware of any of the future worlds that await me, and I'm not too sure what the whole moon, star and shadow pip spells are all about but apparently training points are useful as you futher advance into the game?

Anyway thank you!
Most people like to go with a set up that they spend training points up to a certain point in the schools that are beneficial to them

Probably most commonly are things like this:
Life to Satyr
Ice to Tower Shield
Death to Feint

And later on:
Sun to Gargantuan
etc
etc
etc

What I personally like to do is hold my training points until I notice a weakness in my strategies, I address that weakness by first seeing if it can be fixed with a new playstyle, then I see if it's my deck, then I go to learning a new spell to solve it.

Example: I'm leveling a balance Wizard right now, and to just get it out of the way I spent my first training points on tower shield from the ice school. After that I felt I wasn't dealing enough damage so I used my training points to train up to feint and that solved my issue. Then in Celestia the problem became apparent again so I trained in the sun school so I could put out more damage.

Basically just first find out what's the best for you, if you need to improve somewhere: See if a spell can fix it. If you're not having any issues at all just save your points, you'll need them!

And I also strongly recommend you save training points as much as possible for later in the game, don't go crazy with them. Treasure cards are a GREAT alternative to buying a spell, make sure you're using them!

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Save them, when you get to Celestia there are astral spells you are going to want to train. Honestly you are going to regret training satyr later on, you could have used treasure cards. There is no reason why you have to use all your points as you go. If you are unsure if you would use something, try out the treasure cards first and see if you really need it.

Defender
Jul 27, 2010
There are a variety of things you can get, like Tower Shield, Feint, Reshuffle, Elemental Blade/Trap, etc. You can also save them up for the Astral spells in Celestia/Azteca. At your point, I'd say go for Tower Shield.

Explorer
Feb 13, 2011
I would get elemental blade and trap right away. You can also train in ice and death up to tower shield and feint. My advice would be to just wait until celestia to train astral spells.

Survivor
May 15, 2017
Hey all! Thanks for the replies.

I think my fights are going pretty strong, my weakness would be my hp and defences but that's what you get as a storm wizard. I think I will save up all of my training points and see how it goes later on. I can always revert all the training points back and start all over though :-)

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
You'll want sun and star spells, so saving some points now is fine. Elemental blade is very handy trap too sometimes. Reshuffle and weakness are only occasionally useful questing, but good for PvP. Don't train Ice if you aren't doing PvP. Trained Tower isn't needed for PvE. If you are competing in the arena you'll want it.