Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

regaining training points COST TO MUCH

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 01, 2010
i have a questin on why regaining your training points cost so much. i mean why cant they be put in gold not crowns. i want to know why king isle put it at so much. plz reply so i can see your opionions

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
ardragon wrote:
i have a questin on why regaining your training points cost so much. i mean why cant they be put in gold not crowns. i want to know why king isle put it at so much. plz reply so i can see your opionions
KI gives everything crowns.

Wings Mounts

Elixirs

Henchmen

The new pets coming out

The new swords with 110 damage.

EVERYTHING.

Survivor
Jan 17, 2010
If they put it in gold then right when your about to face Malistaire you could oops i changed to life secondary bye bye Malistaire! NO you can choose to be life secondary or you can be life but if want to secondary death the whole time you need to pay in crowns to change that or everyone would have the badge: " Savior Of The Spiral "
why can't you understand?

Survivor
Dec 27, 2008
IMO i think that they figure that if you dont have time to research and plan ahead to get the best combination the first time then you have the money to do it again.

Community Leader
Myself I have turned in my training points when they first made it possible. I have no problem with the cost. If you think about it , if it was cheaper you would be changes all the time. If you make a mistake at and decide to change
2nd schools earlier in levels the cost is cheaper I have had to do this a couple of times.

With new 2nd schools coming up I might change again who knows ;) I also have one wizard who has used none of her training points just to see what I will be able to do with her :-)

Just posting my thoughts
Paige

Survivor
Jul 30, 2009
ARE YOU KIDDING ME LOL!
It doesnt cost hardly anything, lol lets say ya joined when ya were ten or something and just chose a lame school...... then you quit for a year or 2 come back on wizard 101 and ya start playing again and dont like your lame secondary school........you just get some crowns and tada
YOU HAVE AN AWESOME SECONDARY SCHOOL
YOU SHOULD BE GREAT FULL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Defender
May 24, 2009
Hey, not every thing in life is free! :) Hope that helped! :P

Survivor
Jun 08, 2010
Survivor
Jun 26, 2010
Jozepha wrote:
where do you go to change secondary?

You go to the golem court in wizard city then you talk to mr.Lincoln.
I hope that helped you!

P.S. I think it cost about 350 crowns.

Survivor
May 04, 2010
Actually - it cost me around 3500 crowns to reset mine - but I didn't even know you could change them until I was in my mid 40's - so it may have cost me more.

At first I was a little PO'ed about the price, but then I got to thinking - how much am I willing to pay to NOT have to spend a month skilling up a new wizard, and decided that $7-$8 buck was well worth the price.

Would I have liked a free reset, or one that I could purchase with gold - of course, but my money was well spent, and worth every penny in time saved.

Hero
May 19, 2009
WizardSparkle766 wrote:
Jozepha wrote:
where do you go to change secondary?

You go to the golem court in wizard city then you talk to mr.Lincoln.
I hope that helped you!

P.S. I think it cost about 350 crowns.

Its alot more then that. Its over 5,000 crowns for anyone who has used all available training points.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
The cost depends on the level of the wizard and the number of points already used.

If it didn't cost crowns to re-train, you can bet that a lot of people would be retraining for every farming expedition, every major tower, etc.

If thought, planning, and research are used, re-training won't be necessary in the first place.

Explorer
Feb 18, 2010
ardragon wrote:

If you have a low level wizard(under level 20), it makes more sense to just create a new one. don't delete your current wizard, keep it alive long enough to put everything in the shared bank then delete it or If you know how to work two wizards on your account simultaneously, you can also use your current wizard to help your new one. There is no point in deleting the gear you already worked for. Since you have already beaten part of the game, you already know what is required to do it again, making it easier. Just a thought.

Champion
Jan 27, 2009
Ok how about this, instead of the varying prices that you get when you use crowns how about just setting a flat gold rate that is the same if you had only spent one point or if you had spent all of them. Also to address peoples concerns about people changing it all the time for every little thing make it very expensive ie about 80,000 gold. That would work.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
I wish the cost would be a stable 1000 to 1500 crowns. It is unfair that higher level players should have to pay more than this when it is likely only a few of their points are out of place. Those who have a lot of money don't mind paying thousands of crowns to reset as they please and are crown insensitive, those who don't have tons of money to spend wouldn't mind spending a little bit now and again to fix their characters.

To avoid constant changes I would suggest instead of making training point costs based upon character levels and character points to instead be based upon how many times total a character or account has been changed. 1st change = free or 500 crowns, 2nd change = 1,000 crowns, 3rd change 2,500 crowns, 4th change and every change thereafter +500 or even 2,500 more crowns.

This would make everything more affordable and more fair to everyone while discouraging abuse. Those who are rich simply do not care how much crowns cost they will simply do as they want, so the current system only hurts the rest of the players.

Survivor
Sep 30, 2008
A good idea would be to make the first change free and then start charging crowns. It seem reasonable.

Mastermind
Jun 07, 2010
MeCatz wrote:
Myself I have turned in my training points when they first made it possible. I have no problem with the cost. If you think about it , if it was cheaper you would be changes all the time. If you make a mistake at and decide to change
2nd schools earlier in levels the cost is cheaper I have had to do this a couple of times.

With new 2nd schools coming up I might change again who knows ;) I also have one wizard who has used none of her training points just to see what I will be able to do with her :-)

Just posting my thoughts
Paige

Bare in Mind, it is NOT cheaper the higher the level you are. I think it is unfair that depending on the Wizards level you pay more for things then lower levels.