Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

refrences

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 21, 2011
this is not an idea to improve the game i just didnt know where else to put ts message lol. I'm just gonna talk about some refrences ( don't know how to spell refrences ) The first refrence i know about is in the boxes event, the telegraph box is based off of doctor who.The next is the spell ra. Its a balance spell with a person with a bird head using the sun to attack you, ra is the egyptain sun god. Next one is the aquila bosses their names are Zeus,Hades,Poseidon. They are greek god. you fight poseidon in a dungeon called atlantea - atlantea is said to be a sunken island.The world avalon is based off of king arthor. what the ice boss in the solar arc is a refrence to the disney movie frozen. marlybone is based off of london. mooshu is based off of japan. Their are much more refrences but these are all the ones i know/remember

Explorer
May 26, 2012
in wysteria theres a quest called "The Brunching Club" which is an obvious reference to "The Breakfast Club".

Also, this is how you spell it: reference

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Survivor
Dec 21, 2011
carebearlover109 on Oct 15, 2014 wrote:
in wysteria theres a quest called "The Brunching Club" which is an obvious reference to "The Breakfast Club".

Also, this is how you spell it: reference
lol i was close to knowing how to spell it

Delver
Dec 30, 2012
There is already a topic with hundreds of replies about these references, if you want to see more.
I really love the Easter Eggs though, it makes the game more fun and enjoyable, and shows that Kingsisle has fun with their job.

Rose Piper is a combination of Rose (A character in Doctor Who) and the actress who plays her, Billie Piper.

All of the Zeke Scavenger Quests are based off classic bands (The Beatles for example).

The Sonic Spring Reagent is based off the Sonic ScrewDriver from Doctor Who.

Private Ryan, in Unicorn way, has a quest called, "Saving Private Ryan".

A side quest line in Unicorn Way is heavily based off of the Wizard of Oz (Even rewards ruby slippers).

Watson, from Sherlock Holmes, has a pet, a Bulldog. Watson is a Bulldog in MarleyBone.

There is a Bird is the Word badge.

The Mighty Steed Mount from April Fool's last year is from Monty Python.

A quest in Celestia for Crafting is called, "That Seven Seas Show" a reference to That Seventies Show.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
gene945 on Oct 15, 2014 wrote:
this is not an idea to improve the game i just didnt know where else to put ts message lol. I'm just gonna talk about some refrences ( don't know how to spell refrences ) The first refrence i know about is in the boxes event, the telegraph box is based off of doctor who.The next is the spell ra. Its a balance spell with a person with a bird head using the sun to attack you, ra is the egyptain sun god. Next one is the aquila bosses their names are Zeus,Hades,Poseidon. They are greek god. you fight poseidon in a dungeon called atlantea - atlantea is said to be a sunken island.The world avalon is based off of king arthor. what the ice boss in the solar arc is a refrence to the disney movie frozen. marlybone is based off of london. mooshu is based off of japan. Their are much more refrences but these are all the ones i know/remember
We call them "the brilliant Easter eggs...". Here are many more:

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/ravenwood-commons/the-brilliant-easter-eggs-in-wizard101-34763