Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Red CP vs. Regular CP vs. Golden CP

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 01, 2014
Hello people! I was wondering what was the best Couch Potatoes that I can get my hands on. If you could tell me, I would like it if you could tell me where I can find them and what do they drop at Elder. Also, if you find better seeds than any Couch Potato, please tell me what seed it is, and where I can find it!
Thanks,

Flint Crowrider, Level 120.

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2009
Unfortunately, the Red and Golden Couch Potatoes don't have much going for them. Red Couch Potatoes drop a bunch of low-XP snacks (they're like 4 XP iirc). Golden ones are slightly better, but the best snacks they drop are 10 XP, and they aren't exactly very good at it. Normal Couch Potatoes are the ones you're going to want, dropping snacks that are, at the very worst, still better than the other two on Mature harvests, and drop 40-50 XP snacks on Elder while reseeding. They also drop some Aura TCs, the Fortify one I'm quite fond of, and I'm always stocked on Convictions. Central has a wiki which you can look up even more information about them.

When it comes to snacks (the primary reason to plant Couch Potatoes), the only seed that rivals it is the Evil Magma Pea, and there's quite a lot of debate on which is better. You also have stuff like White/Maltese Tiger Lilies, but they're extremely energy-intensive in comparison.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Deadly Helephant Ears drop 25-30xp pet snacks. You can get these by growing regular Helephant Ears for Ultra Helephant Ears - it's the Ultras that sometimes drop Deadly at elder.

Sword Ferns sometimes drop the coveted Hambrosia 50xp mega snack at elder.

Maelstrom Snap Dragons sometimes drop 25xp pet snacks at elder.
Prickly Bear Cactus are fairly easy to care for and drop Sun Fruit 25xp pet snacks.

Alia Misthaven

Survivor
Aug 01, 2014
Thank you so much guys! This really helps because I personally thought that Golden were pretty good, but I think I'll stick to Regular ones.