Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Really?

AuthorMessage
Delver
Nov 16, 2017
I was just in the Bazaar and the young man next to me had a pet I've never seen before and hope I never do again. I looked like a steer (lots of people in there). It had metal straps around it's belly and back and it was on fire. I'm a little surprised KingsIsle would even go there - on fire??? Maybe I've seen too many videos of dogs being held down and burned with a blow torch. Or cats covered in lighter fluid and set aflame. Can't you find humane ways to show your pets? Do you really have to resort to what looks like torture?

Alexis Dawnbreaker Lvl 37 Storm.

Delver
Oct 27, 2009
It sounds like you saw a pet based off of a spell. I think it was a mechanical bull, a machine, and magic flames of some kind, perhaps powering it. The straps you saw would not be chaining it, they WERE it, it's framework skeleton. It would be in the same mode as Bosses like Old Smoky, the mechanical man that looks like an old wood burning stove with a grate with a fire behind it. Maybe someone who is the school who has it can explain more. It might be like the fire elementals, too. What do you think of the firecats, the phoenix, the electric sparking thunderbird, the chilly icecats?

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
colocrys on Dec 28, 2017 wrote:
I was just in the Bazaar and the young man next to me had a pet I've never seen before and hope I never do again. I looked like a steer (lots of people in there). It had metal straps around it's belly and back and it was on fire. I'm a little surprised KingsIsle would even go there - on fire??? Maybe I've seen too many videos of dogs being held down and burned with a blow torch. Or cats covered in lighter fluid and set aflame. Can't you find humane ways to show your pets? Do you really have to resort to what looks like torture?

Alexis Dawnbreaker Lvl 37 Storm.
There are many pets that appear on fire and that's because they are FIRE pets, the fire doesn't hurt them, it's part of their nature.
"I've seen too many videos of dogs being held down and burned with a blow torch. Or cats covered in lighter fluid and set aflame."
Why would anyone watch one video of animals being tortured, much less "many"?

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
It's a mythological creature, and not torture at all. Knowing the origin of the creature does help separate it from your situation. Just know that KI spends a lot of time making sure their content is as universal as possible, and that there is no way to account for every association people might make

Defender
Apr 18, 2014
Er... that's a Raging Bull. It's a bull... raging... on fire. It's the fire pet for level 118. It in no way resembles animal abuse. KingsIsle would never portray that, nor any company.

Survivor
Jun 08, 2014
Don't be frightened by the pet, it's from the fire spell "Raging Bull." So first of all, it's not a dog, it's a bull. second of all, it's on fire for a reason.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
The pet you're describing is a Raging Bull, or a hybrid of that pet. It is earned at level 118 from the Fire school, and it's based off the Fire 108 level spell earned from Polaris. I have that pet.

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Pet:Raging_Bull#axzz52ln4exzs&gsc.tab=0

This is the spell that the pet is based on:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Spell:Raging_Bull#axzz52ln4exzs&gsc.tab=0

As you can see, the bull is full of fire; he has a fire burning inside and he has lava-like streaks on his legs. You know, when you talk about someone "burning with rage?" That's what this bull is supposed to represent.

While I admit that I don't care for the look of it (I call it 'the Taco' because of its shape), I never once looked at it and thought: "pet being tortured." Um, no. Also, I'm kind of disturbed that you say you've watched "many" videos of pets being burned alive. Why on earth would you watch even one?!

Alia Misthaven
Rowan Ashcloud

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Try not to take the game so seriously..

A lot of thought I'd imagine is put into even the smallest detail that goes into the game.

Delver
Nov 16, 2017
In answer to Anecarbie..............I didn't chose the videos I saw. They were part of my training.