Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Rare drops for bosses!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 27, 2017
I have a transcendent death, and thus I have done some of the obligatory farming that comes with owning a death "ex: Loremaster for deer knight(unsuccessful), oakheart and yakedo for elegant(successful)". I have recently been trying my luck with the lost pages event bosses. I have encountered the problem in which I see fairly new players to the game having bone dragon mounts in which they have no idea that it dropped from the boss, or people getting bone dragon on their second try. I have defeated quinn legendbreaker on my transcendent death about 15-20 times and kept seeing max level players farming quinn unaware that you need to be under level eighty to get the bone dragon. I have given up on quinn for the bone dragon, and made a new storm to fight kestrel blackstorm. I have fought her an upwards of thirty times to see nothing! I would just like to know the odds of bone dragon mounts or what level I need to be to get the bone dragon mount in general from the bosses, also is it true that if you are the one to have the finishing blow on a boss you get a higher chance of getting the rarer drops (most of the spells that I got from loremaster were from when im soloing her)

Explorer
Feb 13, 2011
Getting the finishing blow doesn't change your drop rate. What does is if you flee (I'm pretty sure) and if you aren't present when the boss dies, which in that case you get nothing. Also, you can see what the level you need to be at the bottom of the July 2015 update notes, but I will list them here.

Kestrel Blackstorm: 1-19

Taylor Froghead: 1-29

Declan Wyrmdust: 1-49

Carson Spritethief: 1-59

Quinn Legendbreaker: 1-79

Bently Daysong: all levels

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
4610052 on Jul 2, 2017 wrote:
I have a transcendent death, and thus I have done some of the obligatory farming that comes with owning a death "ex: Loremaster for deer knight(unsuccessful), oakheart and yakedo for elegant(successful)". I have recently been trying my luck with the lost pages event bosses. I have encountered the problem in which I see fairly new players to the game having bone dragon mounts in which they have no idea that it dropped from the boss, or people getting bone dragon on their second try. I have defeated quinn legendbreaker on my transcendent death about 15-20 times and kept seeing max level players farming quinn unaware that you need to be under level eighty to get the bone dragon. I have given up on quinn for the bone dragon, and made a new storm to fight kestrel blackstorm. I have fought her an upwards of thirty times to see nothing! I would just like to know the odds of bone dragon mounts or what level I need to be to get the bone dragon mount in general from the bosses, also is it true that if you are the one to have the finishing blow on a boss you get a higher chance of getting the rarer drops (most of the spells that I got from loremaster were from when im soloing her)
When I farmed on my main account, it took me 137 tries to get it from Kestrel. When I decided to get it on my side account, it took way over 200.

I did nothing on my account except pass and let the Storm spam Tempest. Anyone who says there's ways to increase drop rates is lying and should not be taken seriously.