Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Random teleportations??

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 19, 2014
Well I was about to get into a fight when apparently 'magic' teleported me back to The Commons right from Cyclops Lane qq

Explorer
Jul 13, 2010
If you click the "end" button on the keyboard, you get transported back to the commons area for the world you're in. It's close to the arrows on the keyboard, so it's easy to misclick it. I do it all the time. :P

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
I begged for a solution to this problem for a long time, because it's silly to program the keys so close together. I mean, do you put gas cans right next to an open fire? No! Putting those things close together would probably end in disaster. But this logic doesn't seem to have hit home yet.

Some have suggested a way to remap your keyboard so you can't hit the teleport button (End key) anymore. If you do a search in the Dorms forum, I'm sure you'll find the thread.

If memory serves, Lydia Greyrose said that KI does not condone key remapping but would not actively seek out users who do to punish them.

Survivor
Apr 05, 2014
Just use the A, S, D, W keys to run around. My mom does this all the time on her laptop. I on the other hand have never done this since I use the asdw keys.

Explorer
May 19, 2014
Lucas Rain on May 27, 2014 wrote:
I begged for a solution to this problem for a long time, because it's silly to program the keys so close together. I mean, do you put gas cans right next to an open fire? No! Putting those things close together would probably end in disaster. But this logic doesn't seem to have hit home yet.

Some have suggested a way to remap your keyboard so you can't hit the teleport button (End key) anymore. If you do a search in the Dorms forum, I'm sure you'll find the thread.

If memory serves, Lydia Greyrose said that KI does not condone key remapping but would not actively seek out users who do to punish them.
One reason I like the arrow keys because it shows which direction your character would go like the ^ button will put you forward.

It takes a long time to get used to W,A,S,D.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Valdus Spell on May 31, 2014 wrote:
One reason I like the arrow keys because it shows which direction your character would go like the ^ button will put you forward.

It takes a long time to get used to W,A,S,D.
Not really. The buttons are in the same configuration, just a different place. Ring finger A (left), index finger D (right), middle finger S (down) W (up). Takes a couple minutes to get used to it.

Survivor
May 31, 2014
HKboy7 on May 27, 2014 wrote:
If you click the "end" button on the keyboard, you get transported back to the commons area for the world you're in. It's close to the arrows on the keyboard, so it's easy to misclick it. I do it all the time. :P
Really? I did not know that... Well thx for the tip/glitch :)