Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Quick Questions from a new player...

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 10, 2009
My family and I just signed up this past weekend and began to play Wiz101. We are really enjoying the game experience and playing together (all weekend as a matter of fact).

We formed a group of the three of us, but it seems that when one of our group gets attacked, the other two do not get a notification about the battle even though we are all in the same area (sunken city). Are we not doing something correctly with the group feature?

Also, I noticed that in the group listing, there are stars beside our names and when I click on a star, it switches from an empty star outline to a solid yellow star. What is this for?

Thanks for any help.

Defender
May 29, 2009
welcome to wizard 101, it's addicting. ;-)

you're doing everything right. the group feature is to allow your group to chat amongst themselves without have to direct a chat at someone particular. Also, only the people in your group see those messages rather than anyone who is in the area. Grouping does not automatically send notification of a battle. However, the person who gets into a battle can send "HELP" and the rest of the group should see it and port to him/her.

The solid stars are there to help categorize friends. I use solid stars to categorize friends who I have interacted with more (done battle with, trust, etc.) versus friends who you made at some point, but may not have ever seen again. The friends with solid stars sort to the top of the list.

austmeliamne wrote:
My family and I just signed up this past weekend and began to play Wiz101. We are really enjoying the game experience and playing together (all weekend as a matter of fact).

We formed a group of the three of us, but it seems that when one of our group gets attacked, the other two do not get a notification about the battle even though we are all in the same area (sunken city). Are we not doing something correctly with the group feature?

Also, I noticed that in the group listing, there are stars beside our names and when I click on a star, it switches from an empty star outline to a solid yellow star. What is this for?

Thanks for any help.

Survivor
Jul 10, 2009
Ok. Thanks for the info. I could have sworn I read somewhere that as long as a group is in the same area and one gets attacked, a notification is sent to the others in the group. But I can't find where I read it.