Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Quick question about second chance chests...

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jan 30, 2015
Given that this weekend is the member benefit, I was wondering if second chance chests have the same drops as their boss...so for bosses that have unique items they drop, is it possible to get those from the second chance chest? Or only from the boss itself.

For example, does Malistaire's second chance chest drop the unique Darkmoor gear?

Thanks!

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Yes, the good drops can be obtained through the chests

If you're throwing crowns in though keep an eye on how many crowns you're using as each time costs more than the last. It's easy to spend more than you meant to! The amount resets daily but I am not sure if this is at midnight Central time (like daily assignments) or 24 hours after you used it (like the daily gifts you can get from interactive things in houses - eg the plant in the Botanical Gardens or the monkey in The Sun Palace).

Good luck on drops!

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
As the name suggests; its a second chance chest.

It's gives you a second chance of the array of item the particular boss has within it's possession.

So, I always tend to make heavy use of this benefit and the chests.

I however would like to see secret bosses such as The Gladiator get a second chance chest though, he can be quite annoying to farm..