Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Quick Combat Question

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 02, 2010
Greetings and salutations!

When you cast a spell that does damage over time, like Fire Imp, and Traps, Blades and/or Resist comes into play, what happens?

I've noticed that Shields greatly reduce the damage and spells like Feint vastly improve it, but how does that work when the spell repeats it's damage round after round?

Do the enhancements continue to affect the spell after the initial damage? What would be the optimal way to use damage over time or heal over time spells?

Explorer
May 09, 2009
Draegyn wrote:
Greetings and salutations!

When you cast a spell that does damage over time, like Fire Imp, and Traps, Blades and/or Resist comes into play, what happens?

I've noticed that Shields greatly reduce the damage and spells like Feint vastly improve it, but how does that work when the spell repeats it's damage round after round?

Do the enhancements continue to affect the spell after the initial damage? What would be the optimal way to use damage over time or heal over time spells?

On the damage over time spells, blades work for the entire time. traps only work for one of the attacks. spells like balefrost, wyldfire, darkwind etc. effect the entire attack. When I use frostbite (my damage over time spell), I put a blade and balefrost out and use it on a fire enemy. That does a ton of damage!

Survivor
Mar 02, 2010
That's awesome. I guess it's too bad Doom and Gloom just cuts Healing instead of boosting Death. Still, I've got a few Blades. I'll make sure to drop a few before I damage over time in my next battle.

Thank You!