Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

quests

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
i am sorry but i need to vent on a couple of issues. First what is going on with the shields and pixies fizzing? Second, on these quests we are told to collect a number of items to complete the quest, yet this new "Failed to collect the item, please try again" is out of hand. If we are suppose to collect more then it should state it. I am in DS but it has happened in other cities, where on a quest after 3 to 5 times in a row i have failed to collect the item, and if you are lucky enough to get a group of people to fight on the quest you might get 1 out of the 4. I know I am ranting but this seems unfair. I know the game is suppose to be hard especially where i am at but if we are to fight more and collect more it should state it. Thanks for listening to my rants. Is anyone else having the same issue? Thanks again.

Defender
Feb 18, 2009
I am having these same issues. Before the recent changes I had NEVER had a problem with the fizzles on the pixies and shields. Those are suppose to be 100% no matter what. I don't like that change at ALL.

Also, with the finding of things to where it keeps telling you to "Try Again", I don't like this either. I agree that there needs to be a harder task but to have to fight the guys in the streets 10 to 15 times just to find one item is a little ridiculous. I too am in DS but this problem started back in Mooshu for me.

I too thank you for listening to my rants....

Hunter SilverHeart

Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
Thank you for your reply. I am glad to know I am not the only one. Before anyone gets upset about what I posted I just needed to vent and express how difficult it is getting. I understand the percentage rate, but shields and pixies are to be a given. It how we stragegize our attack and defensiveds. As far as the "failed to retrive item, please try again" mine started on my other character in Krokotopia. I am not asking to change the game by any means but for KI to take a look at this and this might be a problem they are not aware of and if they are at least I know I am not the only one. Thanks again.
Tamster45

Administrator
Negative Charms such as the Black Mantle spell can affect the accuracy of your wand spell and heals, which are otherwise 100% accurate spells.

If you're experiencing fizzles on 100% spells without a negative charm, we need to know! Please submit a bug report to Mr Lincoln if this is the case.

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Administrator
We added the messaging earlier this month in response to players who were confused that they had defeated the creatures they were asked to defeat for a quest, but did not receive a quest completion.

The reasons behind this were mostly that they were not asked to only defeat the creature, but to collect an item from that creature and the chances of collecting the item were not 100%.

We wanted to let the players know that while they may have defeated the creature they were asked to defeat, they did not succeed at collecting the item from that creature.

Does this help and/or make sense?

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
Yes it does, thanks. I understand this but still it doesnt seem right. I could be okay with it, if it happened once in awhile, but not 4,5 6, or more times in a row. This is a little out of hand. I turned on my quest finder to see if this would help and to no avail, it didnt. I also just tried to report a bug issue which your administration asked me to, but was unsuccessful do to i cant get the category to come up and post, on the pixie and shield fizzle. Thank you once again for your time. Tamster45

Defender
Feb 18, 2009
This all does make sense Professor, I just don't like it ....lol. I guess I can't like everything about the game right? lol I guess I'll just rule this to the list of things that I don't like about the game like the fact that the Vampire can attack you and take your actual Health even if you have an ABSORB on. Do you know how many times I've been Defeated because of that mess? Ugh.....

Anyways, just for clarification, the good DEFINITELY out weighs the bad in this game.....it's in my top 5 of all time favorite games.

See ya in the Spiral,

Hunter SilverHeart

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
i agree with tamster45 in the sense that i am fine with the "failed to collect item, please try again" message appearing once in a while but 4-5 times in a row gets pretty annoying. I am in Marleybone right now and have recently completed a quest in which i needed to collect a fiddle from a sweeper. I fought at least 8 battles against the sweepers and defeated around 20 of them but every time i got the "failed to collect" message . I don't mean to be rude but COME ON!!!!!!!!! just give me the fiddle already (i did eventually get it but it took a LONG time and i got VERY sick of the quest). Please, Gamma, I'm not asking you do away with this feature as i know it helps make the game a bit more challenging but please make it so stuff like this doesn't happen

Thanks for you time,
jdog147

Explorer
Feb 07, 2009
The "did not collect item" messages were added for clarification. It had always been the case that on some quests, there was some percentage chance that you would/would not get a needed item after defeating an enemy. The addition of the message didn't change this at all, it just made it clear that you hadn't collected it. Before, I believe it would only say that you had collected an item, and if you weren't paying close attention, after a battle where no item was collected, you might have thought that you had collected it/them, and then wondered why the quest had not completed.

The percentage chance of gaining the items has not changed. You are only being given more information, usually considered to be a good thing.

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
Survivor
Apr 17, 2009
So far I have not had the shield and pixie fizzle. I have had the failure to collect thing. For me ever since they changed it, it does seem to happen a lot more. Just like the others have already said 5 or usually more times in a row.

I have also experienced something else and that is really what I was curious about. I am in Marley now, but ever since I entered Krok I think, I have noticed this . When I am battling, sometimes it skips me. I mean I pick the spell I want to use, then when I am supposed to go...nothing. I am not talking about a fizzle. Just nothing, it completely skips my turn and deducts the mana and pips.

Does anyone know anything about this?

Defender
Feb 07, 2009
gnreno3 wrote:
This all does make sense Professor, I just don't like it ....lol. I guess I can't like everything about the game right? lol I guess I'll just rule this to the list of things that I don't like about the game like the fact that the Vampire can attack you and take your actual Health even if you have an ABSORB on. Do you know how many times I've been Defeated because of that mess? Ugh.....

Anyways, just for clarification, the good DEFINITELY out weighs the bad in this game.....it's in my top 5 of all time favorite games.

See ya in the Spiral,

Hunter SilverHeart

They have to do this because Deah's spells are underpowered by the steal ability. This is fair or they'll have to make the Death spells like storm spell with steal.

Survivor
Jun 07, 2009
I understand the frustrations in getting the 'failed to collect' I've had to do one quest for over an hour to finally get the item just because I had to run around looking for the mob.

But I think it's fine the way it is. Your not getting told the fire elf with the pink hair has the ring, your told that a fire elf has the ring. That leaves it very open. And the multiple battles help hone our battle skills when faced with a bad card draw. Does it seem a bit excessive? Maybe but it does make sense.

Survivor
May 31, 2009
I also have been having diffucties collecting items from enemys. But I also have been having diffuclties with quests because my quest finder won`t show up

Survivor
Jul 13, 2009
I am very frustrated as well. I just defeated FOUR Magma Men on my own, but did not get a required charred knife even once. Very frustrating.

Defender
Feb 19, 2009
i am having the very same problem. I really wish that they would always drop the quest item. I am in dragonspyre currently and almost every time i get a failure to get a certain item. It takes me at least 30 minutes to get the item i require. So PLEASE, Kingisle, I beg you to change the drop rate for quest items.