Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Questions that I have not found an answer to.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 18, 2012
19
1. What determines who gets the initiative in a fight? Sometimes it seems if I grab just one critter, I go first, but with 2 critters they do.

2. When a monster stuns me, I am left with a brown shield flying around me. Even after the turn that I was stunned, it still hovers there for some time. Then eventually the critter will do an attack on me and the shield will go away. Whats up with that?

3. When I log my Wizard in, sometimes there is a cool-down on them being able to teleport to their house. This isn't a residual from a previous port before logging off. Why can 1 wizard automatically be able to go home and another can't?

4. Will our friends list be getting bigger? As I understand it, Pirates 101 and Wizard 101 will be able to send messages cross-game to our friends. Many times when I invite a person to be a friend, they already have a full list.

5. Goat Monk, Ninja Pig and the other 4 spell cards that Yan sells require Legendary Crafter to make them. By that time, we are way past needing the card or even using it in any way except novelty. Any chance of changing the requirements for level and making it so someone can craft it that might use it?

6. And lastly, not as much a question, but a humble request. Please start making some of the old content things like pets, mounts, and such be purchasable with coin. Even if very expensive. It would give so much more flavor and diversity to the Spiral. I understand the monetization of the game and I pay my monthly fee, 2 actually, regularly. If we cant get a couple hundred crowns a month for subbing, then at least let us spend our hard earned gold on some pets and mounts that have been around for a long time.

Thanks for taking time and answering these questions.

Administrator
pathelas69 wrote:
1. What determines who gets the initiative in a fight? Sometimes it seems if I grab just one critter, I go first, but with 2 critters they do.
Pure luck.

pathelas69 wrote:
2. When a monster stuns me, I am left with a brown shield flying around me. Even after the turn that I was stunned, it still hovers there for some time. Then eventually the critter will do an attack on me and the shield will go away. Whats up with that?
That is a stun shield. It blocks the next incoming stun.

pathelas69 wrote:
3. When I log my Wizard in, sometimes there is a cool-down on them being able to teleport to their house. This isn't a residual from a previous port before logging off. Why can 1 wizard automatically be able to go home and another can't?
The cooldown is on your account, not your character.

pathelas69 wrote:
4. Will our friends list be getting bigger? Many times when I invite a person to be a friend, they already have a full list.
Members already have an increased Friends list. We have no plans to change that at this time, but may reconsider it in the future.

pathelas69 wrote:
5. Goat Monk, Ninja Pig and the other 4 spell cards that Yan sells require Legendary Crafter to make them. By that time, we are way past needing the card or even using it in any way except novelty. Any chance of changing the requirements for level and making it so someone can craft it that might use it?
Those are very powerful cards and we have no plans to make the crafting of them easier.

pathelas69 wrote:
6. And lastly, not as much a question, but a humble request. Please start making some of the old content things like pets, mounts, and such be purchasable with coin. Even if very expensive. It would give so much more flavor and diversity to the Spiral. I understand the monetization of the game and I pay my monthly fee, 2 actually, regularly. If we cant get a couple hundred crowns a month for subbing, then at least let us spend our hard earned gold on some pets and mounts that have been around for a long time.
Duly noted.

pathelas69 wrote:
Thanks for taking time and answering these questions.
You're very welcome! I'm sure other members of the community will chime in as well.


community@wizard101.com
Explorer
Apr 10, 2010
92
First of good set questions.
Second Thank You Professer Greyrose for your answers.

The last question is the one is going to get the most attention.
I agree with it on some level.

Defender
Aug 07, 2011
116
I object to your last point. (The others were very good and I agree with them.) However, crown items should never go gold which means free. It's totally unfair to those of us who have paid real money for it and if I see it happen, I'll probably never pay crowns/real money again. For instance, I have bought two dream filly mounts, the unicorn. They've been around a while I understand (I've only been playing a year and a couple of months but they were there when I started). If other players were suddenly able to get them for free, how is that fair to me? I want my money back if they do that, frankly, because I've been ripped off big time.

I pay for three memberships and buy a lot of crowns. I spend a couple of hundred dollars a month or more on this game which is my luck to be able to afford to waste for the first time in my life now that my daughter is an adult. Lucky me. However, I'll stop buying crowns and crown items point blank if they start offering anything I bought with real money for free. Why would I? Wait long enough and it becomes free because it's deemed too old to be interesting (I beg to differ, the dream filly is a pretty little unicorn that will always be interesting). I'd feel cheated and would buy crowns only for energy elixirs, henchmen, and maybe mega snacks which I'm already deciding to start using more gold snacks to supplement my gardened ones. Adding another stage of pet training pushed me to that.

I'd spend about a tenth of what I currently do on this game. And I doubt I'm unique. Make someone pay while giving it to someone else for free will tend to have the effect of discouraging one to buy anything with real money.

Also, with all due respect, it really irritates me to see people ask to have for free stuff I had to pay for. What audacity and sense of entitlement prompts you to do this? There are gold mounts in the crown shop you can use. If a broomstick isn't good enough for you, ante up the dough for a cooler mount like the rest of us have done. Same thing goes for gear that gives you an extra advantage in the game. If they do offer any more mounts or gear for gold, it should be entirely new and not one that was previously available only by paying crowns. Because it's not fair to those who paid crowns because they couldn't buy it with gold.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
771
Defender
Feb 24, 2012
192

pathelas69 wrote:
5. Goat Monk, Ninja Pig and the other 4 spell cards that Yan sells require Legendary Crafter to make them. By that time, we are way past needing the card or even using it in any way except novelty. Any chance of changing the requirements for level and making it so someone can craft it that might use it?
Those are very powerful cards and we have no plans to make the crafting of them easier.

Im sorry but i disagree with you these cards are not very powerful at all and should be easier to craft or receive through packs,
1. Goat monk is a up to 520 life damage for 5 pips . For 1 pip more you can cast centaur or cast seraph for 1pip less.
2. Deer knight is a 300+270 DoT for 5 pips.
3. Handsome femori is a 530ish ice damage for 5 pips.
4. Catalan is a 690 storm damage for 5 pips. Stormzilla does 730 for 5 pips.
These and the others are not powerful at all. So please reconsider the OP's request and rethink these costs.


Explorer
Feb 25, 2012
70
1-I think in pvp the lower level gets the first turn for evreything else it's just luck.

2-It's called a stun block it will block the next stun and you can get it by being attacked by a stun or using a stun block spell (you can get it from Dueling Diego in Unicorn Way).

3-I only have one Wizard so sorry I can't answer that.

4-I see no reason why KI should give us more maximum friends aloud in our friends list but what you could do is delete some unactive friends or tell the people you want to add to delete some of their's.

5-I can't answer that because I never heard of crafting those spells.

6-I deeply agree with you but that is KI's decision.

Level 38 Magus Theurgist Gabriel Ashleaf

Defender
Feb 06, 2010
118
GrammyH wrote:
I object to your last point. (The others were very good and I agree with them.) However, crown items should never go gold which means free. It's totally unfair to those of us who have paid real money for it and if I see it happen, I'll probably never pay crowns/real money again. For instance, I have bought two dream filly mounts, the unicorn. They've been around a while I understand (I've only been playing a year and a couple of months but they were there when I started). If other players were suddenly able to get them for free, how is that fair to me? I want my money back if they do that, frankly, because I've been ripped off big time.

I pay for three memberships and buy a lot of crowns. I spend a couple of hundred dollars a month or more on this game which is my luck to be able to afford to waste for the first time in my life now that my daughter is an adult. Lucky me. However, I'll stop buying crowns and crown items point blank if they start offering anything I bought with real money for free. Why would I? Wait long enough and it becomes free because it's deemed too old to be interesting (I beg to differ, the dream filly is a pretty little unicorn that will always be interesting). I'd feel cheated and would buy crowns only for energy elixirs, henchmen, and maybe mega snacks which I'm already deciding to start using more gold snacks to supplement my gardened ones. Adding another stage of pet training pushed me to that.

I'd spend about a tenth of what I currently do on this game. And I doubt I'm unique. Make someone pay while giving it to someone else for free will tend to have the effect of discouraging one to buy anything with real money.

Also, with all due respect, it really irritates me to see people ask to have for free stuff I had to pay for. What audacity and sense of entitlement prompts you to do this? There are gold mounts in the crown shop you can use. If a broomstick isn't good enough for you, ante up the dough for a cooler mount like the rest of us have done. Same thing goes for gear that gives you an extra advantage in the game. If they do offer any more mounts or gear for gold, it should be entirely new and not one that was previously available only by paying crowns. Because it's not fair to those who paid crowns because they couldn't buy it with gold.


I don't know how long you've been playing this game, but some of those mounts you've mentioned were crowns-only at one point. A lot of things were crowns-only. Wizard101 added gold as an option to be fair. You can't get mad at people for wanting older, less popular items to be available to buy for gold. Not everyone has money to just spend, and large amounts of gold could take awhile to get. And think about the children that play this game, they can't get a job, and their parents might not be willing to give them extra money for a game.

You're only thinking about yourself. I have a job, and am able to buy crowns whenever I feel like it, but that's not the case for everyone. So yeah, if I spent 5000 crowns on a nice mount three years ago, and now w101 is offering it for 275,000 gold (max is currently at 300,000), I wouldn't be mad. Who cares?? The money was already spent years ago.

Again, not everyone has "hundreds of dollars a month" to spend SOLELY on a game. People have bills, food, other games, other forms of entertainment, etc to spend money on.

Get a grip.

Survivor
Feb 13, 2012
23
pathelas69 wrote:
4. Will our friends list be getting bigger? As I understand it, Pirates 101 and Wizard 101 will be able to send messages cross-game to our friends. Many times when I invite a person to be a friend, they already have a full list.


I'll chime in with agreement on this post. I don't need dozens of different people on my friends list, they come and go as you meet new people and some quit. However, I add all the characters of my close friends so we can always find each other when online and switch back and forth between our wizards. Two of my friends have 6 wizards, one has 4. That's 16 friend slots for basically 3 friends. Like the extra space castle elixir, I don't have a problem paying for an elixir that adds a few friend slots to compensate for the extra drain on your servers if that's the problem.

pathelas69 wrote:
5. Goat Monk, Ninja Pig and the other 4 spell cards that Yan sells require Legendary Crafter to make them. By that time, we are way past needing the card or even using it in any way except novelty. Any chance of changing the requirements for level and making it so someone can craft it that might use it?


I couldn't disagree more. I farmed Koto 57 times to get the Ninja Pigs spell and it is by far my favorite single-target spell. Add colossal to it and it has a whopping 915 base damage compared to Medusa's 1045 for half the pips! Sure, stun is useful on major bosses when you're getting help from others to kill. But solo? Unless you're faced with Luska or a cheating boss that needs a hit every round, I don't see the point in wasting pips on multiple hits when you can spend a few more rounds and a couple points boosting yourself even further to make a massive killing hit. Half the pips for 10% less base damage? That's a powerful spell in my book. Learn how to use your sun cards properly and spend fewer rounds taking damage.

pathelas69 wrote:
6. And lastly, not as much a question, but a humble request. Please start making some of the old content things like pets, mounts, and such be purchasable with coin. Even if very expensive. It would give so much more flavor and diversity to the Spiral. I understand the monetization of the game and I pay my monthly fee, 2 actually, regularly. If we cant get a couple hundred crowns a month for subbing, then at least let us spend our hard earned gold on some pets and mounts that have been around for a long time.


I agree wholeheartedly with GrammyH's objection to this request. You don't NEED a cool mount to play this game, it's window dressing. If you need the Gucci bling of a crown mount? Pony up the cash for crowns. It diminishes the real life cast investment in the crown and pack mounts if you give them away for gold (as a time investment expense only, in-game gold means FREE in terms of real life cash). By the way, I have exactly the same objection GrammyH makes with respect to giving away crafted items in the packs! I had just bought and crafted the Dragonspyre beds when they turned up in droves at the bazaar.

Note well that KI has generously given all crown gear and mooshu spells as boss drops. A friend used his max wizard and farmed all night to get the entire birdcaller set for his new avatar. Spend a couple weeks farming Water Works to get mastery amulets and save yourself at least $10 in crowns plus the great water works gear for your wizards. You don't want to or can't spend the money on crowns? Put in the time to get the drops. It took me almost two months of farming reagents - not buying them - to craft my first house, the Grizzleheim mansion. I put in a huge investment in time and effort (staving off boredom in the middle of the night while realm shifting for hours is effort) but when I ported to it for the very first time my sense of accomplishment and pride was overwhelming.

This is a game. You spend time playing it for fun and as an escape from real life. How you spend the time in the game is up to you. Want something for nothing? You'll get it with time spent farming for it. Want something extra special and unique that doesn't affect your ability to play the game one whit? Spend money. Heck, if you're any kind of higher level, you can even farm Rattlebones for 5-10 minutes a day to get a free mount rental!

Delver
Jul 15, 2011
288
fireproof1111 wrote:

pathelas69 wrote:
5. Goat Monk, Ninja Pig and the other 4 spell cards that Yan sells require Legendary Crafter to make them. By that time, we are way past needing the card or even using it in any way except novelty. Any chance of changing the requirements for level and making it so someone can craft it that might use it?
Those are very powerful cards and we have no plans to make the crafting of them easier.

Im sorry but i disagree with you these cards are not very powerful at all and should be easier to craft or receive through packs,
1. Goat monk is a up to 520 life damage for 5 pips . For 1 pip more you can cast centaur or cast seraph for 1pip less.
2. Deer knight is a 300+270 DoT for 5 pips.
3. Handsome femori is a 530ish ice damage for 5 pips.
4. Catalan is a 690 storm damage for 5 pips. Stormzilla does 730 for 5 pips.
These and the others are not powerful at all. So please reconsider the OP's request and rethink these costs.



I can't speak with experience on the other spells, but Deer Knight is one of the best things to happen to the death School since Scarecrow. I don't know any death school folk who don't want it. It looks cool, and it does a decent amount of group damage at only 5 pips.

Do we need these additional spells? Nope, people have been playing fine without them. So, making them difficult to get is absolutely fine by me since they are only optional.

Defender
Aug 07, 2011
116
RottenHeart wrote:
With attitude like that perhaps you don't shop much? Old things generally become cheaper and more accessible as new things obsolete them. Not always true, but usually. You won't be buying much new stuff in this world if you are afraid of being ripped off because it may be cheaper later. Afraid of buying a TV because the exact model will me way cheaper next year? Clothing? Food?

Okay so now you might argue these things don't go for free. Well... often they get sold at an overall loss just to get rid of them. Attempt to get something to cover the material cost. I could write a text book here. So now I'm digressing because we aren't talking about 'real world' objects that are getting purchased. So do we enter a philosophical discussion about buying/getting stuff that doesn't actually exist?

The point is KI is running a business and they can make whatever business choice they choose and thats okay with me. There may be strategic benifit to keep old school stuff at full price, maybe not. If the whole game becomes free in 5 years are you going to be upset? Are you angry because you can get Pac-Man and Centipede off the internet for free??? How many quarters did you spend on Street Fighter? Who cares? As someone else pointed out, get a grip!
You're not only comparing apples and oranges, you're daydreaming. The entire thing for free! Well, that will give me fair warning that its days are numbered. My point, which was lost on those begging to get things other players have paid for for free, was that it would be a bad business model because it would discourage those of us who spend crowns on the extras from doing so. I was being sarcastic with the previous poster but the truth is, if I do see it, I will be rather disinclined to spend crowns on further items.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
935
GrammyH wrote:
You're not only comparing apples and oranges, you're daydreaming. The entire thing for free! Well, that will give me fair warning that its days are numbered. My point, which was lost on those begging to get things other players have paid for for free, was that it would be a bad business model because it would discourage those of us who spend crowns on the extras from doing so. I was being sarcastic with the previous poster but the truth is, if I do see it, I will be rather disinclined to spend crowns on further items.
You are kicking a dead horse here. No disrespect but no one cares if any1 spends less crowns especially KI. Because there is always someone else spending. For instance you will spend 90% less ok fine but your neighbor and 60000 others may spend 50% more so once again it doesnt matter. Just play the game and be happy. Ive been playing this game since launch and i played eqoa and WoW since their launches and it never ends with people saying if you do this or dont do that i wont play anymore or i wont pay anymore well i got news for ya they dont care as long as everyone else is paying.

Defender
Aug 07, 2011
116
Except why would anyone if the stuff is all going to wind up free. You people amuse me. Of course, they care if they lose business. I'm having just a little trouble believing that KI doesn't care if I buy crowns or not. Just a tad... lol -- that's absolutely hilarious. Maybe McDonald's doesn't care if we stop buying hamburgers is the next thing you're going to tell me and they'll just give their french fries away for free.

Defender
Feb 24, 2012
192
Blaze Duskdreamer on Oct 19, 2012 wrote:
Except why would anyone if the stuff is all going to wind up free. You people amuse me. Of course, they care if they lose business. I'm having just a little trouble believing that KI doesn't care if I buy crowns or not. Just a tad... lol -- that's absolutely hilarious. Maybe McDonald's doesn't care if we stop buying hamburgers is the next thing you're going to tell me and they'll just give their french fries away for free.
Actually they do give french fries away for free a few times a year .

And if you walked into mcd's and said " if i dont get a better hamburger for my money than the guy that used a coupon for a discount burger im not going to buy hamburgers here anymore" Well the cashier would first go get the manager for you but then the manager would just laugh at you. Because they dont care what one person does. Its the masses they care about not just you. You seem like the type that thinks they can tell the cable company or phone company that if they dont do what you want youll cancel your service. Try it and see what they tell you.

Why you feel you are more important than everyone else eludes me but none the less your posts are quite silly.

Survivor
Jun 26, 2009
13
The friends list issue raised by the OP is one I have thought about for a while. Personally, I don't require a larger friend list, what I would like is an additional info button that will tell me when ppl on my list last logged onto the game as that player so if I need to delete ppl to free up space, I will know who isn't as active to help me make a decision.

I can't remember every single person who friended me, I know who I'm currently seeing online playing and who I battle with-- that's maybe 10 - 15 ppl at most, other than those who I have gold starred. Also, whenever in the Commons, I reject a ton of friend requests because I don't want my list clogged up and then having to delete the wrong person to free up space for ppl with whom I battle.

A "Last Seen in the Spiral" button would be great. However, if there is some way to tell when someone was last online playing and I'm not aware of it, please clue me in so I can cut my list down to active players. Those that keep paying but aren't playing for months and months, I'd prefer to not have them on my list and I'm sure they wouldn't care if I deleted them!