Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Question/Discussion: What is the purpose of "No Trade" items?

AuthorMessage
A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
So it seems to me that I am seeing more and more "No Trade" items showing up in Wizard101 and I'm not entirely sure as to why? So what are reasons a Game Developer would want to make something "No Trade"?

I understand the first few items that I encountered that were no trade: the few free housing items at the start of the game that people could sell for gold just by making a new account. Making those items "No Trade" makes sense to me.

What inspired me to make this post is the New Blimp Pets I saw that it was marked as "No Trade" is that because the drop rates are so low and it's a similar issue?

What absolutely perplexes me though is the Beastmoon dropped pets. I mean why? I don't have enough time in the day to get enough points to unlock that on every character especially when I do Beastmoon on my Ice for example and get a Storm pet that is no trade? Or even if I do get the Storm pet on the Storm wizard it inevitably doesn't get ANY useful talents so it's considered a trash pet?

I'm honestly at a loss as to why this is-does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!