Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Question on converting multiple supercharges

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 02, 2009
If the answer to this first question is no, then the next 3 are irrelevant. My question is thus:

If mockenspiel converts multiple blades of different values, will my next hit be able to use all of them at once?

If i use a mockenspiel while having multiple, different value supercharges, all of which are the trained variant, would my next hit be able to use all of the universal blades, or are they considered "the same blade", like they would be if they were storm blades?

Another question in the same vein, if i use all 5 possible supercharge variants, which would usually be considered "different blades", and then convert, would they still be considered "different blades" while universal, even if the same value?

And one final question, are mockenspiel blades considered their own category? (i assume they are) but if I converted a blade into a universal value of a balanceblade i already have, would i be able to use both?

Defender
Nov 12, 2013
Interesting conundrum. I do not have a balance wizard that has learned Mockenspiel but speaking from experience you'd have 3 possible scenarios:

1. Individual charms that are converted by Mockenspiel retain their status and will still stack

-- 3 supercharger charms of different origins (trained + enchanted + tc) will stack
-- 3 supercharger charms of the same origin (all trained but w/ different % values) will not stack

2. Individual charms that are converted by Mockenspiel lose their status since they're all being converted together by the same spell meaning they do not stack

-- 3 supercharger charms of the same and/or different origins/% (trained + trained + tc) will not stack

3. Charms that are converted by Mockenspiel, regardless of their origin, will stack with one another IF they have differing values

-- 3 supercharger charms of the same origin but different percentages (30% + 90% +10%/ all trained) will stack
-- 3 supercharger charms of different origins (trained + trained + tc) but the same % (50% x 3) will not stack

From a game mechanic standpoint, I think option 1 is most likely with 2 being the least. If options 3 is how it is in live, then you could (theoretically w/o hitting) have 5 sets of balance blades from 5%-70% that would ALL stack . This isn't even including the different variations of Mockenspiel itself; obviously enchanted + trained + tc but also 3-7 pips variants as well.

For your last question, they should stack with a normal blade most likely just as how a supercharged +30% charm would stack with a +30% stormblade (pre-update)

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
I have a Balance wizard, so let me tell you how it is unless another Sorcerer can provide some more information.

Mockenspiel sadly only converts the caster's blades so having Supercharge and Mockenspiel is a little hard to come by. I personally don't get to use Mockenspiel very often due to as a Balance I'm generally supposed to feint and blade. However, based on the limited times that I've got to use it (and that was a while ago...) I think so long as the blade is a different percent it will stack. Also keep in mind that it only can convert up to 3 blades at a time anyway. Say I had a 35% Elemental blade and 35% Spirit Blade, when I convert via mockenspiel it turns the 3 of them to 17% blades (the top/last 3) If I cast Mockenspiel again (it would use one blade), but the remaining 3 elemental school blades would all convert to 17%. None of these would stack.

Basically, the percent matters and that alone, *89% sure that the "version" TC vs trained vs item doesn't matter. So if you change it to a 45% blade with sharpen they'll convert to 24% and stack, but any other 45% blade that gets converted will not. Interesting note: If you use an Aegis blade it will attempt to convert it, but it is retained and you get the bonus half blade.

If you have various supercharge TC/item cards and I have time we can give it a test some time.