Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Question about text chat

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 17, 2016
Hey, everyone! I have a question about the text chat. Is there any way to disable it to players you are not friends with? I think it's pretty annoying when random players message me. Anything would be helpful. Thanks!

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
You can ignore any player by clicking the ignore button.
Left click on their name in the text box to pull up their character window screen.
After their character window screen is open, move your mouse over and select the ignore button (located at the top right corner of the box). After you complete the task at hand, you can choose to stop ignoring them by clicking the same button again; or not.

Explorer
Dec 12, 2012
I agree with Tyler, but watch out when you ignore somebody. If you're ignoring your friend just for fun, you can't become friends with them unless you unignore them, but after that you have no contact with them at all unless you have some communication app.

What I'd recommend with your friends is just play along. They don't mean anything harsh. But if they keep on doing it say, "I'm going to ignore you." And if they don't care, then they weren't a real friend, anyway.

Hope this helped

~ Katie LifeSword Level 87 ~