Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Question about "steal" spells

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 29, 2009

I'm a fire wizard and thus have the Steal Ward spell. I understand what it does, but I'm wondering what exactly happens when you cast a steal ward against some who just cast an elemental blade. Does it steal all of the blades or just one of them? If one, which one?

I tried to test this in the practice pvp, but it's kinda hard convincing people (even in practice), to cast an elemental blade because I want to try to steal it.

I assumed it would steal all, but I believe I saw an ice wizard do a Steal Ward spell against a Legend Shield and it only took the Myth part of that shield.

Explorer
Jan 29, 2009
It will steal the very last blade that was put out.

If someone puts up elemental blades, they go in the order fire, ice, and storm. You would steal the storm blade first, then ice, and finally fire.

If they put other blades up,then you steal the last blade put up.

Defender
May 29, 2009
so it does treat them as individual blades even though they're cast with a single spell. Thank you very much for clarifying.

Defender
May 28, 2009
I am a Grandmaster Fire Wizard and use this spell all the time. No offense to WizardofWorI but that order is backward. The order of Elemental Blades is Fire, Ice, Storm. So the blade that you are wanting to steal is fire and that is the one that is on the outside available to steal. Then the ice and then the storm. This is also true when considering Treasure Elemental Blades. Graphically, the treasure blades show up as Ice, Fire, Storm. But that is not what the icons represent. The first blade is still a fire blade and NOT an ice blade (even thought the game is displaying an ice blade). So if you see blades go up that are Fire, Ice, Storm, then you know you are dealing with REGULAR Elementals but if you see blades go up that are Ice, Fire, Storm then you know you are dealing with Treasure Elementals. Either way the fire blade is first so steal it before they can use it.

Defender
May 29, 2009
Zigmon, thanks for responding. You are correct, I was able to confirm this last night. I cast a steal ward against an elemental blade and I got the fire blade. Didn't know about the different in display on the elemental vs treasure blades. Good info.

Zigmon wrote:
I am a Grandmaster Fire Wizard and use this spell all the time. No offense to WizardofWorI but that order is backward. The order of Elemental Blades is Fire, Ice, Storm. So the blade that you are wanting to steal is fire and that is the one that is on the outside available to steal. Then the ice and then the storm. This is also true when considering Treasure Elemental Blades. Graphically, the treasure blades show up as Ice, Fire, Storm. But that is not what the icons represent. The first blade is still a fire blade and NOT an ice blade (even thought the game is displaying an ice blade). So if you see blades go up that are Fire, Ice, Storm, then you know you are dealing with REGULAR Elementals but if you see blades go up that are Ice, Fire, Storm then you know you are dealing with Treasure Elementals. Either way the fire blade is first so steal it before they can use it.