Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Question about old Critical System

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 16, 2008
I quit during the time of the old Critical System, and I hear that the new one kind of sucks. Can someone explain to me how the old system worked?

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Welcome to the Message Boards!

It has been quite some time the new critical system has been implemented. Hence, my memory of the older one is a bit tainted, nevertheless, I will attempt to recall all that I can remember.

The old critical system made heavy use of the raw number you saw on your stat. It didn't convert them to percentage figures like what occurs now.

The higher the number, the higher your chances of both gaining and landing a critical.

Usually this number mechanic made it easier for one to gain criticals.

Landing them differs than how it occurs now; which leads me into the blocking aspect.

Similarly to criticals, blocking made heavy use of numbers as well without incorporating percentage figures.
If your block was higher than the opponent's critical rating, chances are that you would block the hit incoming.

Blocking also worked on a mechanic that if the first opponent/player blocked a hit, there's a high chance that the rest of the team will also block the hit.

Nowadays, Critical Decay has made it harder to gain criticals and even harder to block them.

There was no such thing as "Critical Decay" within the past or during the first rollout of the Critical System.