Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Question about Deer Knight

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 03, 2018
Hey everyone,
So I'm fairly new to the game and created a Death Wizard, currently I am level 37. I decided to buy a few crowns and chose to buy a couple Knights Lore packs. On my second opening I got the deer knight card (Not the treasure card, the actual card). My questions about it is:

1. Is it a good card/how rare is it? Did I waste my money/crowns opening the packs?
2. Is there any tips on how to use it in the most efficient way to make the battles easier?

Survivor
May 18, 2010
Deer night is good card and no you didnt waste your crowns on 2 packs maxs lvl wizards used the spell deer night since its hit all and lower pip spell

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
that's a very lucky pull after 2 packs, congrats. It's a good spell depending on how you play the wizard you got it on. On my Death wizards, I only use spells that life sap, however, at L37, Deer knight will be your bread and butter hit all spell. It doesnt life sap, but it will break shields, and hit all, and is a strong card for your level. Once you get scarecrow you MIGHT find that DK has less usage, again, depending on your playing style. Congrats on your lucky pull, and happy hunting :)

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Wow you were lucky!!!

The Deer Knight spell will change your life, trust me. It's just an amazing spell that will make questing go a lot faster for your Death wizard. It hits everyone pretty hard up front, and does some more damage over time to help keep off shields. To get the most out of it, put up a couple of blades first.

The Deer Knight only does straight damage, it doesn't drain health back to you. However, it does near the same amount of damage as the Skeletal Pirate (for the same number of pips) and yet it hits everyone all at once. In Marleybone thru Mooshu, this spell will end your battles fast.

As you level up, you can use Deer Knight just to get rid of mobs and/or Tower shields, while saving your other spells for the bosses. My Death is level 92 and still uses this 5 pip spell on a very regular basis. (She crafted it at level 60 or so, when she got to Zafaria.) With blades and some enchantment, Fallon can easily do 2000-3000 damage with it, sometimes more.

Congratulations!

Alia Misthaven, 124
Fallon Raven, 92

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Oh my goodness! You were SUPER LUCKY!!!

People spend a fortune opening those packs for Deer Knight! It's the best drop in the pack and when I got it on my death it sped up battles so much. I love that spell and my death is even more fun with it. It's the lowest pip aoe for death wizards so very much desired and highly useful at all levels.

Well done getting it!