Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Question about certain phrase

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 16, 2012
15
In the game, even with open chat, you are unable to type out the phrase "get in"

How so? I'm wondering because I intended to use the phrase to let the other person know that "It took a long time for me to get in" (in a dungeon, loading-wise)

Administrator
Sebastian12205 on Apr 13, 2019 wrote:
In the game, even with open chat, you are unable to type out the phrase "get in"

How so? I'm wondering because I intended to use the phrase to let the other person know that "It took a long time for me to get in" (in a dungeon, loading-wise)
There are unfortunately a lot of cross-over phrases like this one. I'm not sure why this one would be blocked, but will investigate further.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
2102
I know the feeling of having to navigate innocent terms and trying variations like 'get into' or 'go in' even if they don't quite flow correctly.

One of my pet niggles is the words 'pet' and 'you' can not be together in any sentence. This comes up a lot for me as so many of my interactions are pet related. What's the pet you want? The pet you get will have better stats and pool. etc etc

I can see why it is not allowed, but sometimes it feels like the person you're talking with must be wondering whether you're still there because it takes so long to type a simple response lol

Another one is 'whole' being a red word...I now use 'entire' entirely too much haha, the self-correct has even filtered through to my everyday speech and writing

Explorer
Apr 18, 2013
66
Sparck on Apr 15, 2019 wrote:
There are unfortunately a lot of cross-over phrases like this one. I'm not sure why this one would be blocked, but will investigate further.
"Nibbler" is also not allowed to be typed in-game, yet it is the name of a fish. Investigate that too please.

And "putto" is still yellow, but is the name of a Valentine wand, "Putto's Wand", which got me instantly suspended without warning back in February, which KI has since apologized for. What is the outcome though? Why is it still yellow?

Survivor
Aug 27, 2011
2
stemogstel on Apr 16, 2019 wrote:
"Nibbler" is also not allowed to be typed in-game, yet it is the name of a fish. Investigate that too please.

And "putto" is still yellow, but is the name of a Valentine wand, "Putto's Wand", which got me instantly suspended without warning back in February, which KI has since apologized for. What is the outcome though? Why is it still yellow?
"Nibbler" could be mistaken as a certain racial derogatory term; "putto" can be mistaken for an attempt at trying to find a loophole for saying a certain spanish swear word.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
2102
ethan123456466 on Apr 18, 2019 wrote:
"Nibbler" could be mistaken as a certain racial derogatory term; "putto" can be mistaken for an attempt at trying to find a loophole for saying a certain spanish swear word.
I just learned a new Spanish word I'll never use lol

That explains Stemogstel's instant suspension! Explains...not justifies btw, the situation of innocently saying something that has an auto-suspend on it shouldn't be possible, much less from saying the actual name of an in game item!

A friend asked my opinion of Stemogstel's thread about the suspension and I had no idea how 'Putto's Wand' could be the cause of it. It's weird to think we could fall foul of the autobot by saying something that could be inappropriate or close to an inappropriate word in a language we don't even speak.

New names should be checked against the black list. If they can't be said in open chat change the name, if they're able to be said in open add it to the white list for text chat users. It makes sense for everything in the game to be able to be spoken about in the game.

Explorer
Apr 18, 2013
66
Just about any word and every word can be misconstrued into a teenage childish naughty term. New reagents were named Flawless/Perfect Hematite. Imagine a teenager saying it.
Another allowed saying is 'I hope you die'. I just tried it but did not enter it, and that whole, oops entire, phrase is white. Why does wiz allow such things as die and kill allowed anyway? I used to always prefer typing 'defeat' instead of 'kill'.

There is also those who may mistype or are typing fast or have a keypad with low batteries messing up our messages sometimes. It may have happened to even Victoria! Reread your 2nd paragraph, 5th word. Never mind. I just looked it up, and that's a word!? Ya can't type that on wiz, lol.

Victoria, might I know you on Central?

Another thing to remember is, had the word been 'red', I wouldn't be able to have typed it (like Nibbler is red). But it's the name of the wand, and my suspension came with no warning whatsoever. When I contacted 'Support', they eventually apologized, yet never gave any explanation why I got the instant suspension.

I still do not know how exactly these 2 words are derogatory. Different generations have different interpretations.

put·to

/ˈpo͞odō/



noun



a representation of a naked child, especially a cherub or a cupid in Renaissance art.

nibbler

[ nib-ler ]

noun
a person or thing that nibbles.
any of several fishes of the family Girellidae, inhabiting shallow coastal waters on both sides of the Pacific Ocean, having thin, incisorlike teeth.

Plus there is no other way to say the name of the in-game fish! XD, no workaround.
I'm with Victoria on this! Either change then name of the wand and the fish, or allow such words to be said.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
2102
stemogstel on Apr 28, 2019 wrote:
Just about any word and every word can be misconstrued into a teenage childish naughty term. New reagents were named Flawless/Perfect Hematite. Imagine a teenager saying it.
Another allowed saying is 'I hope you die'. I just tried it but did not enter it, and that whole, oops entire, phrase is white. Why does wiz allow such things as die and kill allowed anyway? I used to always prefer typing 'defeat' instead of 'kill'.

There is also those who may mistype or are typing fast or have a keypad with low batteries messing up our messages sometimes. It may have happened to even Victoria! Reread your 2nd paragraph, 5th word. Never mind. I just looked it up, and that's a word!? Ya can't type that on wiz, lol.

Victoria, might I know you on Central?

Another thing to remember is, had the word been 'red', I wouldn't be able to have typed it (like Nibbler is red). But it's the name of the wand, and my suspension came with no warning whatsoever. When I contacted 'Support', they eventually apologized, yet never gave any explanation why I got the instant suspension.

I still do not know how exactly these 2 words are derogatory. Different generations have different interpretations.

put·to

/ˈpo͞odō/



noun



a representation of a naked child, especially a cherub or a cupid in Renaissance art.

nibbler

[ nib-ler ]

noun
a person or thing that nibbles.
any of several fishes of the family Girellidae, inhabiting shallow coastal waters on both sides of the Pacific Ocean, having thin, incisorlike teeth.

Plus there is no other way to say the name of the in-game fish! XD, no workaround.
I'm with Victoria on this! Either change then name of the wand and the fish, or allow such words to be said.
ROFL I never even knew that word was red, then again it's not a word I use very often...and yes it is a normal, innocent word. Maybe it's used more in the UK than US? IDK but if it didn't show as red (showing yellow instead) I'd assume using it was fine...a bit like your wand situation.

You might know me from Central if you've been there a while - Miss Froggie. I left a while back and then my daughter Nessa Raventhorn left a little bit later. Maybe we hatched or did TC trades?

I'm still good friends with people from Central, especially the friends I made in Pet Central - such an amazingly kind and generous group! I love them all very much!

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
1443
Stemogstel - I think it's not the literal word definition, but rather, that people will use look alike words to refer to a different word that definitely is bad. There are also some words people use in place of bad words that are perfectly ordinary words on their own. It can be tricky to police language.