Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Question about ADAPT spell from Arcanum Teacher

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 04, 2014
I have a question. The ADAPT spell gives a power pip when you are hit by an incoming spell of level 6+. However, does it also retain the ability to give a white pip when hit by spells from levels 4 & 5? I am asking because all the other star school spells he provides appear to be additive in nature - i.e. you don't lose lower level functionality.

If the spell only gives power pips from level 6+ spells and not white pips from lower ones, then I don't really see how useful it is. The majority of current bosses and creatures in the game usually use 4 or 5 pip spells. Occasionally a 6 or 7 level pip spell is used, but those are not too frequent compared to the lower level spells. Even the shadow pip enhanced spells are only 5 pip spells - and the tough bosses use those frequently, but with ADAPT, they would not even be counted, and you would gain nothing if it does not give a white pip below level 6+.

Please answer if you can, a training point use hangs on your reply.

Thanks.

Defender
Jun 04, 2014
My previous comment entry makes more sense if you consider that the prerequisite spell for ADAPT is Empowerment - which is the spell that gives a white pip if hit with spells of level 4+ or higher. Since ADAPT is the follow on spell to Empowerment, my previous question should make a lot more sense. Sorry if it was not clear.

Delver
Jul 24, 2015
Adapt does not grant a regular pip for spells cast with 4 or 5 pips.

This aura could use some love. For any level 110 wizard, the most common devastating spells used by enemies are the Darkmoor attacks such as Caterpillar, Call of Khrulhu, Fire from Above, Glowbug Squall. These spells require 5 pips, plus a shadow pip, and do not trigger the Adapt aura. It seems like X pip spells such as Judgment will not trigger it, either, even when cast with 3+ Power Pips.

Adapt is useful in some duels, especially with Life wizards on your team. Malistaire's dragon dispel will trigger it, for instance. Both Rebirth and Wings of Fate trigger it as well.