Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Quest Helper Changes

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 21, 2011
i am so mad because my quest helper arrow wont move so i cand do my quests in avalon and it is so dissapointing

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
jacobczereda wrote:
i am so mad because my quest helper arrow wont move so i cand do my quests in avalon and it is so dissapointing

Professor Greyrose gave some info on how to get around this for now:

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/50280.ftl

Survivor
Jan 23, 2011
Found another new problem today in The Oasis, in Krokotopia. Was following a Main Quest. Accepted a Side Quest. The quest helper arrow changed to the side quest, instead of staying on the Main Quest as it should.

Sent a report to support@wizard101.com.

Defender
Apr 08, 2011
I think this is a much better quest-helper-arrow-thingy than before! Lol.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Professor Greyrose wrote:
We made some recent changes to the Quest Helper arrow that seemed to hinder more than help, so we've made some more changes and we want your feedback.

1. If you are using Quest Arrow to track a main storyline quest and accept another main storyline quest - the Quest Arrow should switch to the newly accepted quest

2. If you are using Quest Arrow to track a main storyline quest and accept a side quest - the Quest Arrow should not switch to the newly accepted side quest

3. If you are using Quest Arrow to track a side quest and accept a main storyline quest - Quest Arrow will switch to point in the direction of the main storyline quest

4. If you are using Quest Arrow to track a side quest and accept another side quest - Quest Arrow will switch to point in the direction of the newly accepted side quest
This should solve the issue of the Quest Helper not recognizing that you picked up a new quest.

Please test this vigorously and let us know if it is not working as expected on a particular quest.

The saying goes: If it was never broken, don't try to fix it. Just make the colors of the main quests chart different from the side quests. Problem solved.

Survivor
Jan 17, 2010
Survivor
Aug 02, 2012
As of 1:34 am est 8/27/2012 it is not working at all for me. It just points straight.

Oh about the changes, I can not see any. So I like the old way it was. It was easy enough to switch back a fourth among my quests so I really had no trpoblr.

BTW I am an older player 47.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
darkgunnerds wrote:
As of 1:34 am est 8/27/2012 it is not working at all for me. It just points straight.

Oh about the changes, I can not see any. So I like the old way it was. It was easy enough to switch back a fourth among my quests so I really had no trpoblr.

BTW I am an older player 47.

This section is about the "changes" to how the quest arrow is expected to be working.

If your quest arrow "is stuck", Professor Greyrose addressed that issue in this post:

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/50280.ftl

Maybe that will help you.