Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Problem with Crowns

AuthorMessage
Defender
Aug 05, 2009
After doing a few observations, I've noticed an issue with the crowns system, and I thought I should share it on the forum. One day I was at the Commons, and somebody walks up to me an says, "I'll gift you something from the crowns shop if you give me a few treasure cards." I said yes. After giving them the treasure cards, they teleported away. I had just been robbed of my cards. Later I see them and they say, "I'm sorry for stealing your cards. I won't do it again." Then they said they had to go. I go to another realm and see them tricking somebody else. I tell them to stop, and they say they have no clue who I am. This is very annoying, and I hope Kingsisle will update the trading system to somehow stop it from happening to others.

Administrator
Be sensible young Wizards, and ask yourselves if this person is really going to give you an item worth $30 of real money just for a few free Treasure Cards - the answer is, no, they're not. They're going to take your Treasure Cards and disappear. It's not a very nice thing to do, but all trades must be agreed upon by both parties. If the trade sounds too good to be true, it probably is, so don't accept the trade.

Please remember, reporting someone for 'scamming' you out of Treasure Cards is not valid, since you both had to agree to the trade. If what you see in the Trade window is not fair, regardless of what the player told you, don't agree to the trade, simple as that. Caveat emptor is a very powerful lesson to learn, young Wizards. Buyer Beware.

community@wizard101.com
Hero
Sep 08, 2008
Yea, this issue has been around since trading of treasure cards began.

Unfortunately, there will always be someone to take advantage of something at the expense of others. And unfortunately as well, that will never change.

Champion
Feb 14, 2010
I have a really hard time understanding why this is not a reportable offense and why there is no punishment for it. WE ALL know what is going on and almost everyone agrees that it is bad behavior but everytime someone complains about it they get scolded for being naive and then told "Well I hope you learned a lesson".
It seems to me that KI can review the chat log and clearly determine if some one promised a gift in return for cards and then just left with the cards and ignored the person they made a promise to.

And before you restate the obvious, YES I understand entirely that you only trade cards if the card trade is fair. I understand that because I am an adult - the people getting burned and probably also in the process developing a negative opinion about Wizard101 are kids.

IMO this type of behavior is bad, just like swearing and should be punishable. First offense warning, second offense 1 week ban. Do I have to point out that you are also showing kids that you can in effect steal cards and get away scott free.
There is not one beneficial aspect of these incidents that I can see.