Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Premature Max Level

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
What happens if you reach the max level before completing Mirage?

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Fable Finder on Mar 17, 2017 wrote:
You have 2 choices.

1. you can continue and complete the world

2. wait until a new world is released

There are other things in the game you could do such as Daily Assignments, pet hatching/training, work on your gardens, fishing OR help others through the game.

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
Fable Finder on Mar 17, 2017 wrote:
Then you won't get any experience from quests because the level bar disappears.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
You stop gaining any further experience points until the next cap level increase, but otherwise, nothing happens. Your experience bar disappears. You can keep questing and will receive all your other rewards (money, gear, etc), you just won't get any XP for completing your quests.

Alia Misthaven

Explorer
Aug 09, 2014
As other stated you just don't get any more experience. This isn't a bad thing and you haven't done anything wrong. It's pretty common with players doing side quests and side worlds. You're not missing out on anything you just don't need the experience because you're 120 and there's nothing beyond that yet. You should continue on as normal. It won't affect you in any way when the next world is released and the level cap increases.

Survivor
Aug 18, 2009
Freshta on Mar 17, 2017 wrote:
You stop gaining any further experience points until the next cap level increase, but otherwise, nothing happens. Your experience bar disappears. You can keep questing and will receive all your other rewards (money, gear, etc), you just won't get any XP for completing your quests.

Alia Misthaven
Wow! I hardly ever see another 2009 member on here anymore!

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
The Ice Lord on Mar 18, 2017 wrote:
LOL, There are still quite a few 2009 players and I have also seen a few 2008 players.

That should indicate how much some of us enjoy the game.

On Topic:

What you do at this point is up to you. Suggestions have been made and if you wish to finish Mirage without gaining XP to be ready for the next one, then by all means do so.

If you would prefer to be able to enter the next world with more XP and possibly an additional level or 2, then do some of the other activities that don't give XP. Also helping others through gives you the chance to pick up some pieces of gear that you may want.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Hi Ice Lord!

I actually started playing in Aug 2009, just like you did, thanks to a friend who was letting me play on her account when I was at her house. When I started playing, there was no Crown shop, no mounts, and in crafting we had to make five items instead of two. (Remember that? Things are so much better now!) My first wizard was a Myth that reached Grandmaster in Dec 2009, then my friend said "Get your own account!"

So I did, when I got a Wizard101 gift card for Christmas.

Alia Misthaven

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
Assuming I do all quests in the game before the next world is released, will I reach the max level when it is released?

Mastermind
Oct 21, 2013
Fable Finder on Mar 22, 2017 wrote:
Assuming I do all quests in the game before the next world is released, will I reach the max level when it is released?
No.

Once you're the max level, you get no XP. You might be thinking if you complete all quests, once the level cap is increased you'll get all the XP from those quests but that isn't the case.

Survivor
Aug 15, 2010
2010 player here lol

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
Mirajane7887 on Mar 22, 2017 wrote:
No.

Once you're the max level, you get no XP. You might be thinking if you complete all quests, once the level cap is increased you'll get all the XP from those quests but that isn't the case.
What I was saying was worded a little sloppily, so here is what I meant more clearly:

I do all the quests currently in the game.

Empyrea (or some other world) is released.

If I do all the main quests in Empyrea and no other quests, will I be max level by the time I complete the world?