Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pre-paid Gift Certificates

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 24, 2015
I would like to know if I can buy a pre-paid gift certificate for myself and use it on my own Wizard101 account even though I do not have access to the master settings. I do not KNOW the master email OR the master password so I can not purchase membership directly from the Wizard101 websites, and I have been relying on pre-paid gift cards from game stop ($10 or $20 ones) every month but it only does 1 month or 2 month membership.

I recently found out about the gift certificate option and I would like to know if I need access to the master settings in order to redeem a gift certificate. Typically I do not need the master settings to redeem a gift card, so I'm not sure if it's the same with gift certificates that you purchase online from the wizard101 website.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Okay, to answer your query.

Yes, you do need access to your master control settings to make any form of purchase on the game's website including those gift certificates.
You can try contacting KI to see if they are able to assist you with providing you this info.
support@wizard101.com

What you can do as an alternative is to create a new account with the sole purpose of funding your primary account. Creating a new account allows you to create your own master control settings and it is through there, you'll be able to buy gift certificates for yourself. Just ensure the email you use is one you've access to.