Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Power Pips

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 14, 2009
I was curious how power pips work in regards to X cast cost spells. Do power pips count as two or one when it comes to casting a spell like Frozen Armor? I am a Ice wizard and the math does not always add up correctly for how many pips I had. Also, how does it work if I am not the school of said spell i.e. I am ice and I cast a treasure card Dryad? Thanks for any clarification on this subject.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
Mereck wrote:
I was curious how power pips work in regards to X cast cost spells. Do power pips count as two or one when it comes to casting a spell like Frozen Armor? I am a Ice wizard and the math does not always add up correctly for how many pips I had. Also, how does it work if I am not the school of said spell i.e. I am ice and I cast a treasure card Dryad? Thanks for any clarification on this subject.

Power pips apply to your school spells and this does cover Rank X spells as well. The thing about frozen armor (or ice armor for that matter) is that the absorb does not benefit from your gear resistance. Perhaps this is why you think it isn't adding up. In regard to your example with dryad, they would only count as 1 pip unless you had a life mastery amulet.