Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Potion vendors

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 30, 2009
I don't know if this was talked about before, but why isn't there a potion vendor in every world? I find it hard travelling back to Wizard City to refill my potion bottles. Why?

Mastermind
May 02, 2009
Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
Hilda Brewer managed to corner the Potion market through a shrewd application of low costs, 24/7 access to her shop, embarassing paintings of her competitors, and a duck. She also controls the Minigame Sigils, and allow people to obtain small sips of Potion by playing these, while we in truth create dozens of dozens of Potions for her to sell.

It is whispered that some brave souls in Dragonspyre tried to set up shop as well, but their shop was burnt down and the souls themselves were soon imprisoned in Memory Crystals - followed by being dissolved into the many lava pits that dot the city. It is unknown who exactly was behind this act, but a single note found within the ruins of the shop read

"Mess with the Brewer, and I brew you

- H.B"

Some also say that she has eliminated even potential competitors, and that Gretta Darkkettle was pressured into giving up on her Alchemy courses to avoid discovering the secret behind the Potions - and forced Gretta Darkkettle to claim that it was a disagreement between her and Ambrose that caused the split.

A few of the teachers have discussed finding more ways to distribute Potions, but outside of Hilda Brewer's labour camps/minigames, they have not come up with any options other than physically relocating her. The idea of having to remove her from the Fairegrounds - where the most powerful wizards in the Spiral know she is within easy reach, and that they can prevent her from sinking her claws into more businesses throughout the Spiral - has, however, put a hold on that idea.

So, currently, Hilda Brewer remains the only source of Potions. Unless, of course, you want to play her games...

note: facts stated in this post may, in fact, not be based on facts.

Delver
Oct 26, 2010
I KNOW RIGHT! Ok, so here's a story: I was doing Tower of the Helephant with my best friends, and my best friend told me to get some potions. I said "Nah, I don't need them." because i thought it would be a quick thing and I would get wisps after the huge battle at first. So, I die, and My friends tell me to flee and come back. I'm like, ok. So i get to the main "commons" in Wysteria when I figure if i went to go get potions i would have to go ALL the way to wizard city, to the fairgronds, and get potions, then go ALL the way BACK to Wysteria, go through the place, AND go in the tower. Then i see the mini games right in front of me. I get the mana and health back in 30-50 seconds. There NEEDS to be potion vendors in every world.

Defender
Jul 09, 2011
As Bookshelvings said she would and has simply destroyed her competitors, although some day some brave soul would be willing to journey to the other worlds and de-throne Hilda from her place of power in the Potion industry.

Explorer
Mar 18, 2009
Hilda Brewer, Please .. Expand your business! I for one, would LOVE to see you, or your Mom, sister, Aunt, cousin, etc... in the other worlds. Keep it in the family! Minigames aren't always the fastest or best option. I've been in several towers along the way where I went through potions like they were nothing, and I would love *again!* to see a potion vendor somewhere higher in the spiral. Dragonspyre would be a REALLY good choice if you only hire one person Hilda... (With 9 worlds in the spiral DS is #5... right smack dab in the middle!)

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Why pay for potions when you can spend 60 seconds playing a free game to fill your potions? I've never paid for potions, and won't.

Explorer
May 30, 2009
dragonpfyre219 wrote:
Hilda Brewer, Please .. Expand your business! I for one, would LOVE to see you, or your Mom, sister, Aunt, cousin, etc... in the other worlds. Keep it in the family! Minigames aren't always the fastest or best option. I've been in several towers along the way where I went through potions like they were nothing, and I would love *again!* to see a potion vendor somewhere higher in the spiral. Dragonspyre would be a REALLY good choice if you only hire one person Hilda... (With 9 worlds in the spiral DS is #5... right smack dab in the middle!)

In agreement, I had trouble with Dragonspyre, and also mini-games aren't always the fastest. I have three potion flasks to fill it takes me a while to refill them all. What if your friend is in trouble with a dungeon, and you have no mana and no time? It takes several minutes to trek all the way back to Wizard City and get a potion. I like your idea of keeping it in the family, and spreading her relatives all across the Spiral.

Explorer
Mar 18, 2009
RavenLady777 wrote:
Why pay for potions when you can spend 60 seconds playing a free game to fill your potions? I've never paid for potions, and won't.

Most of the games take more than a minute to play, and what if you left someone in a battle and you have to get right back? Sometimes you don't have time to play. Porting home ,if you don't have a house, puts you in WC and if you have a house there is a spiral door right there. I have timed it, and I can make it to WC and purchase potion bottles and port back to where I was in under a minute. Again, I've timed it. Potion Motion seems to be the fastest game to refill (to me) and refilling all my bottles takes way longer than my port in, purchase, port back... So back to my original reply... Hilda Brewer, please expand your business.

Raven, I'm glad your way works for you, but each person is different.

Delver
Feb 16, 2010
Explorer
Jun 04, 2009
if you play potion motion until you have 1,000 points(a little after round two) you get your full potion. a trick to it is to just randomly move the tiles. this i find easier than going back to WC-plus it's free!

Explorer
May 30, 2009
It may be free but sometimes its time-consuming. We need more potion vendors. :P

Survivor
Feb 29, 2012
Where do you get the life potions (if there are any)? I only seem to get mana potion bottles