Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Please do away with defeat and collects.

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
I think it would be best if they would do away with the quests where you have to defeat enemies and collect certain items from them. The quest "My dinner with algae" for example. This quest is to complicated. Even for a team. These crustacean waverunners are to powerful. Ice mobs period are to powerful. They have special mutates such as icezilla and ice kraken and tons of health and spam tower shields whent hey don't have many pips. I counted off 24 of them and have collected only 1 of the three algaes I need to progress in this quest. I think Celestia is much to difficult. Plus these quests put a big damper on things. I came here to have fun, not to age faster by stressing out.

Champion
Feb 14, 2010
bravevline wrote:
These crustacean waverunners are to powerful. Ice mobs period are to powerful. They have special mutates such as icezilla and ice kraken and tons of health and spam tower shields whent hey don't have many pips.

I used to think that too but then I battled them with my fire wiz and he smote them down like lambs to the slaughter. 8)
Actually, I about had anxiety attacks when my Ice wiz had to battle these guys or the Pirates in Crustacean Empire. Yeah they certainly went out of their way to help Ice creatures in CL and WT.
I have had my moments where the frustration of collecting items has given me great dispair in places like Stormriven, the Science Center and The Grand Chasm so I feel your pain. I can't say I will be disappointed it they ever do change the quests to be a predetermined number of enemies but at the same time I don't think it really needs to be changed.
Once you collect and move on it becomes less of a concern and you have the great sense of accomplishment (I know right) from suffering through the hard times to reach your (current) final goal. :)

Delver
Aug 12, 2009
These quest types don't bother me at all. I prefer them to the "run there and fetch me this" type of quest.

If you are having trouble with a quest, don't do it solo. Two wizards is enough to take on nearly anything.

Devin Darksong – lvl 60 Death
Digby Darksong – lvl 60 Life
Duncan Darksong –lvl 60 balance
Dylan Darksong –lvl 60 Storm
Dustan Darksong –lvl 60 Myth
Dolan Darksong –lvl 60 Ice

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Too.

"This quest is too complicated."

"These crustacean waverunners are too powerful."

"Ice mobs period are too powerful."

Learn it!

Sorry, but it was just annoying me to no end. Anyway, I don't think they should change all the quests; I just think they need to fix the drop ratio. I don't know if that's easier said than done. In the meantime, try Wintertusk. That's what I did with my Theurgist.

Defender
Aug 03, 2009
I am personally not a fan of these quests, but then again, everything can't be "give me now." What I don't understand is: why can't you take algae from the ALGAE FARMS where the Waverunners hang out? Wouldn't that be much more sensible?

Champion
May 03, 2011
I hate them too. What helps for me is to change my expectations--i.e., I never assume that "0 of 3" really means you only need to defeat 3 guys. I multiply it by 3, so it's 9. After defeating triple the number, if I still haven't collected, I log off or do something else, because it is frustrating. I know they are trying to teach kids the benefits of patience and hard work, but sometimes it's just too irritating...yeah, I wouldn't be sorry to see this go, either. But I suspect it's here to stay. :(

Survivor
Jul 01, 2011
I agree totally! This "My Dinner With Algae" is ridiculous. I have spent about 6 hours buying powerups defeating these guys with no collections at all. Maybe I've gone as far into this game as I want to. I'm not going to spend my entire life trying to get through one quest. The ex points are over 13,000 though. Patience my butt, I want to kill (sorry... "defeat") something! You're right, the odds are definitely stacked against you in these quests. Playing solo makes it worse.

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
I would have to agree with the ice mobs being a bit 'unbalanced' when compared to the other mobs.

Ice mobs have the health of Ice, accuracy of Ice, yet hit as hard as Storm. Something is up. KingsIsle may realize it, I have realized it, I have complained about it.

It won't be changed. Unfortunate.