Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pip Play

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 15, 2008
Hey all. I have a two part question dealing with pip skills.

1. It seems from my experience that power pips only bump up your class specific spells and all sub class spells need pips no matter what kind.
@ Necro level 4 spell could use 2 reg. pips and 1 power to cast while my secondary class line aka Balance level 4 spell need four pips even if they are all power am I reading this correctly or may I be missing something.?

2. Related to pip power is better to have the elite resist gear, or go with class gear and get as high as possible pip power percentage?

I know its a big question but any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Joseph Blackblood 34 Magus Necromancer

Administrator
Bahala wrote:

1. It seems from my experience that power pips only bump up your class specific spells and all sub class spells need pips no matter what kind.
@ Necro level 4 spell could use 2 reg. pips and 1 power to cast while my secondary class line aka Balance level 4 spell need four pips even if they are all power am I reading this correctly or may I be missing something.?

That is correct. The Power Pips only count as double to your main school of focus.

Bahala wrote:

2. Related to pip power is better to have the elite resist gear, or go with class gear and get as high as possible pip power percentage?

There are arguments for both sides of this debate, and I'll let the fans answer with their own comments. :)

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Dec 18, 2008
Honestly i wish there were alot more choices in gear. But i have to say go with the elite resist gear, not only does it come with a treasure card but alot of health :P

what good are power pips if your dead?

Survivor
Dec 15, 2008
Okay> Thank you.

What are the feelings about gear, such as sword, rings etc. should I just stick with Hps/Mana, or go for power % increase. I also keep a full set of neck items with resists which I switch out according to mobs.

forgotnglory wrote:
Honestly i wish there were alot more choices in gear. But i have to say go with the elite resist gear, not only does it come with a treasure card but alot of health :P

what good are power pips if your dead?