Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pip conversion

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Nov 05, 2012
pip conversion is good, but the problem is that is doesn't really fit well together with the other stats. Especially power pip chance considering most people have that in the 90%-100% range after level 110. It's needed in that we could use the ability to get back a pip if we use an odd spell but the problem is that it's worth is no where near how valuable the stats we give up for it are. Critical and critical block are some of the most well needed stats in this game, maybe you could remove crib but never block. Especially if your going to increase the difficulty of a new world. So what's the answer? Change pip conversion, rework it to be just as valuable as critical and critical block and we have our answer, or increase crit and crit block in future gear to make it even again. This isn't a hard problem, simply one that I feel requires swift action.

Delver
Jul 24, 2015
At face value, power pips look a lot more useful until they hit 100%. Conversion rating looks like it works similarly to critical and block -- the number itself doesn't appear to translate directly into a percentage.

If anyone with good working knowledge of this mechanism wants to chime in, I definitely want to know more about it.

Here's what I'm interested in:

A wizard with 7 power pips casts Helping Hands (cost 3) and successfully converts a power pip. The wizard now has 5 power pips and a regular pip. Next round, the wizard gains a power pip and converts their regular pip, obtaining full pips once again.

Is this how it works?

Defender
Jul 16, 2014
This pip conversion is useless. They made it like the crit where you have to have big numbers to make it work. You would need over 700+ in order to get close to 100%. How many people are going to give up thier darknoore gear to do this assuming they can even get the number anywhere near that. They need to change it to an actual %.

Survivor
Aug 28, 2010