Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pip changes?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 11, 2010
HEy I was finishing up my Marleybone quests last night after dowloading the newest patch and I noticed things were different. I have a level 34 death mage and one of my newest upgrades was a staff that gives +1 pip.
From what I remeber I would get +1 pip each turn when fighting plus the regular pip for that turn which had a chance to be a power pip. Now it seems my staff only gives it's +1 pip on turn one. After turn one I just get the standard pip a turn. This makes boss fights (especially the ones at the end of Marleybone where your regularly taking on three mobs two of which could be bosses) extremly difficult. I was spending a lot of my turns waiting to gather enough pips to cast my heavier duty spells. It also seems like the mobs don't get their own power pips anymore. I haven't seen any announcements or talk of this change so was wondering if it was just my imagination. If these are real changes that were made it has taken much of the enjoyment out of being primarily a solo player. Hopefully it was just a bug that has already been taken care of.

bytor09 wrote:

From what I remeber I would get +1 pip each turn when fighting plus the regular pip for that turn which had a chance to be a power pip.

That is incorrect, and to clarify, it has never worked that way. You will only get the 'bonus' pip at the beginning of the duel. This lets you start with 2 pips (one regular from the item, and the other either a regular or a power pip depending on what you lucked out on when you entered the duel)

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Adherent
May 20, 2010
I +1 pip item (i.e. wand) always gives a bonus single pip at the start of a duel, regardless of your power pip probability. You can start with either two single pips or a single pip and power pip.0

A +1 power pip item (i.e. sword) always gives a bonus power pip at the start of a duel. You can start with a power pip and single pip or two power pips.