Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet Rock.

AuthorMessage
Defender
Feb 17, 2009
I saw that the pet rock came out today (https://www.wizard101.com/game/promotions/petrock ) and I wasn't to impressed that that was the reason for the count down. If it's supposed to be the April Fool's joke then, lol? But maybe it is a preview of how our level 58 pets will be. Who knows, just saying wasn't the best thing in the spiral.

Thomas Swiftthislte, Legendary Ice.

Defender
Oct 05, 2010
Mastermind
Jul 26, 2009
eioofh wrote:
I saw that the pet rock came out today (https://www.wizard101.com/game/promotions/petrock ) and I wasn't to impressed that that was the reason for the count down. If it's supposed to be the April Fool's joke then, lol? But maybe it is a preview of how our level 58 pets will be. Who knows, just saying wasn't the best thing in the spiral.

The pet rock is awesome! It's supposed to be a little funny for April Fool's Day. And, it gives you a spell form the Star school. Pretty good if you ask me.

Delver
Feb 25, 2010
I think this is the part where the Professors jump out and yell "April Fool's!" and you say "Oh, ya got me!"

Defender
Aug 15, 2009
its a cool rock with strange eyballs that make it hard to train cause it looks at you when you go to hit the arrows in dance and forget what arrows to push.

Then it seems the first talent it has (found out twice) is that it cast a taunt spell (cant remember which taunt) that makes the enemy really focus on you and then you get to kill them quick or wish you had. Thats kind of a funny joke, but useful sort of when you are in a area helping lower level wizards.

The only negative is its animation at times seems choppy, at least compared to other pets, but it really is only noticable while training the pet.

Other than taunt it has decent ice talents, which for ice pets are hard to come by.

overall i would recommend buying it if you can especially if you are an ice wizard. If you arent an ice wizard you could still get one and cross train it to better adapt to your wizard school. the eyes alone are worth it.

The developers did good on this one even if it was meant for a joke:)

Explorer
Jul 26, 2009
Historian
Aug 10, 2009
catboy2197 wrote:
eioofh wrote:

The pet rock is awesome! It's supposed to be a little funny for April Fool's Day. And, it gives you a spell form the Star school. Pretty good if you ask me.

It is a fun little pet. I however don't like the taunt, maybe that was the April fools joke?

ellie

Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
The Pet Rock is interesting - and good, actually, on multiple points. It has very little animation, save when doing its casting/dancing, which makes it easy on the eyes.

It has a unique card - in the form of a Fortify card - which makes it ideal to help keep its owner alive. And it has a tendency to manifest Taunt as a talent, which will make that Fortify card useful.

I have every intention of cross-hatching my Rock with, say, a Turtle, in order to get a truly awesome shielding/healing pet that will work perfectly in tandem with a character designed specifically to draw and withstand fire from all enemies in the circle.