Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

people entering battles w/ not being wanted

2
AuthorMessage
Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4163
DanTheTerrible on Oct 2, 2016 wrote:
You don't need treasure cards. Anybody can learn reshuffle for a training point. I always have a reshuffle in my deck.
It's not worth learning for most people. The TC costs 3 pips while the learned costs 4, which is a big difference if it's off school. The TC are available from the librarians and you really don't need to use them very often. I always carry a couple in my sideboard just in case and almost never have to use them.

Defender
Aug 25, 2014
166
Sometimes people join by mistake. If that happens to me, I always apologize, which is what I expect in return. But I agree that people should be more careful about joining because we do not have a way to know what point they are in battle.

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
657
PixiePrincess26 on Sep 27, 2016 wrote:
I've been having this problem too. Like I would be in a battle then random people would join the fight and another monster enters the fight. Most of the time, players would enter the fight then decides that they don't want to be in the battle anymore and leaves. But then leaving all the monsters for me to fight. Most of the time they stand back and watch you struggle. Like most of the time I don't mind if random players join in the fight with me. But leaving in the middle is not cool.
Fleeing happens for many reasons, but for those special folks stuck on fleeing because they forgot to wear their big wizard pants. Well, they should benefit, and after entering and fleeing battles ten times, they are automatically teleported into a battle you can't leave they are killed and brought back to life ten times.
  • Flee, and the game saves your spot ,so the next time they log on, they're teleported right back and have to finish being killed and brought back to life ten times.
  • As the number of times you flee increases, so too does the number of times you have to repeat being teleported back into battle to be killed and brought back the same number of times you've fled, before you're able to access the regular game again.
  • When they are killed, their gear is given to the opponent, until they are completely stripped bear of all equipment, weapons, armor, mount and pet.
OK, so this feature won't ever be introduced into a game. But it would be so awesome to see the look on that person's face, stuck in a battle they can't get out of; knowing they're about to loose all their stuff!

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
1428
Heuna on Oct 6, 2016 wrote:
Sometimes people join by mistake. If that happens to me, I always apologize, which is what I expect in return. But I agree that people should be more careful about joining because we do not have a way to know what point they are in battle.
Well said. It's happened ot everyone they are just trying to get by and are pulled in. Some sidewalks are tricky and I went through one room (or tried to) in a realm in which there was no way to get past...you have to wait til all the minion backs are turned, which I hadn't noticed the first time. It looked like there was plenty of space to walk past.

So that's happened to me, too. I apologize and then help the best I can. Both times it was minions I didn't need in a quest yet...

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
1428
DanTheTerrible on Oct 2, 2016 wrote:
You don't need treasure cards. Anybody can learn reshuffle for a training point. I always have a reshuffle in my deck.
It hasn't come up in my training yet. Do you recall what level and what school?

The TC for reshuffle is over 1000 gold for each card.

If it's in a school I haven't been training in, I wouldn't be able to get it at a higher level, or would I? I don't know because I haven't seen it in the training queue yet.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
1011
SparkleTude on Oct 7, 2016 wrote:
It hasn't come up in my training yet. Do you recall what level and what school?

The TC for reshuffle is over 1000 gold for each card.

If it's in a school I haven't been training in, I wouldn't be able to get it at a higher level, or would I? I don't know because I haven't seen it in the training queue yet.
reshuffle is balance at level 20. You can train for it from Mildred Farseer in Colossus Boulevard. You'll find her in a house down a slop across from Mindy Pixiecrown

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4163
SparkleTude on Oct 7, 2016 wrote:
It hasn't come up in my training yet. Do you recall what level and what school?

The TC for reshuffle is over 1000 gold for each card.

If it's in a school I haven't been training in, I wouldn't be able to get it at a higher level, or would I? I don't know because I haven't seen it in the training queue yet.
It's level 20 and learned from Mildred Farseer on Colossus Blvd. The same trainer that teaches dispels.

Mastermind
May 12, 2009
379
SparkleTude on Oct 7, 2016 wrote:
It hasn't come up in my training yet. Do you recall what level and what school?

The TC for reshuffle is over 1000 gold for each card.

If it's in a school I haven't been training in, I wouldn't be able to get it at a higher level, or would I? I don't know because I haven't seen it in the training queue yet.
Reshuffle is a balance spell that you can receive at level 20 from Mildred Farseer. She's located on Colossus Boulevard.

Best of luck!
S.S.

Defender
Aug 25, 2014
166
SparkleTude on Oct 7, 2016 wrote:
It hasn't come up in my training yet. Do you recall what level and what school?

The TC for reshuffle is over 1000 gold for each card.

If it's in a school I haven't been training in, I wouldn't be able to get it at a higher level, or would I? I don't know because I haven't seen it in the training queue yet.
It is a Balance school spell that anyone can learn. I think its around level 20. You have to go into Colossus Blvd to get it. Its in a shop down a path to the left of Mindy Pixiecrown.

Explorer
Dec 08, 2010
81
I tend to have problems with people joining fights without being wanted, but not all the time. Yesterday, someone joined my fight with some Corpse Lanterns in Avalon. At first, I didn't really mind as they were fairly difficult. However, they spent every round instantly passing and only attacked once. Thanks to another wizard joining the fight and actually helping beat them, we all made it out okay. On most other occasions, it isn't much of a problem (Keyword: Most). I think that this is a minor enough problem that it doesn't need a solution, but it is worth noting that people should at least ask before joining other wizard's battles.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
1428
Thanks everyone for the info on 'reshuffle.'

I had also been wondering where the Balance school was, so thanks for that info also.

Wouldn't I have to have trained the first 19 spells in a given wizard school, before I could learn spell 20?

I have spent my training points on other schools in most wizards.

Thanks.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4163
SparkleTude on Oct 13, 2016 wrote:
Thanks everyone for the info on 'reshuffle.'

I had also been wondering where the Balance school was, so thanks for that info also.

Wouldn't I have to have trained the first 19 spells in a given wizard school, before I could learn spell 20?

I have spent my training points on other schools in most wizards.

Thanks.
Training point spells come in different lines. The main school spells require learning in order. So do certain Astral school spells, but those are by type. You must learn each damage boost in order and each aiming spell in order, for example, but you don't have to take both damage and aiming. Shields in the Fairgrounds, Dispels and Reshuffle in Colossus, Minion buffers in Krok/Marley, Mass Prisms and Piercing Spears in Avalon, Blades/Traps from Balance Tree in Krok... they are all just level requirements, no spell prerequisites.

Survivor
Apr 11, 2009
10
I NEVER enter a battle unless I need it for a quest or if someone specifically asked me to fight with them. (I usually try to ask just to be on the safe side). If I get pulled, I say "sorry". I don't care if someone jumps in while I'm fighting, I just see it as more mobs for my quest. I understand that some people on this game may prefer to go solo, but IMO, it's also not right to do any of the following when someone jumps in your duel: Tell them off, stand there and do nothing the rest of the fight, use pacify on the enemies to get the joiner killed, etc. Two wrongs don't make a right! If you're one of those people who prefers to be asked first, you could say "Could you please ask next time?". Also, keep in mind that not everyone who joins is necessarily "bad" and might just have a different approach to the game (they might not mind if you did the same to them). If you ever see me fighting around the Spiral, you are welcome in my duel circle.
-Alia GoldLeaf 110

Defender
Aug 25, 2014
166
SparkleTude on Oct 13, 2016 wrote:
Thanks everyone for the info on 'reshuffle.'

I had also been wondering where the Balance school was, so thanks for that info also.

Wouldn't I have to have trained the first 19 spells in a given wizard school, before I could learn spell 20?

I have spent my training points on other schools in most wizards.

Thanks.
No. Even though it is a balance school spell, it is not apart of the actual school spells you have to learn in progression.

Delver
Jul 24, 2015
245
SparkleTude on Oct 13, 2016 wrote:
Thanks everyone for the info on 'reshuffle.'

I had also been wondering where the Balance school was, so thanks for that info also.

Wouldn't I have to have trained the first 19 spells in a given wizard school, before I could learn spell 20?

I have spent my training points on other schools in most wizards.

Thanks.
Reshuffle can be learned without any other Balance spells. I can confirm that I did this on my baby Myth wizard a couple weeks ago. The only other spells he knows from that school are Spirit Blade and Spirit Trap.

Survivor
Jul 19, 2014
1
I don't really mind when others jump in, usually it makes those dumb kill and collect quests go buy faster by letting me kill 3 or 4 at a time instead of 2. I usually ask before I join other peoples though, just because I've known a lot of people to be salty about it.

Survivor
May 22, 2013
10
I solo but I'm usually ok with people joining in on battles as long as they actually do their fair share. If they don't, like doing nothing or letting the timer run down every single time, then yes I do get mad. They're wasting my time and also making me do extra work that I'm not prepared for.
I make it a habit of never joining another person's battle just because I don't know if they'll be ok with it, and I'd rather not risk it. There are times I get pulled in accidentally, but then I do my best to end the battle quickly.

Delver
Jan 05, 2014
223
ihatethewind on Oct 14, 2016 wrote:
I don't really mind when others jump in, usually it makes those dumb kill and collect quests go buy faster by letting me kill 3 or 4 at a time instead of 2. I usually ask before I join other peoples though, just because I've known a lot of people to be salty about it.
Exactly. This is how I feel about it. Drag in more critters so we can both get the quest done quicker. Particularly since so many quests require an odd number of creatures defeated -- if I have to defeat 3 creatures by myself I have to fight twice and actually defeat 4. If someone drags in a third on my first fight, bam, I'm done without having to fight again and so probably so is the other person, win/win.

I do consider it a matter of politeness to try and drag in a critter of the same type the other person is already fighting. Clearly that is the creature he/she needs to defeat to complete his/her quest. In many places there is a second creature type wandering around, I consider dragging in a different creature type than the one the other player is already fighting to be a little rude, since it probably won't help with his quest, but probably will make it take longer for him/her to finish his fight. Dragging the right creature type into an already started duel can be tricky, you might want to practice a few times with a friend before you risk pissing off random strangers messing it up.

Survivor
Sep 26, 2016
1
PixiePrincess26 on Sep 27, 2016 wrote:
I've been having this problem too. Like I would be in a battle then random people would join the fight and another monster enters the fight. Most of the time, players would enter the fight then decides that they don't want to be in the battle anymore and leaves. But then leaving all the monsters for me to fight. Most of the time they stand back and watch you struggle. Like most of the time I don't mind if random players join in the fight with me. But leaving in the middle is not cool.
Exactly. It's the leaving in the middle thing that causes most of the problems. Because sometimes, I literally am not prepared to take on three enemies all alone. It's really difficult and annoying to cope alone when you were intending to solo it and rush your quests.

Amber Strider - Level 38 Myth

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
1428
Thanks to everyone for the further info on "reshuffle."

I didn't know that not all spells have to be learned 'in order.'

I haven't had the opportunity yet to learn 'reshuffle' but then I haven't gone in that balance school (on Colossus, right? That tiny building near a cul de sac?) in a long long time. And even then I didn't know what I was looking at.

About teaming up: Yeah it's great and very handy in collection quests and such. But teaming up and jumping in aren't the same things...In one it's clear both need and want some help. In the other, they could be on their last fulfillment and/or ready to log out.

I do like teaming up and I've been doing the 'team up' thing a lot lately (answering team up requests) and I've asked some people if they were interested in joining me in a battle or two. So I'm not anti social and I do team up.

I just find it works out best if people are on the same page from the start. I don't assume someone needs help if they're in a fight circle: I ask them if they do. JMO

Explorer
Dec 12, 2012
91
Patrick Ravenbane on Sep 20, 2016 wrote:
I don't mind if wizards join in. But they should share the killing since it's my battle they walked in to. I get upset when a wizard joins then takes off the next round or 2 and leave me 3 to fight which messes me up. Same as a dungeon that requires a team and he/she takes off half way through the quest. It doesn't only mess me up, it messes the team up. Payers need to judge their time better before entering a dungeon with others.

Tarlac Swiftblade 110
Arthur Battlethorn 110
Seth Stormstalker110
Sloan Stormcatcher 110
Connor Deathslinger 110
Adrian Firecaster 110
Carlos Nightshade 80
Tanner Stormrider 53
Gorman Mythhaven 53
Agreed. One time when I did team up and there was 2 seconds left, even if I wasn't in there yet, the guy left. That wizard wasted 2 minutes of my time and I was unbelieveably upset. Then, I just went in the thing solo and died, but the recall is a savior.

Katie LifeSword Level 87
Isabella WaterRider Level 40
Brianna Level 15
Level 32
Level 42
Level 31
And there's one more
SORRY WIZARDS I FORGOT ONE OF YOU AND FORGOT 4 OF YOUR NAMES! I'm a terrible trainer

Defender
Nov 24, 2012
124
Well, I disagree with a lot of you. First off, I'm not trying to sound rude, but none of you actually own the game. You can't just decide who joins and who doesn't. We're all paying to play, so we should all be able to join whichever match we want. It's polite to ask if you may join a match—but note that you don't have to. Like another user stated, join a realm that has fewer people if you do not want people joining your match.

I would like to point out a few things, however. Sometimes there's a boss in the streets that you have to kill, and while someone else might be already fighting the boss, the boss battle is open for everyone. There are times when I'm pulled into a fight—a fight that is already "occupied" by someone else. So I apologize and help the person finish the fight, instead of just fleeing—something some people rather do. But note that there are many reasons as to why that person could have fled. In the same scenario, there are players who are just downright rude and bash you, acting as if you just stole their match. This happened to me once and it ruined the game for me for the day. That's why I sometimes ovoid joining matches. On the other hand, I'm very friendly and welcome anyone who joins me in a match.

Defender
Nov 24, 2012
124
DanTheTerrible on Sep 27, 2016 wrote:
I don't mind so long as they are helpful and polite, which are much the same thing. Jumping in and then not fighting is rude. Jumping in and then letting the spell selection timer run out every turn is extremely rude. They should only jump in if they need to kill the creature type I am fighting, and for heavens sake drag in a third creature of that type, dragging in a different creature that won't help my quest is rude. They should be prepared to kill any extra creature they drag in, as the player who started the fight may not have enough cards in his deck to take out extra creatures.

If you can't comply with the above, don't jump in or at least ask permission first.

I jump into other player's street fights all the time. I am not sure if I have irritated people doing so, but in fact no one has ever complained. I follow all the above politeness rules religiously, and in addition always make sure I have a heal other wizard spell (not just fairy) or two to help out the other guy if he's running low on health.
I agree with most of the things you said but, "dragging in a different creature that won't help my quest is rude," seriously? This isn't even up to the wizard to decide. Mobs just come in the order they go.

Defender
Nov 24, 2012
124
Idony09 on Sep 27, 2016 wrote:
as you get higher level you will get to a point where you are glad to have someone jump in.. I always ask before jumping in.. it is polite.. I really don't mind people jumping in if they help out.. what i really don't like is if they are a low level person and they are just there for the loot and exp..
as you get higher level you will get to a point where you are glad to have someone jump in

Gosh! I'm so glad you posted this. This is very true. Something a lot of these players will come to understand—if they haven't already.

2