Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

opinion on something, please?

AuthorMessage
Hero
May 07, 2015
hi all. I have been thinking of "retiring" my fire wizard. someone else (the last diviner, I think) did something like this to their storm wizard. now, I would be retiring my fire wizard from questing for a while, but not deleting the char entirely. I would be retiring Miranda until the new wizard gets to like level 20 or 30. should I?

Defender
Aug 08, 2015
I mean I do it all the time. But that's all your personal preference. Not mine. If you get bored of one character, I always make another and start again. Which makes me hate every aspect about the beginning of the game but hey, it's up to you.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Probably need more information to give really an informed opinion.

However as a general rule, do whatever you want/think will be the most fun for you.

I personally am trying to Finish Mirage on my 2 highest level wizards before my Membership runs out. (I previously have purchased up to Caliburn with crowns) so I think that I am just going to level up my other wizards without the membership at least until the next world comes out. That's just me though. I also personally do not have a storm wizard, except on my second account and I only have him to like level 18 or so.

Defender
Nov 10, 2015
Hero
May 07, 2015
A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
I'm not sure why you would need other people's opinions on this...?

If you want to play another wizard, then play another wizard. It's your account, you can do what you want with it.

The only time I'd advise against setting your highest level wizard aside, is if you have a temporary subscription to the game that is going to run out soon. If that's the case, then you might want to keep questing your highest for as long as you can, before your access to the higher worlds comes to an end. Otherwise, just play how you want with whatever wizard you want.

Maybe Fire isn't the right school for you, the only way to know that for sure is to try a different one.

Alia is my highest and I'm slowly working her through the last part of Mirage, but I also stop to play with a level 90 Storm, a level 74 Death, and a few "under 50 wizards" when I just want to relax and have fun.

Alia Misthaven

Champion
Mar 25, 2011
Yes, it was my old storm wizard, Ryan Hexpyre, I had retired. I never had to chance to make a female wizard so I thought I would give it a shot. The female gear looked cool. Always nice to give each character a break. Good for you.

Hope to see you all in the Spiral!
Nathan GreenEyes 120 PvP Commander
Nathan GreenEyes 117 Hot in more ways than one (lol)
(Currently questing through Mirage)
Genevieve HexPyre 114+ PvP Warlord
(Currently questing through Mirage)

Nathan GreenEyes 110 Couch Potato Hoarder
Noah SkyHeart 50 Heart As Cold As The Winter Breeze