Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

only help minions or not?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 21, 2009
Myth wizards are meant to buff heal and protect their minions while they help you fight off your enemy. can the myth wizard buff heal and protect himself too or is he suppose to only buff heal and protect his minions I am a myth wizard too by the way. myth rule in questing.

Defender
Aug 30, 2014
It sounds like your having a lot of questions on how to effectively use minions in battle. In general, you will kill enemies quicker than your minions can. Minions have varied uses, some shield, some heal, some draw the attacks of the enemy away from you. It's good to shield your minion a little so it can survive to help you but the priority should always be to heal yourself and buff yourself as you are in general more efficient at defeating enemies than your minions are.

Hope that helps.

Moira Stormheart

Survivor
Mar 21, 2009
ty should you also buff and heal them or not

Defender
Aug 30, 2014
mekakron on Apr 7, 2017 wrote:
ty should you also buff and heal them or not
Personally, I wouldn't heal or shield them unless there wasn't a more useful move to do.

Moira Stormheart

Survivor
Mar 21, 2009
ty I get it now you have to buff heal and protect you and your minion thanks now I need to know what are minions all about are they for tactics or removing defenses? love being a myth wizard thanks for the comments

Defender
Aug 30, 2014
It depends on your minion. I suggest practice playing with your different minions until you see what spells they like to do. When you are lower in level, the minions tend to help you by hitting and they start shielding and blading later. So just learn how your minions usually act and that will help in know how to use them.

Moira Stormheart

Survivor
Mar 21, 2009
ok I got it troll traps, cyclops blade, trap, then attack, minotaur defends and taunts, talos attacks all enemies with humongofrog and puppet attacks constantly so then its all about tactics.

Defender
Aug 30, 2014
Sounds like you got it all figured out! Go and rock as a myth wizard!

Moira Stormheart

Survivor
Mar 21, 2009
one last question do you have idea to control the cyclops warrior minion he unpredictable and hard to plan with

Hero
May 02, 2009
Minions cannot be directly controlled by the player-they are controlled by an AI instead. However, you can sometimes get them to perform a certain action by using the Battle section in Menu Chat.