Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Older Wizards

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Ok, I'm curious. There's a thread that started way back 2009. It asked how many "older" wizards played W101.

I would consider myself an older wizard (child of the 70s). But I want to know how many older Wizards still play now that W101 is celebrating nine years.

Also, how many wizards started when they were kids but now nine years later still play?

How many have been with W101 since the beginning?

Steven Ghoststalker

Survivor
Dec 08, 2009
I am an 'older wizard'. I started playing with the kids I used to look after. They have all outgrown the game. I did not. ;-)

Survivor
Jun 25, 2014
I've been with wizard since the beginning myself and I am a (Child of the 80s) and so an older wizard myself.. I have deterred to other realms outside the spiral (Norrath, Azeroth, Tyria to name a few) but I always found myself back here in the spiral and honestly the only real place to make myself at home... Not to mention being a myth and all I got the pigsie spell which without a life amulet is just for amusement... but I am enjoying the game full heartedly even after 9 years... Its a real shame though that I just got my main to max.... Contemplating on a new wizard ( Ive been dabbling with ice as my secondary) My myth has all gauntlets to date on him and the only exception is the "Fantastic voyage" which I do hope they bring online so I can at any moment whisk myself away without really leaving the house LOL ...

Here's to another 30 years KI.....

Survivor
Jul 21, 2009
Area51Alien on Sep 3, 2017 wrote:
Ok, I'm curious. There's a thread that started way back 2009. It asked how many "older" wizards played W101.

I would consider myself an older wizard (child of the 70s). But I want to know how many older Wizards still play now that W101 is celebrating nine years.

Also, how many wizards started when they were kids but now nine years later still play?

Steven Ghoststalker
i been playing since the game came out. started to play with my kids but they got bored and i took over.nicole starhaven

Squire
Oct 29, 2011

Steven Ghoststalker
I haven't been with the game since the very beginning but yeah I am no longer a kid. At least I don't think I'm a kid .

Survivor
Mar 04, 2011

Steven Ghoststalker
i'm one player who stared playing when i was younger and started playing again. the mmo feature is really what is well done in this game and it has been the first one i played as well

Survivor
Oct 04, 2009
I'm not really the oldest Wizard, but I started playing with my parents when I was really little. They split up so I stopped playing for a few years but I finally managed to get back into it and play again. I'm really excited to play the newer worlds and the ones I didn't get to play. I'm pretty sure that I found Wizard101 from an add, but it might've been from the Toontown community as well.

Survivor
Nov 23, 2016
I am an older wizard but I keep losing accounts to moving problems

Survivor
Jun 05, 2010
I am older, retired, and still love playing games. Being old is only a frame of mind. Wizards keeps me young.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
i'm an 80s child myself.

i started playing this game in my early 20s~ my (now-ex) boyfriend's nephew, who was 8 at the time, wanted a questing buddy, and good old auntie von got roped into it because "you like harry potter".

he lost interest after a few months, but i stuck around for nearly 5 years before i went back to school last year and called it quits.

i broke my ankle back in february and have been unable to work or go to school. so i'm back here again, at least for the foreseeable future.

-von

Survivor
Aug 17, 2010
I am an older wizard and have been with the game since the beginning. My oldest child has a wizard of her own, but I must admit, it is mostly me that plays. Life keeps interrupting, so I am not here but sporadically these days but I always come back.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
frostednutella on Sep 4, 2017 wrote:
I haven't been with the game since the very beginning but yeah I am no longer a kid. At least I don't think I'm a kid .
Most everybody is a "kid" to somebody.

Please take this in the spirit intended. My daughter is in her late 20s, she's still a kid to me. Most of the cashiers at Wal-Mart or McDonalds look like kids to me.

I am in my 50s and the youngest member of my Model Railroad club. I'm the kid.

So please understand that I say this with the most sincere smile on face that I can muster. You can be the "Kid" of the "Older Wizards Club"

*Wish I could quote more than one person*
I honestly had no idea I was not alone. *Waves* Hi everybody, welcome to the "Older Wizards Club"

Steven Ghoststalker

Explorer
Apr 17, 2012
I guess I can't say I'm old anymore since 50 is the new 30. I'm just hoping they change it again to say 60 is the new 20.

Until then I'll see all you youngsters in the spiral.

Defender
Apr 18, 2014
I'm not an older player, but I do know quite a few. I've been playing since 2009, and hope that I can continue to enjoy the game!

Survivor
Aug 25, 2017
Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Early 60's kid. I don't have kids, so I can't blame them for getting me hooked on W101. I did it all on my own, so I take full responsibility for brain-washing myself into playing all these years.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
BrynnerOfReign on Sep 8, 2017 wrote:
Early 60's kid. I don't have kids, so I can't blame them for getting me hooked on W101. I did it all on my own, so I take full responsibility for brain-washing myself into playing all these years.
At least you are strong enough to admit it.

Steven Ghoststalker

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Are you starting the older wizards thread over?

Or are you making a new one that asks how many are still playing, who were playing in the beginning?

Explorer
Mar 11, 2009
I started in 2009 with my grandson who is now an adult....it was springbreak for him and I downloaded this new game for ME because when he got back home(out of state) we could play together...we did for a shortwhile and he went on to other games but I was hooked...never played any type of online/xbox games before....its been a lot of fun .....I kinda chuckle when some say they are "older players" but I say I'm a reallllly older player...why I knew Ambrose as a kid! LOL
However would like to wander with a fellow O.P. if you are looking for a friend.
Gabrielle Ravenwalker (87balance), usually in Centaur on multicolor hare. sometimes in Blossom.

Survivor
Dec 14, 2013
Older wizard here.
Started playing with my children, in 2009. They no longer play, but I do.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
SparkleTude on Sep 9, 2017 wrote:
Are you starting the older wizards thread over?

Or are you making a new one that asks how many are still playing, who were playing in the beginning?
I had intended to ask how many were still playing. Or if you started way back as child (ie my own kids who now all adults) and would consider yourself an older wizard.

It seems to have morphed into a reboot of the "Older Wizards" thread.

Fine by me.

Steven Ghoststalker

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
I'm a 60's child. America landing on the Moon was the most remembrance and exiting time in my life. I'm hoping there'll be a Mars landing before I leave this beautiful Planet. I Start playing Wizard101 7 years ago after I heard it's similar to Advanced Dungeons & Dragons. Now I can't stop playing this awesome game.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Area51Alien on Sep 11, 2017 wrote:
I had intended to ask how many were still playing. Or if you started way back as child (ie my own kids who now all adults) and would consider yourself an older wizard.

Fine by me.

Steven Ghoststalker
Cool.
I'm a newish player and an oldish human!
Hope that helps.

Lol

Defender
Nov 24, 2012
Area51Alien on Sep 11, 2017 wrote:

Fine by me.

Steven Ghoststalker
In this case, I guess I would be considered an "older wizard." I started playing in 2009 (and continue to play), but I never became a member, for my parents did not trust me with their credit card. It is only later that I convinced my parents to use their credit card in exchange for $10 to get a month of membership. I am currently in high school—soon to graduate next year—, and I now use my own card to pay.