Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

*Old Thread*

AuthorMessage
Squire
Jul 08, 2009
This was a very old thread but if anyone that read this thread saw what i wrote about the manders accents. I am sorry for sounding racist to arabian people/accents

Defender
May 09, 2009
HAHAHAHAHA ROFL LOL
love what you said about how the manders sound like. and i to me it sounds like a arabian accent (lol sry i suck at spelling) and i acctually know how one of those accent sounds like because in my ASL class the teacher also teaches arabic so she has some guy (idk where he is from ) but he has the same accent.

lol anyways my favorite is yes DragonSpire lol german accents just sound cool (kind of like the termenator ones "asta lavista baby" )

second the krok ones they to also sound cool

after that the accents sound almost alike which i'm a little disapointed in but hey you cant have everything

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
MB!! I <3 british accents!

And yah, krokotopian accents. Lol they sound really weird.

Defender
Jun 04, 2009
Survivor
Jan 06, 2009
Being a brit myself, just love the accents in Marleybone,they crack me up.
Lt Standish in Krokotopia though is my fave. Used to be a kid's show many years ago on UK tv, ex-goon Michael Bentine, and it sounds like one of his characters. Brilliant

Survivor
Dec 31, 2008
FlipFredFredBurger wrote:
My favorite accent: the dragonspyre german accents

Actually, those are Russian accents, definitely. Or at least very, very Slavic.

Except, for some inexplicable reason, for Milaka Jewelbender in the Crystal Grove. She does in fact speak with a German accent -- although she's the only one in Dragonspyre who does.

As for the other accents, the only one that mystifies me is the one chosen for the Bears of Grizzleheim. Are these guys Vikings or Marlboro Men? As someone who grew up with Swedes in the family, I was really looking forward to meeting those Bears. What a disappointment to hear them sound more like Topeka than Stockholm in their speech.

And then they give the Wolves Irish accents? And Estuary English Grendels? Grizzleheim, what gives?

Survivor
Apr 28, 2009
Defender
Jan 03, 2009
Everyone knows how everyone in every world has a accent.

So whats your favorite and your least and why.

Why: Its deep and manly :P

My least favorite accent: the krokotopian manders

Why: It sounds weird. It sounds like they are licking a lolipop and taking at the same time

You are entitled to your opinions.

I've never understood why people in ds have german accents but I've always found it cool :P

Defender
Jan 03, 2009
buzzaroo wrote:

Except, for some inexplicable reason, for Milaka Jewelbender in the Crystal Grove. She does in fact speak with a German accent -- although she's the only one in Dragonspyre who does.

As for the other accents, the only one that mystifies me is the one chosen for the Bears of Grizzleheim. Are these guys Vikings or Marlboro Men? As someone who grew up with Swedes in the family, I was really looking forward to meeting those Bears. What a disappointment to hear them sound more like Topeka than Stockholm in their speech.

And then they give the Wolves Irish accents? And Estuary English Grendels? Grizzleheim, what gives?

The ds accents are german, german accents pronounce their W's as V's and their TH's as Z's.

Survivor
Feb 19, 2010
i have to agree that GH's voices are a bit . . . . misplaced.

I love MS and MB accents. Being a huge Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Who fan, I love the British accents used and the Japaneseish accent in MS just fits the other comical elements of the world. I expected a bit more of a Transylvania Slavic accent in DS though.

James Deathmancer - Lvl 31 Magus Necromancer
James Dragonrider - Lvl 28 Balance

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2009
conorjak7 wrote:
HAHAHAHAHA ROFL LOL
love what you said about how the manders sound like. and i to me it sounds like a arabian accent (lol sry i suck at spelling) and i acctually know how one of those accent sounds like because in my ASL class the teacher also teaches arabic so she has some guy (idk where he is from ) but he has the same accent.

lol anyways my favorite is yes DragonSpire lol german accents just sound cool (kind of like the termenator ones "asta lavista baby" )

second the krok ones they to also sound cool

after that the accents sound almost alike which i'm a little disapointed in but hey you cant have everything

I think that would be an Austrian accent in Dragonspyre because the guy who plays as the terminator is Austrian. I agree that the manders have an Arabian accent (which, by the way, you spelled correctly) and I would say the manders' accent is my favorite (for now, haven't made it to Dragonspyre quite yet, so I don't know what they sound like there) and my least favorite is... Do I have to have a least favorite?

Defender
Dec 17, 2008
I'm pretty sure that the Dragonspyre accent is Russian, not German.
I played through Grizzleheim with the sound off. Reading this thread makes me want to go back and speak to some people. I love Irish accents, so I really want to talk to some Wolves lol

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2009
Rokk wrote:
buzzaroo wrote:

The ds accents are german, german accents pronounce their W's as V's and their TH's as Z's.

I have never heard Dragonspyre people personally, but I study the German language and can tell you that a German accent doesn't pronounce TH's like Z's, that would be a Russian accent. Both pronounce W's like V's, but German pronounces the TH's like D's. I used to get the two accents confused, but can now distinguish between the them.

Auf Wiedersehen!