Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Notified twice no news.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 20, 2009
I have a major complaint or some of you may think it is just a mess up in the game. Headmaster Ambrose keeps on contacting me about important/exiting news. I have gone to visit him multiple times but he has just said 'Keep on searching. We must learn more about Malistare's plans!' . I have just recently unlocked the Storm Tomb in Krokotopia and am almost finished. It says I am the 'Hero of Krokotopia' but have not yet done all the side quests for it yet. I am wondering if I get Marleybone once I finish Krokotopia (yet I have finished not all side quests but I think that counts) I'm really ticked off about being bugged without anything needed. I am also getting tons of quests for in Marleybone. I have to teleport to friends toget my quests done. I'm still working on Grizzleheim but when do you get Marleybone? The game is getting a bit boring without a new area unlocked. What do you think happened? Did the computer glitch?

Administrator
Please, young Wizards, read the Frequently Asked Questions!

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/29105.ftl
Merle seems to be back to some bad habits of calling Wizards to his side when they level, and then not having anything for them when they arrive. Unless Merle has a symbol over his head, he's just checking to make sure you're paying attention to your studies!

community@wizard101.com
Defender
Jul 28, 2009
you go to marleybone AFTER you finish main missions in krokatopia i hope this helped you :D

Destiny DeathBlade Myth Wizard lvl 26

Survivor
Dec 20, 2009
So I might as well not go to him for the next 2-5 levels? Darn. I was really hoping that I would get Marleybone. :(

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
Professor Greyrose wrote:

Merle seems to be back to some bad habits of calling Wizards to his side when they level, and then not having anything for them when they arrive. Unless Merle has a symbol over his head, he's just checking to make sure you're paying attention to your studies!

I wish I had a dollar for everytime you had to say this.

Defender
Sep 11, 2010
Marleybone unlocked for my characters when ALL the quests for the Ghost of Krokohtep were completed. Krokopatra was killed, I did NOT find the Krokomonicon, and reporting back to the ghost who sent me to Talbot (Oasis) who gives me the spiral key so I can follow the Golden Sepulcher (containing the book) back to the Marleybone Museum.

These are not "side" quests. You may get the "Hero of Krokotopia" badge after killing Krokopatra, or reporting back to Krokohtep, ... but the spiral key ... to Marleybone ... is not acquired until you report back to the ghost who sends you back to Talbot at the Oasis ... ALL of whom have multiple topics to which the player must respond "Done" to before the quest(s) actually end successfully.

Btw, skipping ahead of your character's skill level to help friends is fine, but it is the player's responsibility to keep track of his/her quests should they be naive enough to accept quests for game areas for which they have not earned access. The problem is that accepting all of these quests BEFORE your character can travel to these places creates a huge active quest queue filled with Catch-22 restrictions that the automated quest arrow cannot resolve. The software sees that the closest unfinished quest to where you are actually standing may be in Marleybone, but you cannot get to Marleybone, so it is a Catch-22 situation for the software - a Catch-22 situation is a situation where the solution of a current problem is dependent on the same problem already being solved ... it cannot be done ... at least not by an automated process ... a manual process is required ... ;)

This is not a computer glitch.

Your boredom has evidently made you inattentive and inattention leads to sloppy game play. The manual process required is you need to actively study your quest list, displaying the commentary if needed so you can be sure all quests for the ghost are completed.

The funny part is this ... it took you longer to write your complaint than it will to actually get your key to Marleybone. In addition to that, teleporting to Ambrose and back by mistake - omg TWICE!!!!! - takes less than 15-30 seconds on the WORST of realm servers.

Boredom ... lmho! ... should be the least of your concerns ... ;)

Defender
May 17, 2009
Professor Greyrose wrote:

But one time when merle calls you, he says, "I loathe to interrupt your studies young wizard..." So what is the real problem?

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Professor Ambrose will generally call the wizard in at level 25, 30, 35, etc.

WHAT'S ACTUALLY HAPPENING (my storyline):

Malistaire Drake has noticed that you are busily defeating his many subordinates and that you are on his trail. Naturally, he wants to divert you from your work. Naturally, he wants to disrupt your progress. While the Ravenwood faculty has managed to block most of his diversionary tactics, they haven't figured out ho to stop him from occasionally creating fake messages from Ambrose and other teachers to divert you from your quest and send you needlessly back to Wizard City and Ravenwood.

Until the professors figure out how to stop Malistaire from doing this, you're advised to treat every message as though it's real. To help you minimize the delay, this is recommended:

WHAT TO DO WHEN AMBROSE OR ANOTHER PROFESSOR CALLS YOU:

1) Put a teleport mark down wherever you are.

2) Go Home and visit the required professor. If the message is real, you may want to do what the professor requests.

3) Regardless of whether the message is real, it would be a good time to refill your Health and Mana from a potion bottle and go to the Fairegrounds to play games to refill all of your bottles.

4) You might want to check in with the professor of your primary school to see if he/she wants anything.

5) Since the fake messages usually come at levels divisible by 5 (i.e. 25, 30, 35), it might be a good time to go to the Bazaar to check out equipment upgrades. (If you have Crowns, and you get the message at levels 15., 25, 35, or 45, you may want to first go through Bartleby to the Commons area of the world you're currently questing in and check the shops for Crowns equipment).

6) Once you finish with your business, you can teleport back to your mark and continue on your quests.

By doing this, you can use the false messages to your advantage and be better prepared to continue on your quests.