Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Not so nice

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 23, 2009
78
It seems to me from a kids prospective (that would be me), that from my 42 lvl of doing the game, it seems that that the high lvl players have a seem to be more mean than low lvl wizards. like the other day there was this guy in dragonspyre who called me an irrating little kid!




Hunter SpirtGem

35 ice

Survivor
Apr 19, 2009
12
steelerfan66 wrote:
It seems to me from a kids prospective (that would be me), that from my 35 lvl of doing the game, it seems that that the high lvl players have a seem to be more mean than low lvl wizards. like the other day there was this guy in dragonspyre who called me an irrating little kid!




Hunter SpirtGem

35 ice


same i level 39 and people who even level 40 call me BAD BAD words like swear words they find loop-holes! its annoying cause they are only one level difference!!!!!


Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
892
You failed to mention why he called you an irritating little kid. It could be actions you think of as innocent and benign, are not seen that way from others viewpoints.

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
678
Speaking from an adults view, there are plenty of kids that call us names as well. Just learn how to ignore them and enjoy the game.

Remember, not all of us high level wizards are like that. You will find jerks in all types.

Survivor
Mar 22, 2010
16
Really? I get called stuff all the time. Face it, it's an MMORPG, okay, there is a lot of stuff that, if adults knew what was going on, they'd unleash their parental banhammers on their kids. I've seen it. MMORPGs always have the mean ones, the "adult" ones, and if the ESRB rated MMORPGs with online interactions, they'd all be rated M for strong language. Just ignore them. That's why there's an ignore list.

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
962
Higher level people will usually call lower level "noobs" for, well, acting like noobs, usually when farming strong bosses For example, when I was helping my friend get Ianthine Spectre, some "noob" joined and used every single trap with his 1 pip cards, kept laughing at us every time he used a trap, then when he died, he expected for us to heal him, and got all mad at all of us for have healing cards but healing him.

Mastermind
Jun 07, 2010
333
Something that a kid might think is innocent, might be annoying to an adult.

Did you spam Group invites, and Friendships just randomly, to any Higher level character? Did you bug them constantly to gift you a mount?

Think about what your actions where before he lashed out to you.

I can tell you right now, NO ONE, and I mean NO ONE, likes Random friendship or group invites regardless of you being a kid or an adult.

If you want to make friends regardless of real life or virtual life, Friendship needs to be earned. If Friendship requests becomes annoying to an individual, they are gonna lash out at you, and call you a pest. Well, because you are being a pest.

Remember Friendship is not a giving it is earned.

Explorer
May 23, 2009
78
Yea but only some higher lvls are mean. And goos point, because i reported him for swearing.

Thanks for responding


Pyrsik wrote:
You failed to mention why he called you an irritating little kid. It could be actions you think of as innocent and benign, are not seen that way from others viewpoints.

Explorer
May 23, 2009
78

What you fail to get is that i was not asking to be his friend. i was with my friends in dragonspyre and he showed up. He started swearing and i reported him for that. thats when things got bad


Drifter69 wrote:
Something that a kid might think is innocent, might be annoying to an adult.

Did you spam Group invites, and Friendships just randomly, to any Higher level character? Did you bug them constantly to gift you a mount?

Think about what your actions where before he lashed out to you.

I can tell you right now, NO ONE, and I mean NO ONE, likes Random friendship or group invites regardless of you being a kid or an adult.

If you want to make friends regardless of real life or virtual life, Friendship needs to be earned. If Friendship requests becomes annoying to an individual, they are gonna lash out at you, and call you a pest. Well, because you are being a pest.

Remember Friendship is not a giving it is earned.

Survivor
May 14, 2009
3
steelerfan66 wrote:
It seems to me from a kids prospective (that would be me), that from my 35 lvl of doing the game, it seems that that the high lvl players have a seem to be more mean than low lvl wizards. like the other day there was this guy in dragonspyre who called me an irrating little kid!




Hunter SpirtGem

35 ice


i'm a level fifthy and i nice then a level five! i get picked on then we battle and i win :D

william stormgem rocks

Survivor
May 14, 2009
3
i a level 50 and i really nice and not all high levels are mean like my friend hunter sprite gem he a level 50 and he really nice. and i get pick on bye like level thirtys and i battle them and win bring them to the arena





WILLIAM STORM GEM

Survivor
Sep 19, 2009
14
steelerfan66 wrote:

What you fail to get is that i was not asking to be his friend. i was with my friends in dragonspyre and he showed up. He started swearing and i reported him for that. thats when things got bad



well, yeah, you reported him. While it's encouraged to do that, there not going to be all happy that you reported. What I'd do would be to switch realms immediately after to get away.
In dragonspyre, people feel like they have more authority than the lower leveled players because well, they're there most likely there without porting, and they're higher leveled.
Just press ignore and move on.
Once you get to a higher level, you're more respected and you don't receive it. While it's unfair, it's what happens.

THEN there's another point. Did you urge him on? Like, did you say stuff back? Because that's another issue. If you leave them alone, they eventually become quiet.

Explorer
May 23, 2009
78

LOL, hunter spiritgem is my name

superwill45 wrote:
i a level 50 and i really nice and not all high levels are mean like my friend hunter sprite gem he a level 50 and he really nice. and i get pick on bye like level thirtys and i battle them and win bring them to the arena





WILLIAM STORM GEM

Explorer
May 23, 2009
78

yes i did get back at him and wont do that from now on


Thanks!

Kiieru wrote:
steelerfan66 wrote:

What you fail to get is that i was not asking to be his friend. i was with my friends in dragonspyre and he showed up. He started swearing and i reported him for that. thats when things got bad



well, yeah, you reported him. While it's encouraged to do that, there not going to be all happy that you reported. What I'd do would be to switch realms immediately after to get away.
In dragonspyre, people feel like they have more authority than the lower leveled players because well, they're there most likely there without porting, and they're higher leveled.
Just press ignore and move on.
Once you get to a higher level, you're more respected and you don't receive it. While it's unfair, it's what happens.

THEN there's another point. Did you urge him on? Like, did you say stuff back? Because that's another issue. If you leave them alone, they eventually become quiet.