Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Not counting power pips?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 17, 2010
Why is it that some of my cards do not count my power pips as 2 pips? Often times I will have more than enough pips for a spell (I have 100% chance of power pips now) and the card doesn't light up?

Also, for cards that cost x pips, the damage (or healing) I get indicates that it only counted me for say 4 pips, when I really have 4 power pips.

Why does it do this?

Players receive a PIP each turn of the duel. PIPs are represented by small white dots along the front inside arc of the sigil that the player is standing in. If the PIP is a Power PIP, it should be glowing brighter and yellow.
Power PIPs count as TWO PIPS towards spells in your main school of focus only.
Players are eligible to receive Power PIPs after level 10. You can increase your chance of receiving Power PIPS with certain clothing and jewelry.

Spells require a certain number of PIPs before they can be cast. Some spells have a PIP requirement that is represented by an X. This means that the spell will be more powerful of you have more PIPs when you cast it.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Defender
Aug 13, 2010
You must be using Spells that are different from your chosen School of focus. If you are, say, a Death Wizard, all spells you use that aren't Death will count all pips, Power or not, as individual, single Pips.

So two Power Pips is good for a 4 Pip Death Spell or a 2 Pip Spell of any other School...And so on.

This is why you cannot take choosing your School so lightly.